Unanswered topics Active topics

Why City?

The second home of www.cityzen.sg
munkypunky

Why City?

Post by munkypunky » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:38 pm

Hi all,
I just book a City MT for $67k

Told my colleagues and they all think its not value for money. :?
They say that for almost the same price, might as well get a Japan made Altis.

I know its too late (since I already book), but just wondering what it is that made you all choose City over other cars. Just curious. And hopefully make me feel better about it as well. :roll:

itsec
5000rpm
5000rpm

Re: Why City?

Post by itsec » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:33 pm

munkypunky wrote:Hi all,

I know its too late (since I already book), but just wondering what it is that made you all choose City over other cars. Just curious. And hopefully make me feel better about it as well. :roll:
then upgrade to fd lor... if u regret...

IMHO: dont own it if u gonna regret it

FYI: altis is thai made also.. unless u talking about axio or allion...

prostcode
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by prostcode » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:09 pm

don't listen to them. city is good also. they only make u have buyer's remorse. don't worry lah bro. just enjoy ur city. city is one of the under-rated cars u know!

1992 Honda Civic Si (EG5)
1996 Honda Civic SiR (EK4)
2007 Subaru Impreza WRX (GDA)

Chondro
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by Chondro » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:23 am

Yah, dun listen to those ah peks lah...hahaha
Comparison looks and performance, city is better than altis.
Why buy a thailand taxi? (shoots, hope altis owners dun see this... :P )

Mach
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by Mach » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:27 am

Becos Altis has not Vtec engine nor paddle shift for driving pleasure. Throw both into corners and Altis tires will scream and beg for mercy. City begs for more! 8)

munkypunky

Post by munkypunky » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:25 pm

itsec wrote:then upgrade to fd lor... if u regret...
Urmmm... what's fd? :think:
IMHO: dont own it if u gonna regret it
FYI: altis is thai made also.. unless u talking about axio or allion...
Oh.. i didnt know it's thai made. think one point they made was that altis is 1.6L, hence its more worth it for that range of price.
don't listen to them. city is good also. they only make u have buyer's remorse. don't worry lah bro. just enjoy ur city. city is one of the under-rated cars u know!
Yes, you are right, i am having some buyer's remorse. :(
and no, you are wrong. me aint a bro. :wink:
Yah, dun listen to those ah peks lah...hahaha
Comparison looks and performance, city is better than altis.
hee hee.. it's true. they are ah peks. one drives an altis another drives a sunny. very ahpek types. :lol: During lunch, kana pour cold water when I told them my decision to buy City.
Becos Altis has not Vtec engine nor paddle shift for driving pleasure.
What's a paddle shift? Is it included in CT Manual?

itsec
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by itsec » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:11 pm

manual no peddal shift...

It shouldnt bother u about the engine capacity...
based on the spec, u will know which one has the higher efficiency...
:lol:

To curb your doubts, ask the bro out here...and let u drive awhile or sit as a passenger... maybe u see their modded drive, u will change ur mind again...

i sure they will be gender to you.. :lol:

Quite a no. of them who own City.. always kena 'suan' lah.. me also... y not FD4?? ahahaaa
y thai made?? y buy a odd shape buttock? y dont u choose other brand??

Despite being on the road for 18 months, and a model cahnge City (supposely the new model had better looks) i dont see many City... due to those questions above...

Just buy with your heart... if not, better call up your SE..and get a FD instead...

isvtec
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by isvtec » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:42 pm

Buying a car is not a matter lightly taken. Since you had chossen a CITY, why don't you tell us what made you to sign it? Each individual is unique, so our satisafaction might not be applicable to you. :wink:

taycityvtec
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by taycityvtec » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:52 pm

Ya why u sign ???

Think U hv test drv other... n hd decide on city. :supz:

welcome to city.

for me no regret.

for more info joint cityzen.

Peregrine
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by Peregrine » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:37 pm

When we have booked a big ticket item like a car (at least in Singapore) or a huge one like a house, it is not unusual to have post-purchase dissonance. I think you happened to be more affected by it than most people because the comments came from your colleagues who you see regularly.

Ideally before we buy a car we short list by studying specifications & prices & terms & conditions, view it at showroom, sit in it (not just in driver's seat) & test drives them. Also ask opinion of friends who own/drive them before deciding which model & variant and colour.

Since you have signed on the dotted line, you might as well decide to like your choice regardless of the opinions & views of others (even if they may be partially right about "value for money") otherwise you would feel unhappy.

I own a FD Civic but I think the design of the current City is quite nice with several unique & functional features.

When I was seeking to replace my almost 5 year old Corolla, I was looking for reliability, fairly good fuel economy and good design & functional features within my budget. Somehow I am biased towards Toyota & Honda.

Then I have to figure out whether to book 1.6L , 1.8L or 2.0L Auto & which colour. After studying a while I test drove the last two and decided on 1.8L as I do not need the extra horsepower (though there are some features I liked in the 2.0L at some $3K to $4K more). I booked immediately after COE fell by half from $12k when price was reduced by only $1,500 and got $14.5K COE.

For colour I decide with my wife that the interior should not be all black. So Blue was out. Red was too "loud" and we chose Beige Metallic over Grey. If I purchase based on popular opinions I would have to chose Black (too hot in the sun for me) or White (cool, but too difficult for me to keep clean). We like the elegant colour (even though some may think "ah pek") which is easy to maintain and also not common.

We are very happy with our choice regardless of the different opinions of friends & colleagues. After all we, not they, are the ones to see & ride in that car we have chosen. What's is important is to maintain our car well & drive safely & defensive so as not to be involved in any accident.

So may I encourage you to like your choice and enjoy the friendship & sharing of the many City bros & sis in this and relevant car forums. :wink:

crayz

Post by crayz » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:52 pm

Mach wrote:

Becos Altis has not Vtec engine nor paddle shift for driving pleasure. Throw both into corners and Altis tires will scream and beg for mercy. City begs for more! 8)
yea bro,salute to city cornering prowess 8)

Jevin
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by Jevin » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:23 am

cause City got manual compare to altis lo... looks wise City will be better ma.. power wise... city better also... the gear shifting in the new city is smooth... passenger who nv notice tot i drive an auto city.. u will like it la.... welcome to our city family...

SHG CITY
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by SHG CITY » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:32 am

Honda commands more respect. This is what I strongly think. There is alot more engineering contributed from Honda than other Japanese makers. What you paid is worth every cent in Branding, Engineering, Reliability & Power Efficiency!

So in a similar way, Honda owners are also respected for their sharper minds, intincts.. & of course their Kap Corner skills (haha).
Fast but not Furious

itsec
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by itsec » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:44 pm

SHG CITY wrote:Honda commands more respect. This is what I strongly think. There is alot more engineering contributed from Honda than other Japanese makers. What you paid is worth every cent in Branding, Engineering, Reliability & Power Efficiency!

So in a similar way, Honda owners are also respected for their sharper minds, intincts.. & of course their Kap Corner skills (haha).
just a friendly advise.. City has high CG, just like the older version.. cannot anyhow kap corner.. if u really wan to play corner, make sure u do enough research.. dunno just ask..not sure just trial it, sit on other City's ride..... before u really kap corner...

i dont wish to see city turn turtle, appearing in newspaper or stomp...

Cheers :wink:

samcity
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by samcity » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:44 pm

like the rest of the bros here said, mayb ur collegues like the uncle types of looks b it its interior or exterior. if u r those sporty types of lady, i b lieve u had make a right choice. when it coms 2 performance, city nv fails u cos of the vtec it roar out 2 u when u in a rush. when it come to classy or sporty looks, it make u have pride depends wat dressing u make over for it. as for the FC, it depends how ur right leg push down the accerelerator.
in my own point of views, since u buy it, it muz hav attract u at the 1st point of view if not how ur signature will end at the dotted line rite. we live life to the fullest n once done no use cryin over spilled milk. believe me, once u collect ur car, bring ur collegues for a ride in it n let them koe y u make tis choice :) look at their expression n u will koe who had make the wrong statement :)

btw visit us at cityzen.com.sg n u will had tons of info from A-Z fr all walks of ppl who own citys like u or previously own citys but still livin in the shadow of it. see u ard soon n take care :D