Unanswered topics Active topics

Car Problem: Engine Revving While Car Stationary - Pls Help!

Fit / Jazz model year 2002 - 2007
soojin

Car Problem: Engine Revving While Car Stationary - Pls Help!

Post by soojin » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:47 pm

I have a 2+ year Honda Jazz which was serviced (40k) about a month plus back. I have been overseas for a week and on my return, the car started acting up. When I stop at traffic lights with the brake pedal applied, the car seems to rev up and down on its own, usually over the rpm indicator around or above 1. This continued even when I released the brake pedal and put the car into the park mode with handbrakes applied.

Is this normal? I know I haven't been driving for a week but I don't remember such distinct revving sounds when the car is stationary.

Oh, and about 2 weeks ago, my battery somehow discharged on its own and I had to get the AA guy to jumpstart the car. Not sure if related, but thought I highlight it too.

Anyone can help? The car still moves, but I'm not sure if I should send it in for a check. It would be highly inconvenient so I'm half hoping that the problem will go away on its own.

Please advise.

dilemma
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by dilemma » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:38 pm

2 years + and only 40k? did u bought the car 2nd hand?

danieloysius
1000rpm
1000rpm

Possibly an intake problem

Post by danieloysius » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:55 pm

First question. Did u install a vacuum gauge or any mods that tap of the intake manifold ? If yes. Check the connections. Might be loose somewhere. When the engine sucks in excess air. It confuses the o2 sensor. And causes the engine to rev accordingly.

Second question. Did u mod the throttle body in any way ? If yes. Check that. If not. Your IACV might be faulty. Thats gonna cost u. But small problem.