radio signal + aircon damp smell

Home Of The Accordians
lfwd15
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by lfwd15 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:44 pm

diablocivic55 wrote:
kobane wrote:
diablocivic55 wrote:sry to highjack ur post ya mr TS.

Any guys here know wht is the auto display on the radio console for?
can tat be switch off? I mean auto tat dispaly beside the air con temp.
from what i know, it simply means the aircon is in auto mode.

it regulates the aircon compressor depending on your cabin temp.

you should notice that in a hot day, it actually blasts quite high the moment you switch it on.

after awhile, it lowers to the normal fan speed. :D
ya tat is when u press the auto buttom right? when u depress tat buttom than the display will show FULLY AUTO. When u switch it off than it show only AUTO. So how to off tat AUTO? I found out tat my air con not so cold afterawhile..
If I'm not wrong, the full auto means it will regulate even the leg area. if you want, you can just press the up fan speed and that will on the aircon. Another way is to press the aircon mode till the arrow is pointing towards the head icon. that should do the trick.

Hope this helps...
Learning is a journey. There's never an end to it. ;)

kobane
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by kobane » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:59 pm

lfwd15 wrote:If I'm not wrong, the full auto means it will regulate even the leg area. if you want, you can just press the up fan speed and that will on the aircon. Another way is to press the aircon mode till the arrow is pointing towards the head icon. that should do the trick.

Hope this helps...
tao-chiu.

you seebey knowledgeable.

wahahahaa.

lfwd15
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by lfwd15 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:24 pm

kobane wrote:
lfwd15 wrote:If I'm not wrong, the full auto means it will regulate even the leg area. if you want, you can just press the up fan speed and that will on the aircon. Another way is to press the aircon mode till the arrow is pointing towards the head icon. that should do the trick.

Hope this helps...
tao-chiu.

you seebey knowledgeable.

wahahahaa.
No la... thanks to constant reading and the seniors who share in the forum. If not i oso half past six, also blur like sotong...

snowshake
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by snowshake » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:44 am

so the sequence prior to shutdown would be... :-

- park car

- press "A/C" button off to cut aircon compressor (any timeframe before going to the next step?)

- press "OFF" button (i always do this though)
kobane,

for me.. when i enter the carpark.. i will press 'a/c' button off to cut aircon compressor... remember, your car will still be cool during the time u enter the car park and parked the car.

btw, guys, never use the auto key to turn on the car aircon. try using arrow key to turn on aircon..

this will probably help to prolong the life.
xue

scratchyz
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

aircon

Post by scratchyz » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:48 am

btw just to check with you gys..where can i go to get the hepa aircon filter and get it fixed?? think its time for me to change as it has not been changed for more than a year..

lfwd15
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Re: aircon

Post by lfwd15 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:21 pm

scratchyz wrote:btw just to check with you gys..where can i go to get the hepa aircon filter and get it fixed?? think its time for me to change as it has not been changed for more than a year..
Oh Jim...bo..... :lol: :lol:

hifi1
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by hifi1 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:31 pm

lfwd15 wrote:
scratchyz wrote:btw just to check with you gys..where can i go to get the hepa aircon filter and get it fixed?? think its time for me to change as it has not been changed for more than a year..
To be more exact...pm bro jimbo :lol: :lol:
Why everything I like I cannot afford and LTA cannot passed?

ml2spin
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by ml2spin » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:32 pm

hifi1 wrote:
lfwd15 wrote:
To be more exact...pm bro jimbo :lol: :lol:
On the CTR forum, he's known as rambo!!
ImageImageImage

kobane
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by kobane » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:57 pm

snowshake wrote:kobane,

for me.. when i enter the carpark.. i will press 'a/c' button off to cut aircon compressor... remember, your car will still be cool during the time u enter the car park and parked the car.

btw, guys, never use the auto key to turn on the car aircon. try using arrow key to turn on aircon..

thank you snowshake.

will tryda remember to cut off compressor when entering car park.

hopefully it helps.

Redplanet
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by Redplanet » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:07 pm

snowshake wrote:
so the sequence prior to shutdown would be... :-

- park car

- press "A/C" button off to cut aircon compressor (any timeframe before going to the next step?)

- press "OFF" button (i always do this though)
kobane,

Care to explain why it's not good to use the auto key to turn on the AC? That's what I'm doing...Blower turns on after engine starts, after driving for a short distance then i press the Auto button to turn on the AC compressor.

Redplanet
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Re: radio signal + aircon damp smell

Post by Redplanet » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:16 pm

kobane wrote:is there a way to boost up our FM radio signal?

the stock integrated receiver wasn't that clear. after changing to an aftermarket alpine, i realized it did get better but still got some occasional blind spots here and there. maybe the fact that it's using an internal antenna? i'm comparing the signal to my previous ride (a lancer) as it has an external antenna.

each time i hit highway, when i picked up speed to 80-100kmh, i start to get the aircon damp smell. is that normal?

i havnt changed the aircon filter. yet. :roll:

funny that i got this aircon damp smell problem with my previous ride too :cry: :cry:

start car before moving off switch on aircon. before switching off ignition switch off aircon. still end up have this problem. :(
your accord jdm model?

the built in radio sucks, bad reception, offset frequency
the cd player sucks, 1 cd only, skips when it's bumpy on the road, unable to read cd-rw.

Haiz, dunno what to do with it...miss my old civic's stock 6 cd player....

AS for your AC, after changing your filter, get an ioniser to freshen up the cabin. Quite good.

zolidlim
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by zolidlim » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:10 pm

there is aftermarket antenna (like Bosch brand) you can install but looks kinda messy though to me.

As for the aircon smell, just change yr aircon filter with charcoal and see if it works. Asia generally is humid, tends to have this...
one of the keys to happiness is driving a HONDA...

Jimbotan
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by Jimbotan » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:21 pm

lfwd15 wrote:
Looking for me? :lol: :lol: :lol:

9 7 5 2 8 0 0 Five :wink:
My car is fast....... But I am slow :wink:

freddytankg
1000rpm
1000rpm

Aircon smell in my Civic

Post by freddytankg » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:16 pm

Hi fellow Honda owners, many thanks for all the advice in the forum.

I've got a Civic 1.8 (bought last year) and have been having this problem of 'sng sng' aircon smell every morning when i turn it on.

After reading your posts, i contacted Mark Cool and they ask me if i have a filter in the car...eh sorry for asking a dumb question but i don't know if i have one so can you advise how to see if i have an aircon filter in my Civic?

Many thanks and appreciate much!

lfwd15
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Re: Aircon smell in my Civic

Post by lfwd15 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:39 pm

freddytankg wrote:Hi fellow Honda owners, many thanks for all the advice in the forum.

I've got a Civic 1.8 (bought last year) and have been having this problem of 'sng sng' aircon smell every morning when i turn it on.

After reading your posts, i contacted Mark Cool and they ask me if i have a filter in the car...eh sorry for asking a dumb question but i don't know if i have one so can you advise how to see if i have an aircon filter in my Civic?

Many thanks and appreciate much!
Most likely it's behind the glove compartment.