Unanswered topics Active topics

CL7R blog: All good things.... pg 60

Home Of The Accordians
hifi1
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by hifi1 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:58 pm

trident69 wrote:Guys, my 2cents worth of salt..

Coming from a Sir civic, then to a rex and now a CL7r, i hope i can share some inputs as well..

Bought the rex year 2003, it was then 113k with nothing from PI..must beg for a PIVOT MINI turbo timer. :lol: :lol:
fast forward to year 2008, the itch was there, went to shop around for a new ride..but one thing keeps coming to my mind..At that point in time, my rex was running abt 4++bhp and spend alot on her for the last 5 years, which car can i choose...? :twisted:

Have always wanted the CL7R since 2003 but the price back then was "wow"
So,if you ask me..TC or NA better??
TC = Kick a$$ butt feel
NA = No lag
So in final..still keep the NA route and enjoy my new ride ever since. :wink:
thank u bro for ur input. I was in a dilemma a few mths back, change to a TC or stick to Cl7R. Never own TC car be4. It was a very diff decision but luckily the dealer didnt accept my bid for the TC car and I ended up the same. Then the sitn get worse and I save soe $$$ by not changing. Now the itch came back again (7 mths liao). Moon always rounder the other side hehehe but I veri cautious now.

For me even I get TC, I wont mod a lot so no no to 400 bhp for me. I dont track, just like the 'rush' when driving. Thats why i spend so much on cl7r but dyno so so only hehehhe but very happy with my mod so far. Everytime I look at Subaru or EVO, I still think cl7R looks better .... that swhy i can still control my urge.

Cheers
Why everything I like I cannot afford and LTA cannot passed?

Bimmer
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Re: My CL7R "long-term report" aka wayang TCSS...

Post by Bimmer » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:21 pm

ml2spin wrote:
The current A4 is B8 already and it's still using the CVT. But A3 is using DSG as it has a traverse engine layout, unlike the A4's longtitudal.

Yup VAG markup is still high.
opps...sorry...huh still CVT ar....dont understand their marketing plot..mark up so high...although i argee the branding and marketing of audi is getting stronger by the day.. bmw better watch out...

Jimbotan
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by Jimbotan » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:15 pm

hifi1 wrote: thank u bro for ur input. I was in a dilemma a few mths back, change to a TC or stick to Cl7R. Never own TC car be4. It was a very diff decision but luckily the dealer didnt accept my bid for the TC car and I ended up the same. Then the sitn get worse and I save soe $$$ by not changing. Now the itch came back again (7 mths liao). Moon always rounder the other side hehehe but I veri cautious now.

For me even I get TC, I wont mod a lot so no no to 400 bhp for me. I dont track, just like the 'rush' when driving. Thats why i spend so much on cl7r but dyno so so only hehehhe but very happy with my mod so far. Everytime I look at Subaru or EVO, I still think cl7R looks better .... that swhy i can still control my urge.

Cheers
Honestly, the CL7R is a great car. Good looking, with enough power for most ocassions. It is an easy car to live with on a day to day basis. I do not own one but would probably buy one if I turn back the clock 5 years :wink:

It is a good balance of everything that matters to me in a car :wink:
My car is fast....... But I am slow :wink:

CooLeh7
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by CooLeh7 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:12 am

No Regrets..... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
With the high torque...i hardly have to go beyond half throttle compared to the R when I was pretty much 3/4 to full throttle up to 3rd gear.

But hearing the high rev roar of Vtec still brings a smile :wink:

ml2spin
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by ml2spin » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:36 am

CooLeh7 wrote:No Regrets..... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
With the high torque...i hardly have to go beyond half throttle compared to the R when I was pretty much 3/4 to full throttle up to 3rd gear.

But hearing the high rev roar of Vtec still brings a smile :wink:
Of course no regrets on your stormtrooper lah! Nice DIY intercooler spray job.
ImageImageImage

trident69
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by trident69 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:36 am

hifi1 wrote:

Coming from a Sir civic, then to a rex and now a CL7r, i hope i can share some inputs as well..

Bought the rex year 2003, it was then 113k with nothing from PI..must beg for a PIVOT MINI turbo timer. :lol: :lol:
fast forward to year 2008, the itch was there, went to shop around for a new ride..but one thing keeps coming to my mind..At that point in time, my rex was running abt 4++bhp and spend alot on her for the last 5 years, which car can i choose...? :twisted:

TC = Kick a$$ butt feel
NA = No lag
thank u bro for ur input. I was in a dilemma a few mths back, change to a TC or stick to Cl7R. Never own TC car be4. It was a very diff decision but luckily the dealer didnt accept my bid for the TC car and I ended up the same. Then the sitn get worse and I save soe $$$ by not changing. Now the itch came back again (7 mths liao). Moon always rounder the other side hehehe but I veri cautious now.

Cheers
Bro, my stigma was..to buy a legacy or a CL7R... :lol: :lol:
As some after market parts can be retrofitted to the Legecy from the rex thus in term..Save a bit $$ here and there..

That being said, maybe, if conti cars are on the high side, maybe can seriously look at the legacy but 2010 will be the next face lift so now might be a bargin, if more overkill, PI can actually bring in the Manual STI legacy..

Guys, need to apologize abit maybe i sounded like a Subby salesman but, after some time with a scooby, i didnt have any major problems owning her..(Spoilt once cos at that time i hand itchy mod the turbo.. :lol: :lol: )

But one thing is for certain..Scooby brand resale value seriously rock bottom
price still okok
scrap valaue..mine was only 8K..argh... :cry:

So...at the end of the day, choose a Honda back again over the Legacy :wink:
ImageImageImage

lfwd15
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by lfwd15 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:56 am

trident69 wrote:
hifi1 wrote:

TC = Kick a$$ butt feel
NA = No lag

Cheers
As some after market parts can be retrofitted to the Legecy from the rex thus in term..Save a bit $$ here and there..

That being said, maybe, if conti cars are on the high side, maybe can seriously look at the legacy but 2010 will be the next face lift so now might be a bargin, if more overkill, PI can actually bring in the Manual STI legacy..

Guys, need to apologize abit maybe i sounded like a Subby salesman but, after some time with a scooby, i didnt have any major problems owning her..(Spoilt once cos at that time i hand itchy mod the turbo.. :lol: :lol: )

price still okok

i too was thinking of legacy but was concerned of the FC. Also i felt the driver's space is abit small. Didn't had a chance to try out the passenger's side.
Learning is a journey. There's never an end to it. ;)

WilliePeh
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by WilliePeh » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:37 pm

I still think CIVIC TYPE R is still the best choice.....

Was thinking of changing But PI eat my cl7a 60k...
LPPL drop of this thinking and continue my ride..

HAiz SO sad......

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Bimmer
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by Bimmer » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:51 pm

trident69 wrote: Bro, my stigma was..to buy a legacy or a CL7R... :lol: :lol:

price still okok

my case is simillar, during the time when i got the CL7, LGT was the only other choice that come close, i almost went for the LGT, at that time, LGT was going for 119K-121K while CL7 was 125-127K, CL7 was a bit higher but with higher OMV (abt 39K)....but after driving 2 honda liao...tot to myself, aiya...try another make lar...STI was also in the consideration (going at 131K at that time)...but finally boils down to LGT or CL7...and i have set my mind on the LGT already just waiting for the time to place booking...the turning pt came when 1 day i decide to go take a look at the LGT again...i was smitten by the black LGT in the Showroom...and their bloody frameless door...(goon rite..)...so i went down 1 night...at the ubi showroom...while turning in...i saw 2 white LGT be prepared for collection...there they stood in the waiting area beside the showroom...i was shocked at what i saw...that 2 LGT looked so plain under normal lights...damn!!! it really looked normal and plain ( to me at least)...straight away i turned around, didnt even bother to so in and see the black LGT...headed for WOW and booked my CL7....

After so long...when i think back if i have make the right choice....intially, i was disappointed with the CL7 cos maybe its was too refine for me when compared to the EK4 that i used to have....

i still itchy to try a TC car (and i shld have gotten that 2nd hand Yellow EVO7 instead, dep at a 9K/year)...till now the EK4 is still my fav honda that i have driven....but aiya...all in the past liao...and all are what IFs...

p.s: another factor is...when my fren who own a rex told me...u think the frameless door thingy is nice and good hor...wait till you have fingerprint all over the windows then you know...hahahaha...he was referring to the fingerprints left behind after closing the doors....hahhaa...that was 1 of the major turn offs as well.

trident69
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by trident69 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:29 pm

lfwd15 wrote:
trident69 wrote:
hifi1 wrote: thank u bro for ur input. I was in a dilemma a few mths back, change to a TC or stick to Cl7R. Never own TC car be4. It was a very diff decision but luckily the dealer didnt accept my bid for the TC car and I ended up the same. Then the sitn get worse and I save soe $$$ by not changing. Now the itch came back again (7 mths liao). Moon always rounder the other side hehehe but I veri cautious now.

Cheers

price still okok

i too was thinking of legacy but was concerned of the FC. Also i felt the driver's space is abit small. Didn't had a chance to try out the passenger's side.
Bro, if TC cars you leave it stock standard, you will be plesently surprise that the FC is not that bad afterall. In many motoring books/mags/ a well balance tc TC car does save FC..

As for space, i am lucky that one of my colleuage just collected his legacy.
Parked both car side by side..
1. Cl7 from the front looks smaller
2. Cl7 bonnet difinately longer
3. Cl7 in trms of car length is longer too
4. Interior to my surprise, it quite similiar,space maybe a tad smaller to cl7
5. open both bonnets - Guess wat..we got RED COVER..priceless..
:wink:
ImageImageImage

trident69
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by trident69 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:37 pm

Bimmer wrote:

price still okok

my case is simillar, during the time when i got the CL7, LGT was the only other choice that come close, i almost went for the LGT, at that time, LGT was going for 119K-121K while CL7 was 125-127K, CL7 was a bit higher but with higher OMV (abt 39K)....but after driving 2 honda liao...tot to myself, aiya...try another make lar...STI was also in the consideration (going at 131K at that time)...but finally boils down to LGT or CL7...and i have set my mind on the LGT already just waiting for the time to place booking...the turning pt came when 1 day i decide to go take a look at the LGT again...i was smitten by the black LGT in the Showroom...and their bloody frameless door...(goon rite..)...so i went down 1 night...at the ubi showroom...while turning in...i saw 2 white LGT be prepared for collection...there they stood in the waiting area beside the showroom...i was shocked at what i saw...that 2 LGT looked so plain under normal lights...damn!!! it really looked normal and plain ( to me at least)...straight away i turned around, didnt even bother to so in and see the black LGT...headed for WOW and booked my CL7....

After so long...when i think back if i have make the right choice....intially, i was disappointed with the CL7 cos maybe its was too refine for me when compared to the EK4 that i used to have....

i still itchy to try a TC car (and i shld have gotten that 2nd hand Yellow EVO7 instead, dep at a 9K/year)...till now the EK4 is still my fav honda that i have driven....but aiya...all in the past liao...and all are what IFs...

p.s: another factor is...when my fren who own a rex told me...u think the frameless door thingy is nice and good hor...wait till you have fingerprint all over the windows then you know...hahahaha...he was referring to the fingerprints left behind after closing the doors....hahhaa...that was 1 of the major turn offs as well.
Bro, your friend is so so correct.."FINGERPRINTS"..seriously, if happen the car get break in, you can be your own "CSI", no need to dust for finger prints.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

After my EK, i did told myself..the next car.."must ppl drool at it...cos i always drool upon TC cars"...
After 3 years, thanks to Motorimag*, my dream came through..every where you see is rex, TP is rex also...if go AMK autopoint..whoa..marchim "Spore own produce car la" :lol: :lol: :lol:

But after all said and done, i have to agree that a soup up TC is really a Kick A$$ ride, the feeling you wait for the turbo to kick in and boost till 2.0bar..OMG... :lol: :lol: :lol:
So bro, if have the opportunity, do get yourself one and have fun with it..
But..at theend of the day...still back to VTEC..dunno why la :lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImageImage

trident69
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by trident69 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:47 pm

WilliePeh wrote:I still think CIVIC TYPE R is still the best choice.....

Was thinking of changing But PI eat my cl7a 60k...
LPPL drop of this thinking and continue my ride..

HAiz SO sad......

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
All your buddies on CTR mah..sure kenna poison deep deep la.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImageImage

trd_rg
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by trd_rg » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:21 pm

trident69 wrote:
Bimmer wrote:

price still okok

Bro, your friend is so so correct.."FINGERPRINTS"..seriously, if happen the car get break in, you can be your own "CSI", no need to dust for finger prints.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

After my EK, i did told myself..the next car.."must ppl drool at it...cos i always drool upon TC cars"...
After 3 years, thanks to Motorimag*, my dream came through..every where you see is rex, TP is rex also...if go AMK autopoint..whoa..marchim "Spore own produce car la" :lol: :lol: :lol:

But after all said and done, i have to agree that a soup up TC is really a Kick A$$ ride, the feeling you wait for the turbo to kick in and boost till 2.0bar..OMG... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wah.. how come all CL7R folks prior to purchasing it all have the same dilemma har?? :lol: :lol:

Same for me. But for me, I was aiming for evo 9 MR but boh liao.. Kao.. Left base RS.. Heng never get.. Aiming for CTR but my CO say backseat can only sit 2 pax.. Sian 1/2 (also another factor my wife say I look too beng for it - wah danz..). Was aiming for Legacy GT Spec B but my friend told me resale value not that good. Then look for conti car - Volvo S60 T5.. Marvellous car but my friend quickly tell me not to get after his experience sway me from getting it (servicing Kan si Lang killer). Alfa 159 was also one of my choice but resale value of it bothers me a lot again.

So in the end settle for CL7R. Why? Very simple, wanted to get this car when it 1st launch but budget way out so in the end bought IS200. Drove the Lex for near 5 yrs and needed to dump before I lose more on value and CL7R was a pretty good price and time to realize my dream I had before 6 yrs ago.. :lol: :lol: Also that time not much car left for cherry picking.. tamade..

:lol: :lol:

trident69
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by trident69 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:02 pm

trd_rg wrote:
trident69 wrote:
Bimmer wrote: my case is simillar, during the time when i got the CL7, LGT was the only other choice that come close, i almost went for the LGT, at that time, LGT was going for 119K-121K while CL7 was 125-127K, CL7 was a bit higher but with higher OMV (abt 39K)....but after driving 2 honda liao...tot to myself, aiya...try another make lar...STI was also in the consideration (going at 131K at that time)...but finally boils down to LGT or CL7...and i have set my mind on the LGT already just waiting for the time to place booking...the turning pt came when 1 day i decide to go take a look at the LGT again...i was smitten by the black LGT in the Showroom...and their bloody frameless door...(goon rite..)...so i went down 1 night...at the ubi showroom...while turning in...i saw 2 white LGT be prepared for collection...there they stood in the waiting area beside the showroom...i was shocked at what i saw...that 2 LGT looked so plain under normal lights...damn!!! it really looked normal and plain ( to me at least)...straight away i turned around, didnt even bother to so in and see the black LGT...headed for WOW and booked my CL7....

Wah.. how come all CL7R folks prior to purchasing it all have the same dilemma har?? :lol: :lol:

Same for me. But for me, I was aiming for evo 9 MR but boh liao.. Kao.. Left base RS.. Heng never get.. Aiming for CTR but my CO say backseat can only sit 2 pax.. Sian 1/2 (also another factor my wife say I look too beng for it - wah danz..). Was aiming for Legacy GT Spec B but my friend told me resale value not that good. Then look for conti car - Volvo S60 T5.. Marvellous car but my friend quickly tell me not to get after his experience sway me from getting it (servicing Kan si Lang killer). Alfa 159 was also one of my choice but resale value of it bothers me a lot again.

So in the end settle for CL7R. Why? Very simple, wanted to get this car when it 1st launch but budget way out so in the end bought IS200. Drove the Lex for near 5 yrs and needed to dump before I lose more on value and CL7R was a pretty good price and time to realize my dream I had before 6 yrs ago.. :lol: :lol: Also that time not much car left for cherry picking.. tamade..

Agreed..year 2003 CL7R was asking close to 125K??...cannot afford..
So same as you bro..finally got one and happy with it so far.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImageImage

trd_rg
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by trd_rg » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:19 pm

trident69 wrote:
trd_rg wrote:
trident69 wrote: Bro, your friend is so so correct.."FINGERPRINTS"..seriously, if happen the car get break in, you can be your own "CSI", no need to dust for finger prints.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Agreed..year 2003 CL7R was asking close to 125K??...cannot afford..
So same as you bro..finally got one and happy with it so far.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yalor.. somemore that period all range of cars are quite ex particularly performance cars.

However at times i still have the itch to look at new cars.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

was smitten by VW Tiguan since my family keep complaining my car low lah.. cannot get out lah.. noisy lah.. not leather seats lah.. hahaha... BUT cheese off by the SE attitude..:evil:

One advise, dont get luxury cars else family members will also compare like mine side by side comparison to Lexus.. of course comfort wise IS200 wins hands down but the power is smell smoke.. kekeke..