Unanswered topics Active topics

New 2008 Fit - Who booked?

Fit / Jazz model year 2008 onwards
jaymechia

Post by jaymechia » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:33 am

My husband and I bought a Metallic Blue Fit GF. Got it for $55,800 with sports rims, premium leather seats, DVD player, reverse camera, solar film, door visor and reverse sensor. As my brother-in-law is the PI, he will let us choose the rims and leather seat.

Hmmz... realized that you guys are still getting fits at 57-58k range... Tot COE dropped, how come still so expensive ah? Now 7th month leh, if you are interested and is not pan tang go get one now lor.

Initially my hubs and I wanted the yellow version, but we saw a yellow one at nite and thinks that it looks odd, we delibarated and decided to get a rare metallic blue one.

We paid the deposit of $1k on Wed and signed the bank papers on Thursday. No idea when can we collect our car coz my BIL said the blue one has to go thru STA inspection. My BIL said it will take 2 weeks but a friend of mine said it will take only 1 day. zzz... Nonetheless, i'm really excited.

jaymechia

Post by jaymechia » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:33 am

My husband and I bought a Metallic Blue Fit GF. Got it for $55,800 with sports rims, premium leather seats, DVD player, reverse camera, solar film, door visor and reverse sensor. As my brother-in-law is the PI, he will let us choose the rims and leather seat.

Hmmz... realized that you guys are still getting fits at 57-58k range... Tot COE dropped, how come still so expensive ah? Now 7th month leh, if you are interested and is not pan tang go get one now lor.

Initially my hubs and I wanted the yellow version, but we saw a yellow one at nite and thinks that it looks odd, we delibarated and decided to get a rare metallic blue one.

We paid the deposit of $1k on Wed and signed the bank papers on Thursday. No idea when can we collect our car coz my BIL said the blue one has to go thru STA inspection. My BIL said it will take 2 weeks but a friend of mine said it will take only 1 day. zzz... Nonetheless, i'm really excited.

Enegizer
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by Enegizer » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:21 pm

just collected my fit recently,

can i clarify with u guys that these are the standards we'll get.

1) 1key with remote, 1key without
2) no bonet insulation
3) no door visor

also, the exisiting Front speaker is by factory default ? Since i'm given Kenwood DVD with rev. cam.

Also notice the engine oil is actually a little wee bit too less. hmmm...

AlanZ
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by AlanZ » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:02 pm

Enegizer wrote:just collected my fit recently,

can i clarify with u guys that these are the standards we'll get.

1) 1key with remote, 1key without
2) no bonet insulation
3) no door visor

also, the exisiting Front speaker is by factory default ? Since i'm given Kenwood DVD with rev. cam.

Also notice the engine oil is actually a little wee bit too less. hmmm...
Yup. you are right, and the rear does not comes with speaker. However visor is always an add on from PI or ur SE ma. Where got comes with ride 1?

Enegizer
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by Enegizer » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:34 am

paiseh, actually first time buying from PI....

how about the car keys ?

i check at shop at turf city today and was quoted

$580 with remote ( with immobilizer )
$280 without remote ( with immobilizer )

anyone has better deal else where ?

Elven_Princess
Idling
Idling

Post by Elven_Princess » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:09 pm

Um, do u have mugen bodykit, 15" sports rims, 1 year road tax, armrest & GPS system as well? If u add in all these, it shld come up to at least $1k more.

tonyyap00
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by tonyyap00 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:41 pm

Dear All

i need your advise on this issue ...first time getting a car

i am getting an honda fit for SGd56488 ....from pI @ UBI carmart

and i already make an payment of SGD 1000.00 for my first installment and partial for insurance.

they suppose to bid for me COE yesterday ..but they did not even though i

under 1bid coe, cause they last min told me that i am require to make a downpayment of SGD 8000.00 cause the bank not yet approve full loan,

and they loaning me their inhouse loan, but also require SGD8000.00 downpayment,

which they did not even told me at the first place...

my loan is for max of 10years ....., but now i duuno wat to do ....

cause they say they still trying to nego for me with the bank for full loan etc... i even sugguest to them to change an other model like to swift , but they say they try ....i suppose to get my car on the 25th this month now they missed it ..i have to wait for the sept bidding ...

please kindly give me your fullest advise on this issue... i will be gratefull to you all..

thank you ....
hi hi

wilswong
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by wilswong » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:02 am

hmmm...if that's the case, I am seriously in doubt of their capabilities.

The way I see your situation:
a) Bank's willingness to lend you the money
b) Banks's administration process

So it seems it got stuck at the bank end. So even if you change the car to swift, your loan will still not approve.

put it this way...If I can lend you $40K (for a swift), what's the problem of lending you another $10K more?

I think it will be clearer if you tell us what is the COE Bid this PI is putting in since they say 1 bid guarantee.

Side note: My take on 1 Bid Guarantee.

1 Bid Guarantee means, very simply the PI will bid once and it will get the COE. This is the clearest explanation right?

Now did the PI actually tell you WHEN they are going to bid and at what PRICE they are bidding?

Why is this important? If the PI is willing to bid say $12K base on the price of the car you are buying, there's really no point to bid in the current exercise if they KNOW, the lowest bid would be around $13-14K thereby breaking the contract with you on the 1 bid guarantee.

Therefore, this 1 Bid guarantee is a double edge sword. Of course from a consumer point of view, naturally will assume the PI will bid at the next exercise. If the PI is not comfortable of bidding at the price they are willing to pay, then they won't bid. And that will drag on forever until the contract time lapse.

From what I share, this may be a delay tactic using the bank as an excuse because they don't want to bid at a price that is at a disadvantage to them.

So open your big eyes, ask them for the bank's officer they dealing with and talk to the bank directly why take so long to approve. (In comparison (may or may not be fair), I went to Kah, give all the necessary salary details and I got my loan approve within the week and it is with DBS bank.)

So before you pay that $8K (in a sense, money for them to use to bid your COE), check with the bank first. If the bank say they did not receive your application, then question how come no application. If the bank did delay, then I say, be patient and see how the PI works.

There's no such thing as cheap and good unless you got a rare deal that some PI do dish out because they got a cheap car and have margin to play around. Majority don't so don't top up money too easily.

Losing 1K is better than losing 9K if the deal goes sour.

wilswong
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by wilswong » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:12 am

The areas that are ringing bells in my head...
tonyyap00 wrote:Dear All

i need your advise on this issue ...first time getting a car

i am getting an honda fit for SGd56488 ....from pI @ UBI carmart

and i already make an payment of SGD 1000.00 for my first installment and partial for insurance.

they suppose to bid for me COE yesterday ..but they did not even though i

under 1bid coe, cause they last min told me that i am require to make a downpayment of SGD 8000.00 cause the bank not yet approve full loan,

and they loaning me their inhouse loan, but also require SGD8000.00 downpayment,

(Wilz: why need that 8K downpayment NOW? isn't that suppose to be part of the car loan? So either wait for car loan to approve OR risk losing a total of $9K if the deal goes sour)

which they did not even told me at the first place... (Wilz: Ringing bells in head!!)

my loan is for max of 10years ....., but now i duuno wat to do ....

(Wilz: Wait for bank loan. No point getting car, get excited for 1st month and then regret later because of the way you get the car. If you know your earning power is below bank's requirement, i rather you think it through than to get ker tok by people and paying for it for the next 10 years)

cause they say they still trying to nego for me with the bank for full loan etc... i even sugguest to them to change an other model like to swift , but they say they try

(Wilz: Doesn't make sense. People lend you the money base on your ability to earn. It has nothing to do with the car. the difference between Swift and Fit is a few K. If a bank can lend you for Swift, why would it be any different for Fit?)

....i suppose to get my car on the 25th this month now they missed it ..i have to wait for the sept bidding ...

please kindly give me your fullest advise on this issue... i will be gratefull to you all..

thank you ....
Conclusion: Wait for car loan. Getting car is not a life or death situation. And don't pay what is more than necessary.

If they can lend you with in-house loan, that means they got money. So Ask yourself why they need so much money?

I smell a rat and maybe a xiao qiang also....

I may be wrong...but when it comes to such deals, I rather be super stubborn not to give an inch, than to pay 10 years of misery..

SV98
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by SV98 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:42 am

If your salary very stable, don't see why it shouldnt be approved. Mine only take 1 day plus by maybank and my SE even managed to last min bid in the last round. Dun be tricked into paying that extra 8k. Find out thoroughly why you need to pay.

tonyyap00
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by tonyyap00 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:49 pm

thanks for all ur advise...

the PI did not put anything on the paper ,

only state 1 bid COE,

actually is @ 55488, but i waited 1bid coe so that i can get my car faster so it became 56488, in the end on the 20th they last min tell me bank loan not approve full only approve 48488, then i have to fork out 8k as downpayment, then after that tell me that they will loan me their houseloan first but still need down payment 8k, if i did not put the 8k they will not bid my COE for me ... in the end i have to wait for next bidding...in sept...

also my loan i did not even request for cash back etc , then today i call the PI he still say ask me to wait till monday ...

but keep remind me if can put downpayment eveything will be easy to settle .... :cry:
hi hi

takano
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by takano » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:02 pm

tonyyap00 wrote:thanks for all ur advise...

only state 1 bid COE,

actually is @ 55488, but i waited 1bid coe so that i can get my car faster so it became 56488, in the end on the 20th they last min tell me bank loan not approve full only approve 48488, then i have to fork out 8k as downpayment, then after that tell me that they will loan me their houseloan first but still need down payment 8k, if i did not put the 8k they will not bid my COE for me ... in the end i have to wait for next bidding...in sept...

also my loan i did not even request for cash back etc , then today i call the PI he still say ask me to wait till monday ...

but keep remind me if can put downpayment eveything will be easy to settle .... :cry:
Simi in house loan? Ah Long is it?

Very simple bro, it's true that no one would bid the COE for u if the loan is not approved.

Cause the CAT A COE will be under ur name and it's NON-TRANSFERABLE.

An honest PI will refund u the 100% deposit paid if your loan doesn't go thru and u have stated clearly that u only would buy the car if the full loan is approved!

Btw, which bank u tried with?

wilswong
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by wilswong » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:17 am

tonyyap00 wrote:thanks for all ur advise...

only state 1 bid COE,

I still don't understand. If they can lend you the money using the in-house loan, WHY then do you STILL have to fork out the money? Isn't that double speak?

If put downpayment, you will be the first one to cry if anything goes wrong.

I smell a rat...and i would rather lose 1K than losing 56K.

wilswong
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by wilswong » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:20 am

Hmmm...if the company can only loan you 48K, it still don't make sense they cannot loan you the whole amount! it is just 8K difference...it just doesn't make sense!

Like Bro Takano says...ask back the $1K deposit. The deal is getting ridiculous.

tonyyap00
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by tonyyap00 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:38 am

thanks for all the advise..

yesterday i call the PI and screw him , ..

he say if sway sway all the loan dont approve..

he will refund me my 1k ....

but dunno how thru ...
hi hi