Unanswered topics Active topics

Newbie Thread - for those who Just joined SHC.ES Folder

Civic model year 2000 -2005
MCDS
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator

Post by MCDS » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:46 am

welcome bro diverdevil to the ES owner's group!

your car... tokkong man...

drive safe!!

Freedom isn't Free, it costs people like you and me... Freedom costs a buck 'o five....

Dwightie
Idling
Idling

Post by Dwightie » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:09 am

hihi

me noob here

Es05 skyblue.

c u guys at the next outing.

MCDS
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator

Post by MCDS » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:21 am

hi Dwightie

welcome to the ES owners' little corner. our next meet is tomorrow night from 9.30 pm (might rubber time a bit - but will be there, sometimes earlier too - for the BOTAK steak...) at TPY Botak Jones.

Park at the back of the canteen, not immediately as you enter the gantry...

hope to see you and your car :)

Freedom isn't Free, it costs people like you and me... Freedom costs a buck 'o five....

JuzAciVic
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by JuzAciVic » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:57 am

hi bro,where is tpy botak jones? how will i know who are u all when i reach as tis is my first time for meet up...
anyone wanna to upgrade car or buy car,can pm me.. will get the best price quotion for u

MCDS
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator

Post by MCDS » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:33 am

JuzAciVic wrote:hi bro,where is tpy botak jones? how will i know who are u all when i reach as tis is my first time for meet up...

for your sake, i have posted the link here in case you dunno how to acces...

it's the Meetup thread/sticky just below this one you are accessing... the meetup sticky is where we post meetup locations weekly...

why no permenant place? becos ES Drivers like to go near their home, so i put meetup in East, West, North and South and Central so that it caters to some to go near their homes sometimes... and rotate... and helps ES owners coming for meetup have a chance to see other parts of Singapore.

and if you say far... you better dun come with us to malacca or KL or Penang.. that one is 100 times farther...

here's the link. see the last post on meetup details... it will provide the DATE of meetup so you cannot be going the wrong place...

http://www.shc-forum.com/viewtopic.php? ... &start=585

how to recognise us? some of us will wear HONDA logo T-shirts... can't miss...

you can always approach and ask if we are ES owners group... not very big less than 10 usually... and always on ROUND table - that should narrow things down significantly... else you can call my mobile which is pm to you.

u do know how to access your pm here right?

MCDS
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator

Post by MCDS » Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:13 am

nice meetup... new poison!!

and welcome bro bebe71 to the meetup... your ride is so insulated... ready to install serious ICE leow...

JuzAciVic
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by JuzAciVic » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:10 pm

sorry broS,can't attend the outing last nite due to work too late.. anyway i driving a sliver ES5.. with alot of doremans in car.. should be easy to reg me on road.. give me a friendly horn if u see me
anyone wanna to upgrade car or buy car,can pm me.. will get the best price quotion for u

firestone102
5000rpm
5000rpm

Hi

Post by firestone102 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:54 pm

Hi,

I am a new ES5 owner, 1 month ago bought the car.

When is the next meet up?[/url]

MCDS
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator

Post by MCDS » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:22 am

see the meetup sticky. Tonite shud have meetup...

Wheelie45
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by Wheelie45 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:50 pm

Hi to all bro n sis here:)m a newbie here:)juz bought a ES5A black. Seeking guidance from all of you for its care n maintenance:)

Hav a nice day:)

MCDS
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator

Post by MCDS » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:05 am

Welcome Wheelie45

come for meetup and you will get good sharing on where to go to maintain your ride for best price and good service.

Your black will meet many other BLACKs... Blackie No1 and Blackie No5 for starters... then there's Little Blackie (shy one so seldom come) and then there's the FIERCE Blackie (careful... bites hard...) and 'just as fierce' Blackie but this one like graupa... suck suck kiss kiss only... no bite... :) yet...

Wheelie45
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by Wheelie45 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:11 am

Mine is stock n gentle blackie:)

uplinkhack
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by uplinkhack » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:16 am

Hi people, newbie to Honda cars here. Considering the 2005 Civic 1.6 or 1.7 so came to this forum to see see look look.

Just want to confirm what is the diff betw ES, EU and EP?

From what I know EP is the 2-door hatchback and got Type R version right? According to Wikipedia (US range), EU is a 5-door hatch, meaning the sedan version i am looking for is ES version.

Tio boh? Thanks in advance!!!

MCDS
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator

Post by MCDS » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:07 am

uplinkhack wrote:Hi people, newbie to Honda cars here. Considering the 2005 Civic 1.6 or 1.7 so came to this forum to see see look look.

From what I know EP is the 2-door hatchback and got Type R version right? According to Wikipedia (US range), EU is a 5-door hatch, meaning the sedan version i am looking for is ES version.

EP3R is not a 1.61.7 litre engine.

it's a K20A 2.0 DOHC i-VTEC 6 speed gearbox monstor...

the 'normal' EP3 is also K20 equipped...

The ES/EU1 and ES5 are 1.7 and 1.6 litres respectively, both SOHC VTEC engines. Quite a major difference compared to the EP.

ES and EU1s have sunroof as standard in Sgp... although you will find the EU is quite a rare bird here...

ES5 is a Cat1 (under 1.6 L engind) CoE, while ES1 and EU1 and EP3 are Cat2 CoE (more than 1.6 L)

Performance wise, on the road... normal driving, almost the same. Dyno test will show a 10-12 bhp difference between the two auto ES1 vs ES5.

The ECUs runnig the ES1 vs ES5 are also different enough that they are not interchangable... although very similar...

the rest is purely cosmatics...

pic of EP3R

EP3R engine fitted with Grouppe M intake systems

compare that with the ES1/5 engine layout:

Last edited by MCDS on Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

MCDS
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator

Post by MCDS » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:08 am

uplinkhack wrote:Hi people, newbie to Honda cars here. Considering the 2005 Civic 1.6 or 1.7 so came to this forum to see see look look.

EP3R is not a 1.61.7 litre engine.

it's a K20A 2.0 DOHC i-VTEC 6 speed gearbox monstor...

the 'normal' EP3 is also K20 equipped...

The ES/EU1 and ES5 are 1.7 and 1.6 litres respectively, both SOHC VTEC engines. Quite a major difference compared to the EP.

ES and EU1s have sunroof as standard in Sgp... although you will find the EU is quite a rare bird here...

ES5 is a Cat1 (under 1.6 L engind) CoE, while ES1 and EU1 and EP3 are Cat2 CoE (more than 1.6 L)

Performance wise, on the road... normal driving, almost the same. Dyno test will show a 10-12 bhp difference between the two auto ES1 vs ES5.

The ECUs runnig the ES1 vs ES5 are also different enough that they are not interchangable... although very similar...

the rest is purely cosmatics...