Unanswered topics Active topics

horrible experience at EVERYTHING WITH FRIES at joo chiat

Exclusive corner for SHC East side members
Jeunes
3000rpm
3000rpm

horrible experience at EVERYTHING WITH FRIES at joo chiat

Post by Jeunes » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:31 pm

well last week i went there to have dinner with my friends.
was a damn horrible experience, i will have to say the worst i have encounter in sg for my 25 years of living.

well this is the 'experience feedback' i am posting at major food sites and blogs. Enjoy!

my horrible experience at EWF

well just last weekend 6 of us decide to pay tribute to this good looking cafe.

this is what happened with regards to our dinner experience.

7.35pm – 2 friends reached, queuing up.
7.50pm – Being seated.
8pm – Ordered 2 root beer floats.
8.05pm – remaining 4 of us reached.
8.10pm – came the 2 root beer floats.
8.12pm – Ordered 5 main course & remaining 3 drinks (root beer float, root beer, vanilla malt shake)
8.20pm – Observed that the root beer can is on the bar top.
8.25pm – Root beer can is still there. Oh my.. Urgh!! I am so thirsty looking at my drinks. So near yet so far.
8.30pm – Waitress open that can of root beer, pour and share it among 2 glass. 1st glass with ice, the other without, which I presume should be for the float. But 1 can for 2 glass of root beer that cost a total of $7?! (incl of gst and service charge)
8.32pm – Waitress decide to leave the root beer and the float sitting down there while she is trying to do up the last drink. BUT MY FLOAT IS BEING LEFT THERE TO MELT and previously the root beer has been there on the bar top for 5 mins and its not cold anymore. Urgh. Uncold root beer with float taste terrible.
8.36pm – All drinks prepared. No 1 willing to serve the drinks. My float is really melting now. 2 waiter stands at the bar, no 1 willing to serve the drinks.
8.37pm – Lady in red, which I assume is the in charge starts to ask the waitress who are the drinks for and why they are there (yes we can listen).
8.38pm – Drinks served. Root beer float taste omg-ly terrible. Wow 3 drinks took them a total of 20 mins. We were damn thirsty by then. By 2 gulps, the root beer and the float is gone. $7 down the drain. Ke—ching! (I think we overheard a Caucasian wanting his order cancelled because the wait is too long.)
8.40pm – Requested for ice water. 1st main course served. Ham & Cheese sandwich with sour cream & onion fries. Realise their straight cut doesn’t have potato skin and its not potato-wy enough. (carls jr is better). No. of fries in their main course, you can count with 2 hands. Upon careful inspection of fries, its just normal fries with some powerdery topping on it. Very disappointing.
8.41pm – First dish served, but where’s the utensils? Apparently, the server who served us didn’t realize that. Not given any utensils.
8.43pm – Finally, we manage to ‘CATCH’ a waiter, seems like all of them were hiding in the kitchen which I don’t know why. We HAD to request for utensils.
8.44pm – All utensils given. 2nd main course came, cheeseburger with curry fries. Same thing just curry powder on fries, you can count with 2 hands on the number of fries. After cutting it, my friend realize that he ordered well done, but in turn came only medium because you can see the pinkish meat still underneath. Well he was hungry and he is not going to wait.
8.46pm – 3rd main course came, Lamb burger with sour cream fries. It was my wife’s and I indicated to put it on her table. He repeated again, and I indicated again. Then he ask me ‘are you sure?’ then I said yah! It was the only lamb burger out of all the orders. How can I not be sure? I am now wondering if he understands English or sign language or none at all.
8.47pm – 4th main course came, Cheeseburger with curry fries, opps again?! We ordered 2 cheeseburger, 1 with curry another with garlic & herbs. But again Cheeseburger with curry fries? We indicated that there was an error. So this other waiter took a look at our order slip and replied that yeah, they were correct with that plate. We were like so puzzled? Didn’t the waiter look at what is on our table before indicating that? We had to spoon feed him that, the curry was already being served. He should serve the one with garlic & herbs. He looked really blur and took him like 5 seconds to realize what happened.
8.48pm – 5th main course served.
8.50pm – 4th main course recitified and served. No apology at all from any staff.
8.55pm – Requested for bill.
8.56pm – Credit card came back. Upon inspection, they charged 90.40 on their receipt, but 90.70 on their credit card bill. Highlighted to the waiter.
8.57pm – bill came back with 30 cents and an apology. Decide to inspect the receipt, 90 bucks for 5 main course and 5 drinks? Doesn’t sound right. Thought my first 2 friends ordered food before the rest of us reached. Apparently they didn’t, a breaded salmon ($13.90), nutella ($4.90). Highlighted to the waiter.
9.05pm – in charge came and apologise it was her fault and returned me the change? Err, aren’t you suppose to do a return on the credit card and by right bill me with the correct amount? Instead of giving me cash?
9.06pm – overheard the next table customer complaining why is she being served beef when she ordered pork. Heard she cant have beef out of religious beliefs. DAMNED! I think she overheard what happened to us and she decide to closely inspect her food.

Anyway this exact same experience has been sent to their managment team. i dont know if they will or will not reply to me.

these are the emails that i have send to and i would really appreciate them getting back to me either reading this 'experience feedback' or their emails.

Cheers
Bryan

Must Tries: Nothing fantastic, you can get better fries at Mcd or Carl Jr.

City1972
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by City1972 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:14 pm

i seldom eat at fancy places now - expensive, lousy service, lousy food, staff cant speak english... i only go to a few places where i'm a regular n the staff (or rather the boss) know me. :D

though carl's jr fries r good. :P

Jeunes
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by Jeunes » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:00 am

oh yeah. i love the skin on their fries.

Zero R
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by Zero R » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:46 am

wahhhhlaamak!! you make me hungry :drool: :lol:

findcotton
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by findcotton » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:19 am

oh my! sounds bad

da place looks nice from outside.

AlvinQuek
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by AlvinQuek » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:42 pm

i almost wanted to visit tat place .... think i will still with my all time fav Aston..hahaha

nfk_ricky
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by nfk_ricky » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:03 pm

i usually bring my family to botak jones + astons...prices are reasonable + good food! but not as high class lol