Unanswered topics Active topics

radio signal + aircon damp smell

Home Of The Accordians
User avatar
kobane
5000rpm
5000rpm
Posts: 280
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:39 am

radio signal + aircon damp smell

Post by kobane » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:55 pm

is there a way to boost up our FM radio signal?

the stock integrated receiver wasn't that clear. after changing to an aftermarket alpine, i realized it did get better but still got some occasional blind spots here and there. maybe the fact that it's using an internal antenna? i'm comparing the signal to my previous ride (a lancer) as it has an external antenna.

each time i hit highway, when i picked up speed to 80-100kmh, i start to get the aircon damp smell. is that normal?

i havnt changed the aircon filter. yet. :roll:

funny that i got this aircon damp smell problem with my previous ride too :cry: :cry:

start car before moving off switch on aircon. before switching off ignition switch off aircon. still end up have this problem. :(

User avatar
Gingerfish
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON
Posts: 352
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:41 pm
Location: WTCC

Post by Gingerfish » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:28 pm

Bro, i think yr aircon needs servicing and filter change, i have this weird smell before even though i change to charcoal filter but after oilchange and feon topup, no more weird smell.....

Gymrat76
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON
Posts: 377
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 12:33 am

Post by Gymrat76 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:30 am

the radio reception is really awful... thinking of installing external antenna liao

User avatar
kobane
5000rpm
5000rpm
Posts: 280
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:39 am

Post by kobane » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:38 am

Gingerfish wrote:Bro, i think yr aircon needs servicing and filter change, i have this weird smell before even though i change to charcoal filter but after oilchange and feon topup, no more weird smell.....
where did you send your ride for aircon servicing?

charges would be... ?

User avatar
snowshake
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON
Posts: 724
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:30 pm
Location: Neverland

Post by snowshake » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:07 am

Try pressing the A/C button to trigger cold air off before you actually park your car and switch 'OFF' the aircon totally. It works for many of us.
xue
Image

User avatar
kobane
5000rpm
5000rpm
Posts: 280
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:39 am

Post by kobane » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:34 am

snowshake wrote:Try pressing the A/C button to trigger cold air off before you actually park your car and switch 'OFF' the aircon totally. It works for many of us.
so the sequence prior to shutdown would be... :-


- park car

- press "A/C" button off to cut aircon compressor (any timeframe before going to the next step?)

- press "OFF" button (i always do this though)

lfwd15
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line
Posts: 1342
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:58 pm
Location: next to Pinevale

Post by lfwd15 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:57 pm

kobane wrote:
snowshake wrote:Try pressing the A/C button to trigger cold air off before you actually park your car and switch 'OFF' the aircon totally. It works for many of us.
so the sequence prior to shutdown would be... :-


- park car

- press "A/C" button off to cut aircon compressor (any timeframe before going to the next step?)

- press "OFF" button (i always do this though)
A few methods you can try...
1. Send it to Mark Cool at woodlands there. Apparently they do nothing else but aircon so I guess they are pretty much an expert in that field.
This info i search in the forum.

2. Once a while, upon entering the MSCP or car park, set the aircon to the highest temp. Let it blast for like 5mins or so... This will help to kill off the damp smell. If one can tahan the sauna, then it prob help one to perspire and shed off a few pounds... :P

3. Prior to reversing into car park lot, press the A/C to OFF and upon completion of parking, off the A/C completely. This is my practise.

4. Change the aircon filter. This is found behind the glove compartment. Pretty easy to replace. Abt 5min job or less. I usually change it every 10,000km, though the box says every 6mths. Depends on one's usage la...

Hope this helps... 8)
Learning is a journey. There's never an end to it. ;)

weaver87
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON
Posts: 627
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:12 am
Location: Where u find rides....

Post by weaver87 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:32 pm

Yes, try mark cool in woodland....they r specialise in air con only....used to consult their service...and IMO, they r reasonably priced....cheers!

User avatar
deanlim
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Posts: 2768
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2004 5:30 pm
Location: Singapore

Post by deanlim » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:19 pm

kobane wrote:
snowshake wrote:Try pressing the A/C button to trigger cold air off before you actually park your car and switch 'OFF' the aircon totally. It works for many of us.
so the sequence prior to shutdown would be... :-


- park car

- press "A/C" button off to cut aircon compressor (any timeframe before going to the next step?)

- press "OFF" button (i always do this though)
just to check, if the fan speed goes max if A/C is on? if i just use the fan speed controls to ON, does that means that A/C is not ON ,regardless of what preset temp?

regards

User avatar
J.Light
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON
Posts: 529
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:24 am

Post by J.Light » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:54 pm

I'm also another customer of Markcool... thanks to one of my "darlings" reccommendation here in the forum. :wink:

User avatar
MrMurderman
10 000rpm Over Rev
10 000rpm Over Rev
Posts: 6739
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:00 pm
Location: Singapore (CCK)

Post by MrMurderman » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:24 pm

J.Light wrote:I'm also another customer of Markcool... thanks to one of my "darlings" reccommendation here in the forum. :wink:
:axe: :axe:
whois your daddy!! :twisted: opps! i mean whois your darling... hehe

:lol: :lol:
殺很大!ï¼

diablocivic55
5000rpm
5000rpm
Posts: 170
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:54 pm
Location: sembawang

Post by diablocivic55 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:52 pm

sry to highjack ur post ya mr TS.

Any guys here know wht is the auto display on the radio console for?
can tat be switch off? I mean auto tat dispaly beside the air con temp.

User avatar
kobane
5000rpm
5000rpm
Posts: 280
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:39 am

Post by kobane » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:25 pm

diablocivic55 wrote:sry to highjack ur post ya mr TS.

Any guys here know wht is the auto display on the radio console for?
can tat be switch off? I mean auto tat dispaly beside the air con temp.
from what i know, it simply means the aircon is in auto mode.

it regulates the aircon compressor depending on your cabin temp.

you should notice that in a hot day, it actually blasts quite high the moment you switch it on.

after awhile, it lowers to the normal fan speed. :D

diablocivic55
5000rpm
5000rpm
Posts: 170
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:54 pm
Location: sembawang

Post by diablocivic55 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:34 pm

kobane wrote:
diablocivic55 wrote:sry to highjack ur post ya mr TS.

Any guys here know wht is the auto display on the radio console for?
can tat be switch off? I mean auto tat dispaly beside the air con temp.
from what i know, it simply means the aircon is in auto mode.

it regulates the aircon compressor depending on your cabin temp.

you should notice that in a hot day, it actually blasts quite high the moment you switch it on.

after awhile, it lowers to the normal fan speed. :D
ya tat is when u press the auto buttom right? when u depress tat buttom than the display will show FULLY AUTO. When u switch it off than it show only AUTO. So how to off tat AUTO? I found out tat my air con not so cold afterawhile..

yan1261
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON
Posts: 1246
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:33 am

Post by yan1261 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:36 pm

diablocivic55 wrote:
kobane wrote:
diablocivic55 wrote:sry to highjack ur post ya mr TS.

Any guys here know wht is the auto display on the radio console for?
can tat be switch off? I mean auto tat dispaly beside the air con temp.
from what i know, it simply means the aircon is in auto mode.

it regulates the aircon compressor depending on your cabin temp.

you should notice that in a hot day, it actually blasts quite high the moment you switch it on.

after awhile, it lowers to the normal fan speed. :D
Coolant and / or servicing ?



ya tat is when u press the auto buttom right? when u depress tat buttom than the display will show FULLY AUTO. When u switch it off than it show only AUTO. So how to off tat AUTO? I found out tat my air con not so cold afterawhile..
3333

Post Reply