Discussion on 2009 Jazz - updated 14th May

Fit / Jazz model year 2008 onwards
normirza
Idling
Idling

Re: FIT 1.3 Enhancement

Post by normirza » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:46 am

Hi there,

Hmm..hopefully not..wouldn't want to stress my ride..anyway, I just need a little bit more "umph" to my ride..any suggestion anyone?..anyway,after I got my exo changed, there is is weird sound coming from my engine compartment..it sound as though air is gushing in..is it normal?..
wilswong wrote:
normirza wrote:Yo all,

Just got myself the new 1.3 Fit and was hoping if someone could give me some advice on how to buff up my ride. Have installed the following:
1) Ninja Air Intake
2) Lowering Spring
3) HKS Exhaust with header and Hi-Cat
But somehow or rather, I'm not getting the power and pick up I really want. I still find that my pick up is relatively slow, So please, can someone list out the stuffs that i need to get. Should I go for a tuning instead as I have change my exhaust? Any recommendation as when I should get the tuning from?

Thanks
hello...wah i thought you change exos and the filter should at least help you with the pick up :/

is your expectation a bit too high?

Arahawak
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by Arahawak » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:56 am

normirza wrote:Hi there,

Hmm..hopefully not..wouldn't want to stress my ride..anyway, I just need a little bit more "umph" to my ride..any suggestion anyone?..anyway,after I got my exo changed, there is is weird sound coming from my engine compartment..it sound as though air is gushing in..is it normal?..
prob so.. :) sounds like you turbo-lised your engine. NICE!

wilswong
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by wilswong » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:15 pm

Arahawak wrote:

what if there is no turbo and the hissing sound come from where???

:shock:

Arahawak
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by Arahawak » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:37 pm

wilswong wrote:
Arahawak wrote:

what if there is no turbo and the hissing sound come from where???

:shock:
:shock: :shock: snake? :?:

wilswong
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by wilswong » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:39 pm

the car eat snake? no wonder no power...

babolat

Tinted UV Coat on Window

Post by babolat » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:52 pm

Hi forumers, wondering if anyone knows about tinted window UV Coating on the 2009 Fit models. The current models now come with factory fitted windows that are already tinted, that works to replace solar films. Is this true and does it works as well as solar films? I have seen it but not sure its the same effect.

wilswong
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Re: Tinted UV Coat on Window

Post by wilswong » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:09 pm

babolat wrote:Hi forumers, wondering if anyone knows about tinted window UV Coating on the 2009 Fit models. The current models now come with factory fitted windows that are already tinted, that works to replace solar films. Is this true and does it works as well as solar films? I have seen it but not sure its the same effect.
tinted does not mean it can reflect/absorb IR..IR causes heat build up...UV causes discoloration. So the higher the percentage that the film can reject IR and UV the better.

babolat

Post by babolat » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:39 am

wilswong wrote:
babolat wrote:Hi forumers, wondering if anyone knows about tinted window UV Coating on the 2009 Fit models. The current models now come with factory fitted windows that are already tinted, that works to replace solar films. Is this true and does it works as well as solar films? I have seen it but not sure its the same effect.
tinted does not mean it can reflect/absorb IR..IR causes heat build up...UV causes discoloration. So the higher the percentage that the film can reject IR and UV the better.

Hi. Thanks for the info abt IR n UV. Hope this windows from Honda cuts IR as well. I was informed by dealer that its percentage of the coat is as much as the solar films. If so, i wont need to get a solar film.

By the way, anyone got their interior of their Fit installed with the rear boot cover? Its the light weight board that covers the boot space behind the seat, then it blocks the view of stuff u store there.

wilswong
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by wilswong » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:36 pm

babolat wrote:
wilswong wrote:

Hi. Thanks for the info abt IR n UV. Hope this windows from Honda cuts IR as well. I was informed by dealer that its percentage of the coat is as much as the solar films. If so, i wont need to get a solar film.

By the way, anyone got their interior of their Fit installed with the rear boot cover? Its the light weight board that covers the boot space behind the seat, then it blocks the view of stuff u store there.
Better don't hope...because they did push us a film called clarity and upon checking...although it is supplied by Rikecool, it was brought in by Kah and the rejection rate is ... should I say is as good as not putting it at all.

As for the percentage of the window itself, I don't trust a word of what SE (be it Kah or PI) says nowadays...tint? yes...rejection? (BIG question mark).

The tonneu cover is available...but the fitting is not good. and since it hangs off the head rest bars is not stable as well.

dodox
Idling
Idling

Post by dodox » Fri May 08, 2009 1:19 am

Hi guys! do you know if the "fit sport" bodykit it's available aftermarket? seems like shops don't have it

http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/tech ... to_01.html

wilswong
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by wilswong » Fri May 08, 2009 1:02 pm

dodox wrote:Hi guys! do you know if the "fit sport" bodykit it's available aftermarket? seems like shops don't have it

http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/tech ... to_01.html
American bodykit...that's why not available here.

Although the side skirt is the same as Jazz 1.5

dodox
Idling
Idling

Post by dodox » Fri May 08, 2009 11:14 pm

and do you know if the various bodykit are compatible with all jazz/fit version? (usa, europe, japan,...)

wilswong
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by wilswong » Sat May 09, 2009 12:51 pm

dodox wrote:and do you know if the various bodykit are compatible with all jazz/fit version? (usa, europe, japan,...)
Sides and the back should be fine for USA, Europe and Japan.

Front we can follow Japan since Fit and Jazz SG and Jazz Thai are moulded from Japan.

US cannot because their nose is longer.

Europe not so sure.

E-Jazz
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by E-Jazz » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:53 pm

jagoh wrote:Wats the different between the 1.3 5AT and the 1.3 LX 5AT? Got $1200 between them, wats the extra?

http://www.honda.com.sg/cars/price_sheet.asp
Just to confirm the details, here are some info I can share:

Difference between 1.3 LA and 1.3 LX (more expensive one)
Both 5Speed Automatic Transmission.

The cost difference you mentioned are due to 3 factors:

- Leather Seats

LX comes installed with leather seats.

LA does not have so you only get fabric seats. If you want to have it in LA, you must add on $700.00

- Radio

LX comes with Japan Factory installed radio - Meaning 5 year warranty.

LA's radio is locally fitted after it reach SG. So its only local 1 year warranty.

- Rims

LX is japan factory fitted 16 inch sports rim. Makes the car look much larger due to increase height. Safety in cornering is better (subjected to driving style/preference) but may increase a slight bit of fuel consumption.

LA is basic 15 inch rim.

Lastly, LX model comes with boot tray (additional bonus) while LA model doesn't.

Info accurate as of August/September 2010.