Daily Devotional- NO TCSS please

Civic model year 1980 - 2000
sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:55 pm

Forgiveness Is For The Undeserving

Matthew 18:21
21Then Peter came to Him and said, “Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Up to seven times?â€

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:33 pm

You Will Have Whatever You Say

Mark 11:23
23For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.

God says that we will have whatever we say. So whatever we want to have, we can say it and have it. Unfortunately, we often say what we don’t want to have.

For example, we say, “I don’t know why I go through my money so fast every month. Even when my boss gives me an increment, there never seems to be enough money.â€

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:34 am

Claim Your Restoration!

Acts 3:20–21
20… that He may send Jesus Christ, who was preached to you before, 21whom heaven must receive until the times of restoration of all things...

As a believer, you have a right to expect restoration of the things that the devil has stolen from you. It may be your health, marriage or finances, but payback time is definitely coming!

Acts 3:20–21 tells us that before Jesus comes back for His church, we will experience “the times of restoration of all thingsâ€

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:06 pm

Claim Your Restoration!

Acts 3:20–21
20… that He may send Jesus Christ, who was preached to you before, 21whom heaven must receive until the times of restoration of all things...

As a believer, you have a right to expect restoration of the things that the devil has stolen from you. It may be your health, marriage or finances, but payback time is definitely coming!

Acts 3:20–21 tells us that before Jesus comes back for His church, we will experience “the times of restoration of all thingsâ€

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:23 am

Christ Is The Treasure In You

2 Corinthians 4:7
7But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us.

The verse tells us that we have “this treasureâ€

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:11 pm

Your Problem Must Bow To Jesus’ Name

Philippians 2:10
10 … at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth,

Whatever is troubling you, if it has a name, it must bow to the name of Jesus! Cancer must bow to the name of Jesus. Poverty must bow. Shame must bow. The Bible tells us that God has highly exalted Jesus and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee must bow!

That is exactly what happened when a severely demon-possessed man saw Jesus. The demons in him — called Legion for there were many of them — not only begged Jesus not to torment them, but they also fled when Jesus commanded them to go. The man was left whole, healed and in his right mind. (Luke 8:26–35)

My late father was similarly delivered from his drinking addiction of many years. I remember how he was in a drunken stupor one day. I prayed over him in Jesus’ name for him to be loosed from his addiction to alcohol. He threw up violently soon after that and from that moment on, he never touched the bottle again!

Beloved, if your child is sick, lay hands on him and say, “In Jesus’ name, cough, stop. Fever, go in Jesus’ name. Health flows in your body in Jesus’ name!â€

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:29 am

You Have First-Class Righteousness

2 Corinthians 5:21
21For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

Some Christians believe that they have to work at becoming more righteous. And they kick themselves when they do wrong. They don’t realize that by doing these things, they are not seeking God’s righteousness, but are trying to establish their own righteousness by their law-keeping and right conduct.

Righteousness is not about right conduct. It is a gift from God to us through Jesus. And since it is a gift, we cannot earn it by our law-keeping and right conduct. We can only receive it!

How do we receive this gift? We receive it through the cross. God made Jesus “who knew no sin to be sin for us that we might become the righteousness of God in Himâ€

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:04 pm

Worship God As You Are

Ephesians 5:27
27that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish.

Have you been to a worship service where you stood with your hands raised, ready to worship God, only to hear the worship leader say, “Before we worship God, let’s all search our heartsâ€