Daily Devotional- NO TCSS please

Civic model year 1980 - 2000
sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:29 am

See Your Enemies Flee Because Of Jesus  

Deuteronomy 28:7
7 “The Lord will cause your enemies who rise against you to be defeated before your face; they shall come out against you one way and flee before you seven ways.

Some people think that Jesus and the devil are always confronting and fighting each other. But when I read my Bible, I don’t see fights between the two. What I see is the devil having to flee whenever he encounters Jesus!

Consider the demoniac from the country of the Gadarenes in Luke 8:26–39. The demons in the man begged Jesus not to torment them or send them into the abyss, but to permit them to enter a herd of swine nearby.

You see, neither the devil nor his demons can stand before Jesus. They may be able to torment people for a while, but when Jesus comes on the scene, they know that that is the end of their stay. They will have to flee! All it took was just one word from Jesus, and the entire legion of demons had to come out of the man and flee into the swine.

As a child of God, you exude a spiritual fragrance which evil spirits can detect and which causes them to tremble. It is the life of Jesus inside you. And He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. (1 John 4:4) That is why no curse, spell, accusation, scandal or destruction planned against you can succeed. Your enemies may come against you one way, but the Lord will confuse them and cause them to flee before you seven ways!

Jesus paid with His life to give you this victory over your enemies. After His arrest in the garden of Gethsemane, the Jews and Gentiles were united for the first time with one common objective: Torture Jesus and have Him killed. King Herod of the Jews and Pontius Pilate of the Romans were long-time enemies, but because of Jesus, they became friends. (Luke 23:12)

My friend, Jesus’ enemies were united and had “victoryâ€

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:34 am

The Head And Not The Tail

Deuteronomy 28:13
13And the Lord will make you the head and not the tail; you shall be above only, and not be beneath…

One of our church members saw his sales performance hit rock bottom by the middle of the year. As a result, he was ranked 320 out of the 420 financial advisers in his company.
Devastated and on the verge of giving up, he started listening to my messages and claiming God’s promises such as “the Lord will make you the head and not the tail; you shall be above only, and not be beneathâ€

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:16 am

Release The Power In You!  

Ephesians 3:20 
20 Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us,

How much power is working in you right now? God’s Word says that there is “power that works in usâ€

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:24 am

The Son’s Heartbeat For You  

3 John 1:2, KJV 
2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

Let’s say that you are now in your nineties. Someone comes along and asks you, “Sir, you have been a Christian for a very long time. You have seen much and done much with God by your side. You have prayed all kinds of prayers too. So what would you place as top priority when you pray for people?â€

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:37 pm

God’s Angels Are Watching Over You

Psalm 91:10–11
10 No evil shall befall you, nor shall any plague come near your dwelling; 11for He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways.

Don’t you just sense your Father’s love in these words? Like a mother hen that spreads her wings over her chicks to protect them, God will “cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you shall take refugeâ€

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:40 pm

God’s Angels Are Watching Over You  

Psalm 91:10–11 
10 No evil shall befall you, nor shall any plague come near your dwelling; 11for He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways.

Don’t you just sense your Father’s love in these words? Like a mother hen that spreads her wings over her chicks to protect them, God will “cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you shall take refugeâ€

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:02 pm

The Blood Alone Saves

Exodus 12:13
13 Now the blood shall be a sign for you on the houses where you are. And when I see the blood, I will pass over you; and the plague shall not be on you to destroy you…

On the night of the first Passover, many of the children of Israel were probably anxious. Imagine one Israelite asking another nervously, “Did you hear that the angel of death is passing through tonight?â€

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:00 am

Have A Large Revelation Of Jesus!

2 Peter 3:18
18 … grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ…

In the Old Testament, three types of burnt offerings were brought to God. I believe that the rich brought offerings of young bulls (Leviticus 1:3), the not-so-rich brought sheep (Leviticus 1:10) and the poor brought turtledoves. (Leviticus 1:14) Though of varying sizes and values, the different burnt offerings were all accepted as sweet aroma to the Lord. (Leviticus 1:9, 13, 17)

These burnt offerings speak of Jesus and His perfect work at the cross. Today, to bring a “richâ€

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:04 pm

Condemnation Is The Root Cause

Romans 8:1, NASB
1 Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

When you have a plant with sickly leaves, it would be foolish to just treat the leaves without knowing the root cause of the problem. Similarly, when “leavesâ€

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:43 pm

The Head And Body Are One  

Colossians 1:18 
18 And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.

God’s Word says that Christ is the head and we the church are His body. So Christ and the church are one. Christ and you are one! You cannot say that God sees Christ the head perfect but His body imperfect. Or that Christ is accepted but His body not accepted. The measure of Jesus’ acceptance with God is the measure of your acceptance with God!

So it makes no sense to say that the head is well but the body sick, that the head is rich but the body poor, or that the head is at rest but the body full of stress. My friend, what Jesus is before God, you His body are. As He is, so are you in this world! (1 John 4:17)

Today, God wants you to lay claim on Christ being your head. Start believing that all His perfections, and the delight and joy that He brings to the Father’s heart, He has set to your account. And you will begin to realize that as Jesus is a sweet-smelling aroma to the Father, so are you!

The more you begin to see that you are one with Christ, the more you will realize that whatever you need right now, He is dispensing to you. If you are sick in your body, Christ your head imparts His health and healing to you. If you lack wisdom, Christ your head freely imparts His wisdom to you. If you have any lack, Christ your head gives you His exceeding riches.

Beloved, have this rich revelation that Christ and you are one. You can never be separated from Christ your head from whom comes all the supply for your body — all the power, wisdom, prosperity and health. So declare, “As He is, so am I in this world!â€

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:17 pm

Grace And Peace Multiplied To You  

2 Peter 1:2–3 
2 Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, 3as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue,

Imagine if God were to visit you in a dream tonight and ask you what He could do for you. What would you say to Him? Would you ask Him to give you a deeper knowledge of Jesus our Lord?

God's Word tells us that when you receive revelation in the knowledge of Jesus, it will cause grace and peace to be multiplied in your life. It will cause you to receive all things that pertain to life and godliness.

What is grace? It is the unmerited, unearned and undeserved favor of God shown to us. There is nothing we can do to earn God's grace. But the more we learn of the beauty and love of our Lord Jesus, the more we see His perfect work on the cross, and the more we position ourselves to receive a multiplication of God's grace in our lives.

The verse says that peace too, is multiplied to us through the knowledge of Jesus our Lord. The peace of God sets our hearts free from fear, stress, worries, anxieties and cares. Wouldn't you want to have the peace of God presiding over your heart always?

God's divine power has given us all things that pertain not just to godliness, but to life as well. Wouldn't you say that health, money, a good job and a nice home for your family pertain to life? Well, all these things and everything else which God has already given is released to you through the knowledge of Jesus our Lord.

So let's ask God every day, "Father, give me wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Jesus." For to know Jesus is to have grace and peace multiplied to us. To know Jesus is to receive all things pertaining to life and godliness!

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:16 pm

Today’s Bread Is Not For Tomorrow  

Matthew 6:11
11 Give us this day our daily bread.

Doctors have discovered that worry, stress, fear and anxiety can cause stomach ulcers, high blood pressure and other health problems. The Bible says that a merry heart does good like medicine, but a broken spirit dries the bones. (Proverbs 17:22) It also says that God wants us to prosper and be in health, even as our soul prospers. (3 John 1:2)

When our church was much smaller, I used to worry a lot about my sermons weeks before I even preached them! I was so stressed that I developed symptoms in my body. Two doctors checked me on separate days and found my blood pressure to be very high. Other tests found traces of blood in my urine. I even had mild panic attacks. I believe that the devil was trying to undermine my ministry and destroy me.

But praise God, He delivered and healed me, and taught me not to worry. Today, the church is a lot bigger and I have learnt by the grace of God not to worry. The verse that set me free was this: “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow…â€

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:02 am

See The Miraculous When You Give Thanks

John 11:41
41 Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead man was lying. And Jesus lifted up His eyes and said, “Father, I thank You that You have heard Me.

Jesus lived a life of thanksgiving. He always thanked His Father for what He had and for always hearing Him when He prayed. That was how He released miracles in His life.
In the story of the feeding of the five thousand (John 6:1–13), Jesus’ attitude was one of thankfulness. He took a little boy’s lunch of five loaves and two fish, gave thanks and had them distributed. He gave thanks for the little that was there and the little multiplied. Not only did the people eat as much as they wanted, there were 12 baskets full of leftovers!
So when you see the meager balance in your bank account, thank the Lord for what you have. That’s your “five loaves and two fishâ€

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:05 pm

The Reason Believers Are Sick

1 Corinthians 11:29–30
29   For he who eats and drinks in an unworthy manner eats and drinks judgment to himself, not discerning the Lord’s body.  30 For this reason many are weak and sick among you, and many sleep.

Have you ever wondered why some Christians are weak and sick, and die young? I thank God that the Holy Spirit gives us the reason as well as the solution. In 1 Corinthians 11:29–30, He tells us clearly that the  one reason some Christians are weak and sick, and die prematurely, is that they don’t discern the Lord’s body when they partake of the Holy Communion.
Many believers don’t understand that the pierced, striped and slightly burnt bread, which represents the Lord’s body, is for their health and healing. And when they partake without discerning this truth, they partake in an unworthy manner. The reverse is true: If they discern accurately the Lord’s body, then they will be strong and healthy, and live long.
Unfortunately, the church down through the years has misconstrued this teaching and taught that if you have sin in your life, you are unworthy and cannot partake of the Holy Communion, lest you become weak and sick, and even die! We have turned a blessing into a curse. Because of this, many Christians are afraid to come to the Lord’s table and are therefore robbed of the health-giving power of the Holy Communion.
My friend, there is no such thing as a worthy person! The best of us still miss it and fail. So unworthy people are the only people who partake of the Lord’s Supper. But because Jesus died for unworthy people, He has qualified those of us who take Him as our righteousness to partake of every benefit that He died to give us.
So it is not a matter of whether you are worthy or unworthy to partake, but  how  you partake. Come to the Lord’s table with boldness and partake because Jesus has qualified you with His precious blood. Don’t treat it as a ritual, but release your faith for health and healing as you discern that Jesus’ body was broken so that yours can be healthy and whole today. When you partake like this, you are partaking in a worthy manner, and you will not be weak or sickly, or die prematurely!

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:55 pm

Look To The Word, Not Natural Facts

Numbers 21:9 
9   So Moses made a bronze serpent, and put it on a pole; and so it was, if a serpent had bitten anyone, when he looked at the bronze serpent, he lived.

“Pastor Prince, I know that God is my healer. But why is this sickness and pain still in my body?â€