Unanswered topics Active topics

Lousy Driving Instructor

For discussion on jokes, anecdotes, inspiring stories, news or anything under the sky
whiteac
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by whiteac » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:37 pm

I remember few years back, my instructor kept saying i will fail my test on the very day i taking the test just because i took only a few lesson from him....but i show him my past slip in his face...haha!
Regards,
Ken
Get Paid To Read Emails. Free To Join Now!
http://www.emailcashpro.com/?r=kentan76

Alvinyzw
10 000rpm Over Rev
10 000rpm Over Rev

Post by Alvinyzw » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:46 pm

ivant9029 wrote:
Alvinyzw wrote:Ivan is the best drivin instructor. Anything can find him in SSDC. :lol:
don sibo me ok........ 8)
:lol:

craver
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by craver » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:51 pm

No one born to naturally know everything even in school dun our teacher screw us also unless you not our generation teacher dun dare to scold you afraid complain from parent to MOE.....

come on if you wan ppl sanyang you he may indirectly create a GOODU by release you to the real world and endanger us......

U wan ppl sanyang you by all means go to private their attitude is slightly better than center since they are their own boss you pay their rice bowl .

Give u a break then who give us a break everyday so many P plate goodu drive like they own the road sometime i wonder what is the center teaching them men..... no offence.

Dove wrote:Whoa..

Is there anyone who was born knowing how to drive?

I am just a normal person who wish to pick up driving. Of course, in the course of learning, I would also appreciate if the instructor could be patient and helpful, not pass snide remarks and display signs of impatience, esp. not on my 2nd lesson! I'm definitely not well versed enough to handle a car, let alone recognise that it's steering wheel was mis-aligned and it's clutch more sensitive than others (the instructor said so).

So cut me some slack, please?

I also agree on the point that we are paying their salary, so is it too much to expect some decent teaching?

To be honest, I had hoped that I could get more out of this column.. and not get it left right front back and center.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

ivant9029
10 000rpm Over Rev
10 000rpm Over Rev

Post by ivant9029 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:13 pm

craver wrote:No one born to naturally know everything even in school dun our teacher screw us also unless you not our generation teacher dun dare to scold you afraid complain from parent to MOE.....

come on if you wan ppl sanyang you he may indirectly create a GOODU by release you to the real world and endanger us......

U wan ppl sanyang you by all means go to private their attitude is slightly better than center since they are their own boss you pay their rice bowl .

Give u a break then who give us a break everyday so many P plate goodu drive like they own the road sometime i wonder what is the center teaching them men..... no offence.
Agreed,,,, 8)

I am just a normal person who wish to pick up driving. Of course, in the course of learning, I would also appreciate if the instructor could be patient and helpful, not pass snide remarks and display signs of impatience, esp. not on my 2nd lesson! I'm definitely not well versed enough to handle a car, let alone recognise that it's steering wheel was mis-aligned and it's clutch more sensitive than others (the instructor said so).

I also agree on the point that we are paying their salary, so is it too much to expect some decent teaching?

To be honest, I had hoped that I could get more out of this column.. and not get it left right front back and center.

wpyeo
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by wpyeo » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:32 pm

craver wrote:No one born to naturally know everything even in school dun our teacher screw us also unless you not our generation teacher dun dare to scold you afraid complain from parent to MOE.....

maybe issit becoz alot rich spoilt brats had gone to private instructors for coaching, and recv top notch service treatment that they cannot handle the real ugly world outside? :roll:
ImageImage

ymmij
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by ymmij » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:00 pm

in my humble opinion, no doubt the instructor should be real and correct the mistakes made, he could have done it in a proper manner, or maybe more professional and polite. (actually he did but maybe tone not so nice only)

he could still get the message across by not been too hash (unless of course if the goondu student keep making the same mistakes)

different instructor has different style and that suits different people.

guys, putting yourselves into ts shoes, wouldn't you get pissed off if the instructor instead of teaching you properly, scolded you for the mistakes made, taking into account it is ts second lesson only.

and ts, different learn to accept people's comments and opinions, especially if you actually asked for them.

you created an account here just to "share" your experience?

craver
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by craver » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:11 am

Hmm that depend on your own attitude to be frank I first started, I got screw from all over ..... but having the attitude I'm here to learn and bearing in my mind ppl dun screw you for nothing if you really do it right in the first place........ back in the early 90s when driving center started where got so good let you choose who the instructor all random one.

Putting it as another situation we all have to serve NS our cock officer also give us hell and screw us for nothing do we complain here and ask for change of company coy or unit??? or we just hope for a better attitude in mind learn n fark off..... we might pass our days better and hope to learn something in the process and may or may not be using in future.........

To be frank most of the old bird might have their driving exp even longer than me I'm sure they get hell worse than mine........ but they still swallow it and sometime come to think of it they do benefit from the screwing ......

No pain No gain ......

ymmij wrote:in my humble opinion, no doubt the instructor should be real and correct the mistakes made, he could have done it in a proper manner, or maybe more professional and polite. (actually he did but maybe tone not so nice only)

he could still get the message across by not been too hash (unless of course if the goondu student keep making the same mistakes)

different instructor has different style and that suits different people.

guys, putting yourselves into ts shoes, wouldn't you get pissed off if the instructor instead of teaching you properly, scolded you for the mistakes made, taking into account it is ts second lesson only.

and ts, different learn to accept people's comments and opinions, especially if you actually asked for them.

you created an account here just to "share" your experience?

FD-Chris
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by FD-Chris » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:34 am

Bro, you are getting it from left right center up down left right because you really need to wake up your idea! No one is born to know how to drive but a good driver is trained through experiences, constant practice and from the driving instructors.

Have you served NS before? If yes, you must be a loser. A bit of comments you can't take it how can you ever be a good driver. Singapore accident rate is going up everyday because alot of people like you, during Learning stage unable to accept comments, anything complain the instructor complain the tester, so even when they get their licence, they didn't get the real driving skills. As throughout all scared of complaints so end up the driver only go through motion, go through process for the sake of going through, but they know nothing about the culture of driving on the roads.

When i learned my driving last time, i'm a slow learner too, & i get alot of scoldings alot of ugly comments from instructors too. & i learned from a driving school also. But in the end, if not for their comments, i wouldn't have realise my mistakes & motivate myself to drive better. & i manage pass the drivng test in my 1st attempt with just 2 points. After that i even went to thank the instructor who scold me the most, if not for his ugly comments, i would never make it.

In this modern era, people like to complain everything. Even kids in school also complain the teachers. Not say a driving school, instructors kenna complain by trainees. Because complain is so easy now, just 1 email does the job.

A child will grow up to be a good man when the school teacher discipline him well. A learner driver will become a good qualified driver when the instructor train him well. If people keeps complaining, a teacher will never be able to produce a good student because they are restricted by complaints.

Bro, i hope you understand this, we are not bombing you left right centre. We just want you to understand that in the process of learning to drive, this is just part & parcel of it. No instructors are lousy, they can be our instructor for a reason. As from what i learned to be an instructor is not easy, have to go through very strict testing by traffic police most senior testers. Its just that everyone level of tolerance is different. If you find the instructor is impatient, this means that you are lousy. If you can drive well the instructor wouldn't be impatient at all. & if you find the instructor is patient, its just that his tolerance level is higher.

Its only your beginning bro! & yet you are starting to complain instructors, how can you ever be a good driver? When the instructor gives you their frank comments, its for your own good, learn from it, make yourself wake up & drive even better next time. As for the different different cars wise, don't complain. My instructor once told me.. A good driver will adapt to any car & get it moving as smooth as possible, not just complain this complain that, because as a qualified driver next time, you have to be able to drive any cars on the road, then thats call a qualified driver. He said this to me because i like to complain his car is lousy too. But i find he is right, when i pass already, i was able to adapt to any car i drive, because the driving school let us drive different car for different lessons.

So bro, forget about fixing instructor or get private instructor, when you do something wrong, you will still get it. Its just how nice or how bad the person put it to you thats all. If you keep hearing nice comments, you will never learn properly. Sometimes it has to be through the hard way then you will be a better man a better driver. Just like how NS would train a man to be more discipline more sensible. Learn from the different different instructors, then you learn even more things, because eveyone got their own experiences to share, own unique way of teachings. Combine all of them together this will make your skills even stronger.

Don't take it too hard bro, i'm just giving you my frank comments. Happy Learning at CDC! They have the highest passing rate in singapore, & this must have been done for a reason. Strict instructor always produces good driver. Forget about hearing nice nice comments, hear the real comments, be it nice or harsh, accept it & you will learn to be better.

A good driving skills is acheived through constant practice & learning from experiences & correcting own mistakes.

SGTHAL
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by SGTHAL » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:44 pm

too much of class 95 so need to have selective hearing :D

wpyeo
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by wpyeo » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:58 pm

SGTHAL wrote:too much of class 95 so need to have selective hearing :D
it will make things worse coz he will never learn if he filters out the bad and keep the good... threadstarter must really change his altitude else he wont learn anything...
ImageImage

ivant9029
10 000rpm Over Rev
10 000rpm Over Rev

Post by ivant9029 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:01 pm

wpyeo wrote:
SGTHAL wrote:too much of class 95 so need to have selective hearing :D
it will make things worse coz he will never learn if he filters out the bad and keep the good... threadstarter must really change his altitude else he wont learn anything...
Agreed and as i had mentioned earlier...he must change his attitude :x

FD-Chris
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by FD-Chris » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:40 pm

Yes man... Time to wake up his idea. Be an obedient student & lots of knowledge & skills will be coming.

ivant9029
10 000rpm Over Rev
10 000rpm Over Rev

Post by ivant9029 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:52 pm

FD-Chris wrote:Yes man... Time to wake up his idea. Be an obedient student & lots of knowledge & skills will be coming.
guess the pigeon fly far far away.... :lol:

Alvinyzw
10 000rpm Over Rev
10 000rpm Over Rev

Post by Alvinyzw » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:28 pm

ivant9029 wrote:
FD-Chris wrote:Yes man... Time to wake up his idea. Be an obedient student & lots of knowledge & skills will be coming.
guess the pigeon fly far far away.... :lol:
I think he dun wan to drive already. :lol:

galant_mod
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by galant_mod » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:13 pm

[quote="craver"]No one born to naturally know everything even in school dun our teacher screw us also unless you not our generation teacher dun dare to scold you afraid complain from parent to MOE.....

ehh..i think not necessary wor..my private insructor also got scold me de..+ can sleep +my dad's friend somemore...HAhaz..when he sleep right..i just take the opportunity to imagine and drive alone lo and familiarize with the road.. Aiya, at the end of the day is the instructor's mood de...to TS, u dont expect everyone to have good day right even though he is in somewhat in e service line..try to take things easy.. scold only not KNN CCB comeout right??my eldest sis tio laggy jialat..my dad all e knnCB comeout de lor..my sis that time want to stop car dont want learn le..but still lan lan learn.

my instructor i more sian...inside circuit reach end of junction somemore i must ask him turn left, right or go straight...faintzzz.. public road sometime like to talk to me alot make me hard to concentrate on road..i also use this to train how to multitask lo.. got 1 time he hungry.. den i drive bring he go eat...lucky he treat..heheh..

so sometime i drive he slp better...my dad last time cdc pte instructor also... he taught my sis driving...super kiasu...40+ lessons = 80 over hours from bedok to woodlands small road all e way..den few years back my dad tio stroke cannnot teach me le...my siblings including me and my 2 other sisters also first time pass all private instructors...To TS, if u wana find pte instructor at CDC can find one name alan even though he nv teach me b4..he quite friendly de...HEHE..that time i pass le..i got no money netts to pay for the licence he come up help me pay..my instructor name anthony...everyone pls siam him hor...his car very cui and nv take care of car one(honda city old de) +face sometime machiam guan teh like that..his appt card anyhow calculate de..i can pass with $650 but he still take 500+ from my dad..dunno y.

anyway i wana give some tips for driving p plate and driving test
p-plate...try to remember ur mistakes..take a note at e end of each lesson and write on a piece of note...nxt lesson dont make e same mistakes lo

driving test: try to take e timing no bus lane ..1015 always e best recommended by my dad...if dont have then try ur best le...mine is 8+ that time..alot of cars sia + slight drizzling..
and dont look so stupid infront of e tester.look cool? show some confident helps..wear nicer...dont wear singlet, shorts and slippers..i know some ppl pass with tt attire la..but afew only...u dont wear that to an interview right.. keep calm(eat a sweet will help)
if not sure of tester's instructions ask to double confirm...and most importantly..ur attitude of tester who like to fail ppl must change...testers also wish to pass you provided u know how to drive + SHOW that ur a Safety driver..you have to somehow proof that la...like check mirrors and turn head..must turn obvious also..if not e tester cannot see de. b4 test..pray to ur wadeva religion gods...HAHAHAZ