Daily Devotional- NO TCSS please

Civic model year 1980 - 2000
sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:56 pm

Compassion With Action

Luke 7:13
13 When the Lord saw her, He had compassion on her and said to her, “Do not weep.â€

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:35 pm

Standing On No-Curse Ground

Genesis 8:4
4 Then the ark rested in the seventh month, the seventeenth day of the month, on the mountains of Ararat.

For 40 days and nights, it rained so hard that the whole world perished, except for Noah and those who were with him in the ark. At the end of 150 days, on the 17th day of the seventh month, the ark rested on the mountains of Ararat.

In Hebrew, the word “Araratâ€

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:13 am

The Power Of The Body And Blood

1 Corinthians 11:26
26 For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death till He comes.

Some time ago, one of our church members developed deep vein thrombosis (DVT) while on a flight to Israel. As she was disembarking from the plane, she collapsed. She was rushed to the hospital. But on the way there, her heart stopped beating. Apparently, the blood clot in her leg had gone to her heart, causing it to stop beating. The doctors managed to revive her heart after a few attempts, but she remained unconscious.

When I arrived at the hospital with some of my church leaders a few days later, I was told that her condition had worsened. She was in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU). My leaders and I decided to partake of the Holy Communion in the ICU, proclaiming that Jesus had borne all her diseases, including DVT, and that His blood had already redeemed her from all curses, including diseases and death.

The next day, she regained consciousness! Her recovery was so supernatural that after a week of observation, she was discharged and was soon touring Israel with the next tour group that arrived there.

In another case, a church member’s elderly mother underwent a series of operations and her condition deteriorated to the point where the doctor told the family to prepare for the worst. The family took Holy Communion in the ICU. They even put a small crumb in their mother’s mouth and poured a little grape juice in. On the third day, something miraculous happened — their mother regained consciousness, got well and was discharged not too long after!

You see, each time you eat the bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death for you. You discern that the Lord’s body was broken so that your body can be whole. You discern that His healthy body has borne your diseases and pains, so that your body can be well. So when you eat the bread, you say that by His stripes you are healed. And when you drink the cup, you are drinking the life of Jesus which is in His blood.

Beloved, the life of Jesus is pain-free, disease-free and poverty-free. It attracts the favor and blessings of God. And because you have that life in you, it causes good things to happen to you!

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:09 am

What Have You Been Saying?

Proverbs 18:21
21Death and life are in the power of the tongue…
Many things in life can cause us to fear — losing our jobs, deadly diseases, terrorist attacks and so on. When these things confront us, we tend to give in to worry and fear, and start talking about our fears.

Job was no different. He constantly feared that God would punish him and his family because he kept thinking that his sons had sinned against God. He would get up early in the morning to offer burnt sacrifices, saying, “It may be that my sons have sinned and cursed God in their hearts.â€

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:30 pm

Fresh Grace Every Day

Matthew 6:34
34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

“I am concerned about the big business deal that I have to close tomorrow.â€

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:33 am

Every Curse In Your Life Destroyed

Galatians 3:13
13Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a treeâ€

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:49 am

You Have The Same Favor Jesus Has

Romans 4:16
16Therefore it is of faith that it might be according to grace, so that the promise might be sure to all the seed, not only to those who are of the law, but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all…

God’s grace is His undeserved, unearned and unmerited favor. And because it is undeserved, unearned and unmerited, all of us qualify for it. But how do we walk in it?

Just as a password gives you access to a computer program, faith enables you to walk in God’s unmerited favor. Now, faith has nothing to do with what you do or what you can do. Faith is simply believing and declaring what God has done and is doing for you.

When you believe that the favor of God is on you because of Christ’s finished work, His promises of provision, healing and restoration become sure to you. They are not just sure to the Jews, but also to you and me because we are “of the faith of Abrahamâ€

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:20 am

Remain Steadfast In The Faith

1 Peter 5:8–9
8Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. 9Resist him, steadfast in the faith…

When I was a teenager, I was taught that if I wanted to resist the devil, I had to rebuke him. So whenever an evil thought came to my mind or I was tempted, I found myself saying, “I resist you, devil, in Jesus’ name! I bind you, devil! Go away from me, devil! I rebuke you in Jesus’ name!â€

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:05 pm

Much Better Than Before

Isaiah 61:7
7Instead of your shame you shall have double honor, and instead of confusion they shall rejoice in their portion. Therefore in their land they shall possess double; everlasting joy shall be theirs.

God says in His Word that you will receive double for your trouble. If the devil has given you one trouble, then for that one trouble you can expect to receive a double-portion blessing! And if that trouble has caused you to experience shame, God’s promise to you is this: “Instead of your shame you shall have double honorâ€

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:37 pm

Life With God Is Easy And Light

Matthew 11:28
28Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

It always warms my heart to know that Jesus sees the cares we carry in our hearts. He knows the worries you have for your family and for the future. He feels the heaviness in your heart as you struggle with the sickness in your body. He says to you, “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.â€

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:05 am

No Death, Only Life!  

Proverbs 12:28
28 In the way of righteousness is life, and in its pathway there is no death.

God does not want us to worry about whatever happens in the world. We don’t need to be affected by whatever is causing the world to be afraid because we are the righteousness of God in Christ. (2 Corinthians 5:21) And the Bible says, “In the way of righteousness is life, and in its pathway there is no death.â€

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:06 am

Healthier, Stronger Each Day

Acts 2:46
46So continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart,

Back then in the early church, Christians would meet each other every day, either corporately in the temple or from house to house in smaller groups. And when they met in their homes, the Bible tells us that they would break bread. That’s the Holy Communion, and they took it every day!

Now, I am not saying that you must take the Holy Communion every day. But if you feel led to and you want to, go ahead! The thing about taking the Holy Communion daily is this: If you are sick, you can be made well on a gradual basis. This means that you get healthier and stronger from day to day — first thirtyfold, then sixtyfold, then a hundredfold!

You see, while you can receive healing through the prayer of faith (Mark 11:24), it sometimes puts pressure on you because it requires you to believe that you receive it all — complete healing — the moment you pray. There is nothing wrong with the prayer of faith, but you may find yourself saying, “I must believe I receive it all, now! I must believe I have it all, now!â€

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:32 am

Release The Anointing Into Your Situation

Leviticus 2:1
1 ‘When anyone offers a grain offering to the Lord, his offering shall be of fine flour. And he shall pour oil on it, and put frankincense on it.

The grain offering in the Old Testament speaks of Jesus’ sacrifice, and oil in the Bible speaks of the anointing of the Holy Spirit. So the grain offering of fine flour, which had oil poured on it, speaks of Jesus’ humanity being anointed by the Holy Spirit.

Jesus is fully God. But when He came to earth, He literally emptied Himself, taking the form of a servant. (Philippians 2:7) That is why He needed to be anointed of the Holy Spirit before He could begin His ministry. (John 1:33) Though fully God, He did things by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Jesus was anointed to bring the blessings of God into the lives of people. He first spoke of His anointing when He was preaching in His hometown — “The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, because He has anointed Me to preach the gospel to the poor…â€

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:27 pm

The 12 Wells And 70 Palm Trees  

Exodus 15:27
27 Then they came to Elim, where there were twelve wells of water and seventy palm trees; so they camped there by the waters.

Would you like to know an important biblical key to divine health? It is found in today’s verse, which comes right after God says, “I am the Lord who heals you.â€

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:53 pm

Give God’s Word Priority And See Good Success

Joshua 1:8
8 This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.

In life, there is good success and bad success. Bad success is the kind of success which robs you of time with your family, friends and church, and destroys your health and relationships. With good success, on the other hand, you see prosperity in every area of your life.

God wants you to enjoy good success and the key to this lies in what God told Joshua when he took over the reins following the death of his leader Moses — “This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.â€