Unanswered topics Active topics

Lousy Driving Instructor

For discussion on jokes, anecdotes, inspiring stories, news or anything under the sky
Dove

Lousy Driving Instructor

Post by Dove » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:52 am

Big Hello to all SHC members!

I have been following your forums for quite sometime (which have been interesting and hilarious at times), since I intend to get a Fit when I get my license. I am also befuddled with how come I am so besotted with a car even before getting my license! :lol:

I am actually just beginning my driving lessons (today marks lesson 2) :P .

I am a CDC Student, which I really regret now because when the "wind" hit me to pick up driving, I booked and paid for 20 lessons in 1 shot.

My 1st lesson was really enjoyable, my instructor (Desmond Nge - Car 170) was easy to talk to, quick to correct any mistakes and most of all, encouraging. My lesson was over in a blink of an eye! Boy, I looked forward to having his lessons again, so much so that I even went to the counter to request (and pay) for his tutelage. (My reason being, since I got him as my 1st instructor, he can monitor my performance throughout my learning journey). However, the counter staff said that he could only be available to me for 4 lessons in June - I still have another 8 June lessons. So I took whatever I could get. I went away feeling very relieved, because I felt happy to have met a patient and humourous instructor, who could put me at ease. :)

So today, I was practically skipping to my 2nd lesson when I hopped into the car of another instructor assigned to me, No. 186. He didn't seem really bad at first. Until he drove me in to the driving circuit and without saying much, we switched places. He was quite big build, so I had to adjust the car seat. Before I could adjust the mirrors and such, he told me to move off. This was my 2nd lesson and had actually expected him to refresh things with me instead of just jumping into things like that.

Maybe I'm plain dumb, but I still cannot control a car properly and sometimes, tend to veer a little to the side. He was very impatient and tsk tsk me a few times! He said things like, "See, see, you are straddling into people's lane already". "Don't follow people so closely" - the car in front of me had a field day moving and braking frequently.", "You cannot lift your left leg up from the clutch so fast!!" - the car stalled when my feet were not co-ordinated well enough. He expected me to learn 2nd gear today, without even monitoring my progress. I wasn't even well versed with the clutch, accelerator and brake pedals, and now I am supposed to be real pro at changing gears? I was really afraid that I might have caused an accident in the circuit, man! :shock:

About 30 minutes into the lesson, he finally let up that HIS training car (No. 186) was slightly more sensitive than others, to quote him "When you just lift your clutch leg up slightly, the car can move already. And also admitted to the steering wheel being out of alignment! And all the while, I had been trying to steer straight!! How could I be expected to learn with all my juices when he didn't equip me with a car with PROPER ALIGNMENT! Drove me nuts and i was so tensed up from today's lesson that I emerged from the car feeling relieved and limp legged. :cry:

I don't expect any mollycoddling when it comes to equipping myself with the right skills to drive. However, I also don't appreciate his little petty actions that really put me off - sighing, refuse to look at the student, tsk-tsking, shaking head, and barking instructions.

I am considering to cancelling all my lessons and changing to a private instructor, if I cannot get Desmond to tutor me.

Any valuable opinions? Or past experiences that I can learn from?

Cheers, everyone! :D

eeee78
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by eeee78 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:05 am

Juz get your lic lah
TCSS Emperor!
讲鸟è¯

craver
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by craver » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:24 am

You wear skirt?? I don't see why there's a issue..... like that you buay tahan ?? wait till you drive like sissy and bash by someone on the road even short temper than your instructor..... he only speed you up with real life situation that all... you should thank him.

ivant9029
10 000rpm Over Rev
10 000rpm Over Rev

Re: Lousy Driving Instructor

Post by ivant9029 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:36 am

Dove wrote:Big Hello to all SHC members!

I have been following your forums for quite sometime (which have been interesting and hilarious at times), since I intend to get a Fit when I get my license. I am also befuddled with how come I am so besotted with a car even before getting my license! :lol:

I am a CDC Student, which I really regret now because when the "wind" hit me to pick up driving, I booked and paid for 20 lessons in 1 shot.

My 1st lesson was really enjoyable, my instructor (Desmond Nge - Car 170) was easy to talk to, quick to correct any mistakes and most of all, encouraging. My lesson was over in a blink of an eye! Boy, I looked forward to having his lessons again, so much so that I even went to the counter to request (and pay) for his tutelage. (My reason being, since I got him as my 1st instructor, he can monitor my performance throughout my learning journey). However, the counter staff said that he could only be available to me for 4 lessons in June - I still have another 8 June lessons. So I took whatever I could get. I went away feeling very relieved, because I felt happy to have met a patient and humourous instructor, who could put me at ease. :)

So today, I was practically skipping to my 2nd lesson when I hopped into the car of another instructor assigned to me, No. 186. He didn't seem really bad at first. Until he drove me in to the driving circuit and without saying much, we switched places. He was quite big build, so I had to adjust the car seat. Before I could adjust the mirrors and such, he told me to move off. This was my 2nd lesson and had actually expected him to refresh things with me instead of just jumping into things like that.

Maybe I'm plain dumb, but I still cannot control a car properly and sometimes, tend to veer a little to the side. He was very impatient and tsk tsk me a few times! He said things like, "See, see, you are straddling into people's lane already". "Don't follow people so closely" - the car in front of me had a field day moving and braking frequently.", "You cannot lift your left leg up from the clutch so fast!!" - the car stalled when my feet were not co-ordinated well enough. He expected me to learn 2nd gear today, without even monitoring my progress. I wasn't even well versed with the clutch, accelerator and brake pedals, and now I am supposed to be real pro at changing gears? I was really afraid that I might have caused an accident in the circuit, man! :shock:

About 30 minutes into the lesson, he finally let up that HIS training car (No. 186) was slightly more sensitive than others, to quote him "When you just lift your clutch leg up slightly, the car can move already. And also admitted to the steering wheel being out of alignment! And all the while, I had been trying to steer straight!! How could I be expected to learn with all my juices when he didn't equip me with a car with PROPER ALIGNMENT! Drove me nuts and i was so tensed up from today's lesson that I emerged from the car feeling relieved and limp legged. :cry:

I don't expect any mollycoddling when it comes to equipping myself with the right skills to drive. However, I also don't appreciate his little petty actions that really put me off - sighing, refuse to look at the student, tsk-tsking, shaking head, and barking instructions.

I am considering to cancelling all my lessons and changing to a private instructor, if I cannot get Desmond to tutor me.

it always the case, students always think they are the pros in driving an L plate. better change yr driving attitude, listen to the real pros. Don complaints. 8) Can drive means can drive............... 8)

ok5859
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Re: Lousy Driving Instructor

Post by ok5859 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:01 am

Dove wrote:Big Hello to all SHC members!

At least this instructor bother to correct you. If you kana those don't bother type, that is call worse.

Alvinyzw
10 000rpm Over Rev
10 000rpm Over Rev

Post by Alvinyzw » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:12 pm

Ivan is the best drivin instructor. Anything can find him in SSDC. :lol:

sirjimmy
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by sirjimmy » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:53 pm

A friend of mine used to learn from a driving center years back...
The instructor actually said to him, "ni shi zhu ah!" (meaning: U pig ah!)
my friend got so pissed off that he jam brake and drag the instructor out of the car by the collar...
They didnt get in2 a fight thou, but my friend went to private instructor after thaT...
Passed on his 1st attempt...

we are after all paying customers, shouldn't they at least have a slightly better attitude?
But of cos, there are really good 1s too...
Good Bye Uncle EG... sad days without you...

blackhammer
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by blackhammer » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:06 am

OH my Tien ar... dun be so soft la.. say here and there a bit will not die or lose a hand or leg lo..

like tat how to serve NS :oops:

wpyeo
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by wpyeo » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:14 pm

another tio shoot left right session... :lol:

to TS: if u cant handle the situation inside the circuit, how can we expect u to drive out of the circuit? and how can we expect u to pass ur driving test? :roll:
ImageImage

bimbo0
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by bimbo0 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:17 pm

reason out with the instructor . tell him how you are feeling , let him know that he is pissing u off thus u cant concentrate . even how he f u , still th same . think if he is a reasonable person , he will change his tone :D

sometimes i think its not the words used that matters , it shud be the tone !!

8) 8) 8)
fancyTHIS

Alvinyzw
10 000rpm Over Rev
10 000rpm Over Rev

Post by Alvinyzw » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:59 pm

bimbo0 wrote:reason out with the instructor . tell him how you are feeling , let him know that he is pissing u off thus u cant concentrate . even how he f u , still th same . think if he is a reasonable person , he will change his tone :D

sometimes i think its not the words used that matters , it shud be the tone !!

8) 8) 8)

:D

Jason8052
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut

Post by Jason8052 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:46 pm

wpyeo wrote:another tio shoot left right session... :lol:

to TS: if u cant handle the situation inside the circuit, how can we expect u to drive out of the circuit? and how can we expect u to pass ur driving test? :roll:
:o :o :o
The Feeling Never End

ivant9029
10 000rpm Over Rev
10 000rpm Over Rev

Post by ivant9029 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:38 pm

Alvinyzw wrote:Ivan is the best drivin instructor. Anything can find him in SSDC. :lol:
don sibo me ok........ 8)

Dove

Post by Dove » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:08 am

Whoa..

Is there anyone who was born knowing how to drive?

I am just a normal person who wish to pick up driving. Of course, in the course of learning, I would also appreciate if the instructor could be patient and helpful, not pass snide remarks and display signs of impatience, esp. not on my 2nd lesson! I'm definitely not well versed enough to handle a car, let alone recognise that it's steering wheel was mis-aligned and it's clutch more sensitive than others (the instructor said so).

So cut me some slack, please?

I also agree on the point that we are paying their salary, so is it too much to expect some decent teaching?

To be honest, I had hoped that I could get more out of this column.. and not get it left right front back and center.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

wpyeo
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by wpyeo » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:59 am

Dove wrote:Whoa..

Is there anyone who was born knowing how to drive?

I am just a normal person who wish to pick up driving. Of course, in the course of learning, I would also appreciate if the instructor could be patient and helpful, not pass snide remarks and display signs of impatience, esp. not on my 2nd lesson! I'm definitely not well versed enough to handle a car, let alone recognise that it's steering wheel was mis-aligned and it's clutch more sensitive than others (the instructor said so).

So cut me some slack, please?

I also agree on the point that we are paying their salary, so is it too much to expect some decent teaching?

To be honest, I had hoped that I could get more out of this column.. and not get it left right front back and center.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
you dun wan to listen to real opinions why bother to come in and post?

or would u like us to sayang u, saying the instructor is wrong? is this what u want to hear? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

ps: dun forget a hash teacher will train out a well-versed student with the right altitude. compare primary school kids in the 80s and now. kids in the 80s are better behaved cos teachers had disciplined the students well. look at now. any tiny winky bit of scoldings by teachers the kid will cry back home and parents storm to school cry father cry mother at teachers.

so u want to be a crybaby kid or a matured person who take things positively?

and dun say u r paying their salary. cdc pays their salary, not u. u are paying fees to learn how to drive, to be coached by an instructor. u are not paying for someone sweet to be at the passenger seat sayanging you. with or without you, cdc will still survive. to phrase in a not very good tone, or maybe a bad one, cdc heck cares of ur stinky money.

finally, truth is always not easy to the ears. and nothing is always as smooth as u wan to be. it is how u take and accept.
ImageImage