Unanswered topics Active topics

Recommend tire / tyre shine product

You like your car sparkling and clean? Here is where U can get tips
noelleon69
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by noelleon69 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:22 pm

Anybody have any recommendations for a product that can give tire/tyre long lasting shine/gloss?

A lot of the spray types found in car accessories shop don't last, spray like never spray like that. I tried turtlewax gel based which isn't bad maybe cos it is gel based. It comes in a circular and flat container, bottom is see through can see the clear gel while the cover on top has a sponge for you to dip into the gel to apply on the rubber. But I don't see this on the shelves anymore, maybe phased out.

Tried searching but don't seem to have a topic on this, I thought I remembered there was one before. Anyway any thoughts? I think gel based still the best?

dschia
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by dschia » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:40 pm

I heard that Tw has 2 durable tire dressing, 1 is the platinum tire gel that comes in a green bottle, the other is the normal TW tire dressing gel that comes in a black container simliarly like the amourall tire gel. The platinum series i heard has been discontinue as it does not has good sales, the original one not sure US still selling or not, but SG stop importing after some time also and i heard cos sales not so good in US.

If you looking for durability, go for the popular meg gold class endurance tire gel...

K1@
4000rpm
4000rpm

travelling in heavy rain

Post by K1@ » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:40 am

After trying many off the shelves products for tyres, now i use this only on my tyres and i love it. It really lasts but just to share what happened last week.

The tyre gel got washed off during a very heavy downpour when i was travelling to work. It was applied the night before when i washed my car. The aftermath cause the tyre walls to lose the shine totally but it still look faintly dark as if the product was applied for bout 8 days under normal weather conditions (less driving in heavy rain).

Meg GC endurance shine is still my fav tyre gel till now.

noelleon69
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by noelleon69 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:14 pm

Thanks guys. I think heavy rain can't expect much so I guess that's understandable.

Which of the 2 is it?

dschia
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by dschia » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:05 pm

Both should be the same, 1 is the dressing, the other is the kit. The endurance i refering to is the purple in colour gel. You should also get a applicator such as stiffer sponge to apply. Use rag or some old t-shirt to buff away those excess application. Then find a plastic bag or something to keep the bottle of gel and the applicator inside as it is oily. Before application, wash your tire thoroughly so that the gel can go on nicely.

goldclass.com.sg
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by goldclass.com.sg » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:50 pm

Meguiras Endurance is all times my fav. It really last me for weeks, even after a few downpours, it still give me a very clean matt look.
Below are some pics which I detailed for one of my customer;

Before

After

Tire Applicator
Taking Your Car Paintwork To The MAXIMUM POTENTIAL!

K1@
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by K1@ » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:21 pm

It's the purple gel and it has a fruity smell. :D
noelleon69 wrote:Thanks guys. I think heavy rain can't expect much so I guess that's understandable.

Which of the 2 is it?

noelleon69
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by noelleon69 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:17 pm

Ok gotcha... sounds like very good, will buy this when see it :D Appreciate the feedback :)

lfwd15
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by lfwd15 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:49 pm

noelleon69 wrote:Ok gotcha... sounds like very good, will buy this when see it :D Appreciate the feedback :)
yes, get it and you won't regret. I am using it too. Love the shine and the smell.

Enjoy... :)
Learning is a journey. There's never an end to it. ;)

noelleon69
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by noelleon69 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:25 am

lfwd15 wrote:
noelleon69 wrote:Ok gotcha... sounds like very good, will buy this when see it :D Appreciate the feedback :)
yes, get it and you won't regret. I am using it too. Love the shine and the smell.

Enjoy... :)
Hehe... thanks... will try this as soon as my current one finishes. I happen to see 2 packaging of the same product at homefix and at different prices. Both same bottle, size and purple gel just different label. Wonder what's up with that. :?

On another note, don't understand Meguiar's... tire shine product also have different range and description about the same and never state which is better than the other. Other than Gold Class they also have Hot Shine and NXT (no gel). :shock:

ydnaR
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by ydnaR » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:18 pm

I am also using the Megs Enduro. But i believe it best applied on clean tires, as in scrub with an APC.

If not there will be brown stains due to its solvent based characteristics like the Megs All Season Dressing iirc.

Also let it dry if not the sling is quite bad.

I have also tried Megs Hyperdressing which is water based, able to give a nice shine if diluted correctly, and i dont mean those malaysia tire shine's shine. :D
Its good to live in a place where mainstream products are worth the dough.

The JDM gods blessed the minority.