56%

Total votes: 61

demon
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Whose Fault is it??

Post by demon » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:48 pm

Good day,

something happened to me today and i'm still feeling quite sore about it, therefore i thought i share my experience with u guys n gals...

i was at J**p Ch** this morning to adjust my twin tail exhaust tip, (as it wasn't done properly the previous day) they saw the fault n proceeded to rectify it... everything was ok and done to my satisfaction, when i was ready to leave, it all happened...

one of their staff went to the road to direct traffic for me to reverse out of their workshop, as he was looking out for the on coming traffic, he did/didn't see the stationary car that was in my path, parked illegally on the left side of the one-way lane... he gave the 'lai lai lai' command and naturally i looked in his direction to listen out for the commands, but because he did/didn't see that car, i reversed n knocked into it...

my bumper dislodged and the other car slightly dented with paint scratches... that guy whom directed me went away to serve other customers n i had to go look for the boss...

i told him what had happened n he smiled n ask "then how? u cant expect me to be responsible for it right? u go ask around, your car not my guys drive one we wun take responsibilites... u wan u go claim your insurace lor..." wtf?? i debated with him like a gentleman and he just told me off again "u want u go forum n post lor... see who will side u... car is u drive one and now u wan to get me involved... u never check is ur thing liao... or i tell u what, u send a lawyer's letter to sue my company lor..." following that, he just walked off...

i have to admit is my fault as i din do my own checks n depended entirely on the staff there who are doing traffic marshalling day in day out... so i suggested to him that we should share the cost for the repairs, he pay for that car which seems to be less damaged as compared to mine, n i pay for my own damage... he laughed and polled the audience (which is his own neighbour, doing panel repairing) and naturally, i lost in terms of votes... i had to bite the bullet when he said why dun the 2 of u exchange numbers n go settle it, before walking off again...

overall, i must say that the efficiency there was ok but when it comes to responsibilities n attitude, they din fare that well... dun think i'll ever visit them ever again... damage on the car was only $200, not that i cant afford, but i feel it's not entirely my fault and J**p Ch** should not be washed off all responsibilities... what do u think?

to side track a little, that damaged car was already damaged... he was there to repair his folded up bonnet and dented inwards front wheel arc... they illegally parked the car there as the panel beating shop was full... they were just behind my car witnessing the accident n din say a thing just waiting to capitalise on the situation even further... he wanted to charge me $40 after discount, (dun know what kind of discount that is) for fitting my lose rear bumper, and ask me go else where to spray...

luckily gary's shop was nearby n i din want to get ripped off, so i asked the panel beating to follow me over instead, he was very reluctant and tried to lower the cost... i din give in this time... and guess what, when i went over to gary, he just pushed the bumper slightly, and everything fell into place... his mother used a piece of sand paper with water, and my paint scratches from the other car was gone!! but still kana 2 irreversible deep cuts... sianz...

sorry for the long post but i feel that after this incident, i would never ever trust anyone who helps to direct traffic anymore...
MPT AutoStyle Champion!!
UltraRacing Strut Bars
KW-AVX708/CD7100
PG8000S/EFX925
D1Spec ATF Cooler/Breather Tank/Oil Catch Tank
Simota Carbon Charger/Super Spiral Air Turbo

accura11
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by accura11 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:18 am

Erm... sounds like 50-50 thing to me...

But how come both parties didn't see the stationary car? Not clear on how the car is positioned, but if its the entire car blocking your path, quite impossible for both parties to miss it.

Then again, the person directing you might thought u saw the car and will avoid it, he's just giving command that there's no incoming traffic....

mixxno
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by mixxno » Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:58 am

If put repair work money a side ,I just think tat the boss not steady enough to handle this kind of issue
and worst still the staff make tat kind of remark..... :twisted:

I dont think anyone as a customer can stand tat type of service attitude , especially in this competitive market

Maybe their business very good or they think they r only in spore , tat y
the can afford to be yaya............ :cry:

pioneerpc
Civic EF/EG/EK Moderator
Civic EF/EG/EK Moderator

Post by pioneerpc » Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:44 am

Its a 50-50 thing to me also..
Feel sorry for ur case..

Just to add.. the ppl at the workshop u mention.. their face quite smirk when they see my car.. 92..esi.. they gave me the "wad kind of money can i profit from modding ur car" tt kinda face.. immediately i sian diao w/o asking anything.. drove off..
ESI 2010-2012
Fit 2012-2013
DC5 2013-2014
Colt R 2014-2014
EK4 2014-2016
Wrx 2016-2017
Jazz 2017-2017
GTI 2017 -

killersupra
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by killersupra » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:05 am

IMHO I think if the vehicle is park illegally, if some vehicle knocks into it, Comes to insurance claims they might not win outright. Cos in insurance contract, there is a clause whereby the vehicle owner hav to take all necessary precautions to reduce the risk of damage, in this case parking illegally definitely increases the risk.

Should hav straight away taken the pic of the vehicle parked illegally on tat one way road. .

But of cos in this case, the workshop who park tat vehicle illegally should be responsible for the damage. They shouldnt push away their responsilities too.

Jus my two cents :D
C-Rex Revival

lollipop3873
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Accident

Post by lollipop3873 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:19 am

Hi Bro,

For my view, i feel that the exhaust shop's boss is inmature & i feel that its a wasting of time talking to them. Obviously, their service standard sucks. So what if the customer is wrong?Does that give them the green light to be rude to their customer?Dun they know that customers are always right? But in this secenario, i think you are not insisting that you are right, but trying to settle this issue amicably. Since the boss post a challenge to you to post on the forum, then Bro, you did the right thing. They are YAYA & they think so little of the forum, so let's try it out & see the effects. Bad news will for sure spread faster than good news. Its really good of you to let more SHC bros understand the service standard of this shop. Cheers

j-sho
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by j-sho » Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:51 pm

i feel for you bro....i had a bad experience with the shop two years back when installing my extractor there...and i vowed never to go back there again...the workers just cannot make it..and the boss...hiya..worst...
Last time never study...now i sell newspaper lor...

jo1603
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by jo1603 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:13 am

to be franks bros, JC used to be a very good workshop..almost evry1 there had a very good attiude to cars and customers, they used to work till 9-10pm..but sad to say, mayb due to market demands..since a few years ago..tat attiude tat brought their name up is not there liaoz.. :cry:
in your case, i oso say its 50/50..last time wen i was working in a 2nd hand carshop, wen we shift car, there is a "directer" the 1 tat directs u and a driver, the common rule is if the car bangs, the 1 tat directs the car at fault. but in the real world, its always the driver..so i say 50/50..forgive n forget la..wat else to do..
tHE bRAvE maY nOT LiVE 4eVER, bUT tHE cAuTiOUS NeVER LiVE aT aLL...

Mercedes
5000rpm
5000rpm

Experience

Post by Mercedes » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:11 pm

I experienced this in your position before. The traffic director was my own friend. Was trying to wiggle out of a parking lot with the help of my friend who was outside the car. Then i kissed the car behind me. Nothing happened to that car but my paint chipped.

Blame who? Well I was angry (with my friend) at first but reckon that it's my misjudgment to both trust the 'helper', as well as my poor driving skill.

Forget it la. Live and let live.

Cheers!
Just DO IT!

XtremeZ
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by XtremeZ » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:33 pm

finally some bad experiences over that "shop" is posted... i personally won't go there... i ask for quotes for prices, they see me like small boy want to tork me quote me high prices... think i dunno.. very unhappy with the way the boss talk to me also very hao lian...won't go there anytime... for your case, i think both parties have some fault, but the shop should shoulder some responsibilities since there is always rule of thumb that "cusomters come first" :wink: sometimes it pays alittle to get some knowledge... hope your car is fine and thanks for sharing

killersupra
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by killersupra » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:58 am

I was also qouted very high price for certain items at this particular shop, went to the other famous exhaust shop nearby, and was qouted 10% cheaper. Best thing their service is also better.
C-Rex Revival

clio
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by clio » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:56 am

this is something i dont quite understand.

u r the driver, u control the car and when things happen u shouldnt be blaming anyone for it.

given a scenario, u driving on green while a car from your right chiong red light and bang u...r u goin to claim LTA for giving u false traffic direction?

even if u are to blame, u can only blame YOURSELF for trusting somebody else.

pls do not be a sore loser and blame an innocent man and his workshop.

the innocent man gain nothing for directing your car into a parked vehicle.

in a legal manner, the workshop is not responsible for this damage also.

it happens on public road and u r the driver.

if it happens in his workshop or his worker is the driver, dan i would say its right of u to fight for the claim.

all i see is your fault and u still dare to whine in the forum.

hurting reputation of a workshop earning small money from u trying their best to do things u want is not gentlement manner.

pls reflect.

ray1234
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by ray1234 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:48 am

clio wrote:this is something i dont quite understand.

u r the driver, u control the car and when things happen u shouldnt be blaming anyone for it.

given a scenario, u driving on green while a car from your right chiong red light and bang u...r u goin to claim LTA for giving u false traffic direction?

even if u are to blame, u can only blame YOURSELF for trusting somebody else.

pls do not be a sore loser and blame an innocent man and his workshop.

the innocent man gain nothing for directing your car into a parked vehicle.

in a legal manner, the workshop is not responsible for this damage also.

it happens on public road and u r the driver.

if it happens in his workshop or his worker is the driver, dan i would say its right of u to fight for the claim.

all i see is your fault and u still dare to whine in the forum.

hurting reputation of a workshop earning small money from u trying their best to do things u want is not gentlement manner.

pls reflect.

if tats the case you mean the driver is ka u then the staff is wat???? :think:

HyperRev
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by HyperRev » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:16 am

my 2 cents worth. i think there's no fault on jc and their staff and they are definitely not obliged to pay for anything. when the mechanics offer to guide my car out, i take it as goodwill and i nvr trust them 100%. that is plain foolishness. they are humans not machines. they will err.

having said that, i nvr had a good experiment with jc as well. was chop by them even after going there with their regular customer. and their workmanship is average. there are better and cheaper ones elsewhere. if the boss thinks that the power of internet is nothing, he is living in the 70s. wake up and smell the roses. just look at sph stomp.
<b>"Straights are for fast cars. Corners are for fast drivers."</b>

kookk
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by kookk » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:36 am

I totally think it is definitely 100% the driver's fault for not checking himself.

How can you fault others for lapsing on your own dilligence?