Unanswered topics Active topics

Side mirrors auto tilt and fold mod for our CR-V

noelleon69
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Side mirrors auto tilt and fold mod for our CR-V

Post by noelleon69 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:35 pm

Just to share with fellow bros about this mod that some of you may find useful to do for a SUV. My dad may have mentioned this to some of you during the meet up. I believe most of us can't really see the left rear wheel when looking at the left side mirror. One popular way of solving this is by pasting those small circular stick on mirrors but in my opinion it is rather ugly and would avoid it if possible. That's where the reverse mirror tilt module helps.

Reverse mirror tilt module $150 with installation and 1 year warranty

When reverse gear is engaged, the left side mirror will tilt down for you to view the lower blind spot, so you can avoid hitting curb or other objects. The tilt down angle is programmable to the angle you want. Once the reverse gear is disengaged, the mirror will move back to the original position.

Then sometimes I think once in a while we tend to forget if we have locked the car or not after walking away. That's where the mirror fold module comes in handy.

Mirror fold module $80 with installation and 1 year warranty

When doors are locked by remote or key, the mirror will auto fold in. You don't have to manually push the button in the car to fold the mirror after parking too. By adding this module, you can tell your car is lock/unlock from a distance just by looking at the mirrors to see if they are folded or not.

If install both modules together will cost $180, that's $50 off.

Sample pictures from Autowerks

On our CR-V from Honda Japan website

Place to do this?

Auto Werks Exporium
110 Paya Lebar Road
#01-05 Singapore Warehouse
Tel: 6848-6811

noelleon69
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by noelleon69 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:45 pm

I tried asking them if they can give further discount for mass order/group buy. Unfortunately they replied that they are currently doing a mass order of about 50 cars from the Civic club and this will be their last mass order. I can tell you guys why during our next meet up if you guys are kpo. :D

So anyway the good news is that the promotion of doing both modules together at $50 cheaper is still on. Since there is no mass order, you guys can just make your own appointments to have these mods done, just 1 or both up to you bros.

I think the price is quite reasonable, the module and the workmanship all in for these 2 mods. Listed price on Honda Japan website for the auto fold is ¥10,000 and for the auto tilt is ¥13,000. Not sure together is how much, though I wouldn't really look much into these figures, just for extra info only.

Now I'll include some more details which some of you may be thinking of asking:

- These modules are portable, that is to say when you do have a change of car in the future, they can be taken off and transplanted into your new car.

- They charge $50 for removal and re-installation for both modules.

- Time taken to do the installation about 1 hour.

- The button to fold the mirrors will still work.

- AutoWerks will absorb parking fee for purchase $25 and above so please remember to claim your parking fee when you give them a visit. Just inform the cashier when making payment.

bropig
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by bropig » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:52 pm

i have actually considered the auto folding mirror some time back and decided against it due to my habit of parking next and near to the pillar and also due to the brilliant :wall: carpark design by HDB.

when parking the car
without auto folding
1) use the button the fold the mirror before switching off the engine.
2) get out of the car
3) walk out between the car & pillar
4) activate the alarm to lock the car

with auto folding
1) off the engine
2) get out of car
3) activate alarm standing next to car as cannot pass through between car and pillar
4) walk out between the car & pillar

when collecting car
without auto folding
1) activate alarm to unlock car from a distant
2) walk between car & pillar
3) get into car
4) start engine
5) unfold mirror using the button

with auto folding
1) need to walk between car & pillar 1st because if activate alarm 1st will not be able to pass through between car and pillar
2) activate alarm to unlock car when standing next to car
3) get into car
4) start engine

i find it's very restrictive for me if i have the auto folding mirror so i dropped the idea. :)

noelleon69
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by noelleon69 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:15 am

:lol: It does makes sense for you to drop the idea of the auto folding mirror considering you mostly end up parking beside the pillar at the HDB multi story carpark. Think it is a better idea for drivers who park at open air car parks.

liquidforce
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by liquidforce » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:46 am

Hey bro noel, thanks for this lobang. I think its really useful and price is reasonable. :)

smallcat
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by smallcat » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:31 pm

Definitely sounds interesting!!! Good lobang bro....
Honda CRV 07 - Pearl Red

noelleon69
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by noelleon69 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:55 pm

All bros who were considering doing these mods, please hold, I have good news. I've got a message from them that they have reconsidered pricing for car clubs (in this case SHC) provided there's a minimum of 20 cars involved.

Here are the new prices:

1) Mirror Tilt = $130
2) Mirror Fold = $60
3) Both Modules = $150

50% deposit is required balance paid up during installation visit which have to be arranged. I will ask permission from the mods to start a group buy for this and after approval will create a topic with full details in the group buy section.

noelleon69
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by noelleon69 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:40 am

Bros please check out my group buy topic here: http://www.shc-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=110992

TaylorMR7
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by TaylorMR7 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:19 pm

noelleon69 wrote:Bros please check out my group buy topic here: http://www.shc-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=110992
Bro, thanks for lobang. Have put my name in the list.

noelleon69
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by noelleon69 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:36 am

No problem. Saw both you as well as alex on the list. Thanks! Any other bros interested just feel free to add yourself to the list.

Just a reminder to those bros who have not collected your car. You still can take part and take advantage of the special price of the group buy now and then have it installed when your car eventually comes.

noelleon69
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by noelleon69 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:41 pm

Used the opportunity to meet up with Alex and Lee. Douglas supposed to be there as well but he went earlier and left before we were there.

Decided to add the switch as well after hearing Alex and Lee bros comments that we might need the mirror tilted up sometimes, just another $10 more only so it's ok and the button's appearance is ok too.

Here's a shot of the progress halfway in the installation:

Here's a shot of the switch installed in Alex's car:

As my interior is of a different colour than the button, I decided to pick this position to the left of the steering wheel to put the switch (before installing):

I also came across this wide angled mirrors (had been looking for something similar for some time) at the shop though at the moment they do not have for our CR-V yet. This is better than the Twister ones as these are made of glass not acrylic. Unlike the Twister one where it is pasted onto stock mirrors, these are direct replacements. It also have other properties like anti-glare, anti-fog and water dispersion. The wide angle will help in normal driving conditions. It even comes with a version with blinking signal lights built in which when not in use looks just like ordinary mirror, cant see the lights at all. But I find that it is distracting and not much of a use to other road users since the mirrors are tilted towards the driver for him to see and not other vehicles.

PUMPKINS
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by PUMPKINS » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:02 pm

Hi noel
interested 2 wide angled mirror... how much is it?
n also for:
mirror tilt n mirror fold... i want to ask.. any disc for buying the module only? coz im from abroad n also if sometimes i dont want the mirror to tilt or fold any switch??

noelleon69
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by noelleon69 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:42 pm

unfortunately the wide angle mirror is not available for the CR-V. the factory in taiwan needs 200 orders for them to product and that figure is the main stumbling block for shops to commit.

if you just want to buy the module without installation there should be a slight discount but probably not by much. the shop can provide installation for you to install at your own workshop where you are.

yes a switch can be done. i have a switch installed so i can disable the auto tilt when i don't need the mirror to be tilted down during reverse gear.

snowmanyee
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by snowmanyee » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:56 pm

some of the bros had done for the Crossroad, both tilt anf fold function like what you had mentioned for less than $100. Can check out the Crossroad thread for more details. One of the bro demonstrated to me and I was pretty impressed with it, taken into consideration the price for under $100.

Cross
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by Cross » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:10 am

snowmanyee wrote:some of the bros had done for the Crossroad, both tilt anf fold function like what you had mentioned for less than $100. Can check out the Crossroad thread for more details. One of the bro demonstrated to me and I was pretty impressed with it, taken into consideration the price for under $100.
There is a flaw with this device. I had just got it removed and returned to them.