Daily Devotional- NO TCSS please

Civic model year 1980 - 2000
sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:31 pm

Make Your Temple A House Of Prayer

Mark 11:17
17 Then He taught, saying to them, “Is it not written, ‘My house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations’? But you have made it a ‘den of thieves’.â€

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:28 am

Done As You Have Believed

Matthew 8:13
13 Then Jesus said to the centurion, “Go your way; and as you have believed, so let it be done for you.â€

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:27 am

Only Jesus Is Altogether Lovely

Leviticus 2:1 
1   ‘When anyone offers a grain offering to the Lord, his offering shall be of fine flour...

I love the symbolism of Jesus as fine flour. Fine, even flour comes from wheat that has been pounded and beaten again and again, and sifted several times. Doesn’t that remind you of Jesus’ sufferings and sacrifice for you?
And like fine flour, there is nothing coarse about the person of Jesus. Everything about Him is in even proportions. Every word that He spoke when He was in this world, every thought of His, every action of His, was so fine! When He was kind, He was not soft. When He was assertive, He was not overbearing. He is steel and velvet, meekness and majesty. Like a perfect diamond, every which way you turn Him, you see flawlessness, beauty and brilliance. There is no one altogether lovely like Jesus!
What about Bible greats like Moses and Abraham, or Peter, John and Paul?
Moses, whom the Bible says was more humble than any man on the face of the earth (Numbers 12:3), was once so furious with his people that he struck a rock twice, something he was not supposed to do. (Numbers 20:1–12) His temper got the better of him on that occasion.
Abraham, whom Christians regard as a man of faith (Hebrews 11:8–10), lied about his wife being his sister when a king coveted her. He endangered her life just to save his own skin. (Genesis 20:1–18)
Peter, who was deeply zealous for Jesus, denied Him three times. (Matthew 26:33–34) John, the beloved disciple who leaned on Jesus’ bosom, was all ready to call down fire from heaven to destroy the inhabitants of Samaria who had rejected Jesus. (Luke 9:52–54)
What about Paul, the apostle of grace, who blazed the missionary trail which future missionaries would follow? Even Paul went to Jerusalem when he was told not to by the Holy Spirit through some disciples and the prophet Agabus. (Acts 21:4, 10–11)
Beloved, the best of us can miss the mark. The only one who is faultless, flawless and altogether lovely is Jesus. And because He never misses the mark, you can look to Him. He will never disappoint you!

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:12 am

Look Unto Jesus

Hebrews 12:2
2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith…

What does it mean to look unto Jesus? Well, we can think of it like this: If you are drowning and somebody walks past you, you do not look at him. You look unto him. When you look unto him, you are turning to him and expecting him to rescue you.

In the same manner, you look unto Jesus expecting Him to save, heal and protect you because you know His mighty power and sacrificial love for you. God’s Word says that we are to keep “looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faithâ€

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:30 pm

Working Out Of Rest

Hebrews 4:3
3 For we who have believed do enter that rest…

Naturally speaking, when we rest, we don’t work. So what does working out of rest mean? Well, let me explain by sharing with you what the Lord had taught me.

Many years ago, when I first started preaching, I would prepare diligently for all my sermons. I fine-tuned my points and made sure that everything was in place. I would think to myself, “Man, I am going to share this... and that…â€

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:47 pm

Go Forth Neither Poor Nor Feeble!

Psalm 105:37
37 He also brought them out with silver and gold, and there was none feeble among His tribes.

When the children of Israel were slaves in Egypt, they lived in poverty and faced daily hardships from their cruel taskmasters. Scars and fresh lashes from their masters’ whips covered their bodies. The blistering heat of Egypt caused excruciating sores to fester. Many of them were bent over because of the long hours spent carrying tons of bricks and mortar. Slaving away for long hours under harsh conditions added years to them. And with no proper nourishment, many of them were feeble and emaciated.

But something happened to them on the night of the Passover. (Exodus 12) With the blood of the lamb applied on their doorposts, they came under God’s protection. And inside their homes, as instructed by God, they ate the lamb roasted in fire.

I believe that those who were blind ate the eyes of the lamb, believing that the perfect eyes of the lamb would give them perfect vision. If they had heart conditions, they ate the heart of the lamb, believing that their hearts would beat strong again. And if they were lame, they ate the legs of the lamb, believing that they would be frisking like lambs.

And when morning came, something new and miraculous happened to them. They went forth with God no longer as slaves but free people. They were no longer poor and needy, but possessed silver and gold given to them by the Egyptians. And none of them — there were about 2.5 million of them — were feeble or sickly!

If this was what the children of Israel experienced after partaking of the Passover lamb, which was only a shadow or type of Christ, how much more will we who have come under the covering of the holy blood of Jesus, the true Lamb of God, experience such blessings?

When you put your trust in the Lamb of God who was burnt by God’s fiery judgment meant for us, you will go forth daily, neither poor nor feeble, but richly supplied and divinely strengthened in Christ!

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:06 pm

Rest And Find God’s Grace

Luke 2:40
40 And the Child grew and became strong in spirit, filled with wisdom; and the grace of God was upon Him.

The verse says that the grace of God was upon Jesus. The Bible also says that where sin abounds, grace abounds much more. (Romans 5:20) And when you put the two together, you may find yourself asking, “If the grace of God was upon Jesus, does it mean that He sinned?â€

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:24 pm

Satan Cannot Come Before God To Accuse You

Romans 8:33
33 Who shall bring a charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies.

The book of Job tells us that Satan came to God’s throne and complained about Job. (Job 1:6–12) God’s throne is the most holy place. So why did God allow Satan to come before Him?

Satan could come before God because Adam had given up his place when he bowed his knee to Satan in the garden of Eden. (Genesis 3) So Satan had the right to take Adam’s place and come before God.

But praise God, Jesus, the last Adam, has come! And the sprinkling of His blood has cleansed the things of heaven. (Hebrews 9:22–24) His blood has cleansed and redeemed the unclean place where Satan walked and stood before God. There remains, therefore, no place in heaven for Satan. He cannot come before God any more to accuse you.

Who then, is in God’s presence today? Jesus! He is there for us. (Hebrews 9:24) And since He is for us, “Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us.â€

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:03 am

Be Mindful Of Christ’s Obedience At The Cross

2 Corinthians 10:5
5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,

Have you ever felt condemned because of the bad thoughts you have had? You could be in the middle of a prayer meeting when suddenly a dirty thought enters your mind. Actually, it is the devil who puts such thoughts in your mind. Then, he steps back, looks at you and knocks you on your head, saying, “How can you call yourself a Christian and still think such thoughts?â€

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:51 am

Be Full Of The Consciousness Of God  

1 Corinthians 2:12
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.

You are probably familiar with the story of how David, with a sling and a stone, slew Goliath, a 10-feet-tall Philistine warrior. But have you ever wondered why David succeeded while the others in the army of Israel did not even dare to face Goliath?

David’s secret was that he was only conscious of victory and not defeat, because he knew a God who had rescued him time and again.

You can just imagine him saying, “One day, I was taking care of my sheep when a lion came and took one of them. I was not willing to settle for that! I went after the lion, caught it by its beard and smote it. The Lord delivered me from the lion’s mouth. On another occasion, a bear came and took one of my flock. I went after the bear and smote it. So the Lord delivered me from the bear too. This same God, who delivered me from the paws of the lion and bear, will also deliver me from this Philistine.â€

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:21 am

Thanking God At All Times  

Hebrews 13:15
15 Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His name.

Lifting up your hands and thanking God is spontaneous and easy when you have just received a wonderful blessing: “God, I can’t thank You enough for this miracle!â€

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:11 pm

There Is Just Something Special About You  

Isaiah 60:1
1 Arise, shine; for your light has come! And the glory of the Lord is risen upon you.

People might have said to you, “Why are you so lucky?â€

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:05 am

Round-The-Clock Protection  

Psalm 91:5–6
5 You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, nor of the arrow that flies by day, 6nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.

During World War II, German planes bombed London. Houses were leveled. But there was one that remained standing amidst the rubble. Its owner said that when she read Psalm 121:4, which says, “Behold, He who keeps Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep,â€

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:34 pm

Christ, The Power And Wisdom Of God

1 Corinthians 1:24
24 ... to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.

People today run after two things: miraculous signs and wonders, and knowledge. It was no different in Bible times. The apostle Paul acknowledged that “Jews request a sign, and Greeks seek after wisdomâ€

sphinx_lover
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by sphinx_lover » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:45 am

Just A Groan Will Reach God’s Throne 

Romans 8:26
26 Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

Once, when my father was hospitalized, I remember driving as fast as I could to the hospital to see him because his condition was deteriorating rapidly. I was just sobbing in my car on the way there. I didn’t know what to pray. So I just cried and prayed in tongues, groaning in my spirit.

I believe that at that very low point, the Holy Spirit was helping me in my weaknesses — “For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be utteredâ€