Unanswered topics Active topics

JDM Civic Type R poison list

New Civic model year 2006 onwards
icezone
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by icezone » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:13 pm

weewee20 wrote:hello bro eiji,

How come you are so informative. You are really my hero..

Just got a civic type R last week. You posion list really make me so tempted.

So far, i only have Defi - Oil Temp, Oil Press, Water Temp & control unit II. Pay $1350 at Mcwell. Everywhere also no stock, left Mcwell have, so no choice. Also, think the market price should be around $1250 and not $950 as stated in your posion list.

Also, have a pivot shift lamp at $200, looking for RSM but was told worldwide no stock.

My next target will be J's Racing Catback FULL TITANIUM EXHAUST at $1980, can you advice which garage i can go to? I also see a HKS filter today at $380, no piping , need to modify. I wish to have this as well but i prefer everything including piping. Does J's Racing have the filter and piping that fit for type R?

Think i still got a long way to go. Any recommedation of a 'must have' for type R civic?

Cheers
for the j's racing exhaust, think u have to go to Garage R as they are the official distributors for j's racing... alternatively u can try maximus racing for toda exhaust or gan for kakimoto exhaust... the next thing u can consider is changing ur brake hose to steel braided ones...

eiji
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by eiji » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:57 pm

So far, i only have Defi - Oil Temp, Oil Press, Water Temp & control unit II. Pay $1350 at Mcwell. Everywhere also no stock, left Mcwell have, so no choice. Also, think the market price should be around $1250 and not $950 as stated in your posion list.

Also, have a pivot shift lamp at $200, looking for RSM but was told worldwide no stock.

My next target will be J's Racing Catback FULL TITANIUM EXHAUST at $1980, can you advice which garage i can go to? I also see a HKS filter today at $380, no piping , need to modify. I wish to have this as well but i prefer everything including piping. Does J's Racing have the filter and piping that fit for type R?

Think i still got a long way to go. Any recommedation of a 'must have' for type R civic?

Cheers
market price is 950 for defi for Self import or thru private importers. 1250 is from retail shops and even then its a bit on the high side.

Exos, there's currently a lot of legal ones, mugen, kakimoto, toda, j's racing and soon skunk2. so take ur pick slowly. i recommend visiting the ctr forums, at www.ctr-sg.mrforum.net

if you think here is informative, there is poison land! :lol:

i post a lot more expensive poisons there, must have mods no such thing, stock car is already fantastic, i recommend driving stock for a while, take ur time and do your planning before modding. dun end up joining the remod club.

august4877
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by august4877 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:07 pm

Hehehe.. eiji is right. if you visit www.ctr-sg.mrforum.net you'll definitely be poisoned big time.

ever since i joined there... I have been upgrading my car by buying external stuffs like GruppeM and Toda exhaust. Now waiting for Toda hearder and MR ECU. (After all the upgrading, I'll definitely be broke).

But, what to do... I love my CTR and the VTEC sound is like music to my ears..

(oh yeah.. if you wan to mod, there has to be limit.. so only mod according to your budget)
Last edited by august4877 on Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

weewee20
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by weewee20 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:04 pm

Thanks bro eiji, you are really very helpful and will check it out on the link provided.

By the way. i notice when i use my key to open my door rather than pressing the button to open, the original alarm will be horn and the sound is the horning of the car. It is non-stop unless you press the button at your key.

What if one day the remote is spoilt, anyone know how to reset the alarm?

SuperBochap
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by SuperBochap » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:26 am

weewee20 wrote:Thanks bro eiji, you are really very helpful and will check it out on the link provided.

By the way. i notice when i use my key to open my door rather than pressing the button to open, the original alarm will be horn and the sound is the horning of the car. It is non-stop unless you press the button at your key.

What if one day the remote is spoilt, anyone know how to reset the alarm?
strange. I got no alarm at all even though i open it with key
my balloon! my balloon!! f*#k! f*#k! f*#k!
http://scottsprintshop.blogspot.com/

august4877
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by august4877 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:04 am

same here.. try resetting your ecu by disconnecting your battery terminal (negative or positive, i am not sure) and connect back again.

weewee20
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by weewee20 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:45 pm

Hello bro august4877

Are you driving civic type R as well?

I think there is sure other way to reset the alarm rather than resetting thur ecu by disconnecting your battery terminal. In that case, it will be very troubleson and you have to set your radio, headset etc..

august4877
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by august4877 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:10 pm

yup... i am driving and FD2R.

I don have any problem with the alarm when i unlock my car door using the car key too.

Not sure if it will work.. but that is what we normally do when we have probs with the electronics. just give it a try bro..

weewee20
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by weewee20 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:45 pm

My problem is fixed and all done.

Now i know why this happen to me. The repeating horn sound will only appeared if you unlock the door inside. You can try in when you down your window. This is when people break your window and unlock your door from the inside. To remove this alarm, simply insert your key and lock your car, this is the reset method.

Why i will got the repeated horn sound when i inside the key to open the door is because i have add a new alarm system and it's somehow connected together. So now for me to stop the alarm is to, reset the new alarm system (there is a button for it to do so) , use the key to insert and lock the door , the new alarm and the original 'horn' alarm will be cleared.

I hope this information can help out on those bro who also encounter the same problem when you instore new alarm.

Cheers

ssworx
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by ssworx » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:37 pm

Driven are selling Defis for $950....

Innuendo6
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by Innuendo6 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:36 pm

Cheers
eric, come i bring u go my garage...

kuuligan
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by kuuligan » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:22 pm

anyone can offer my suggestions on type R coilovers?

I am not sure whats in the local market. Prices??

someone hola at me :D
-car less

machineoperator
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by machineoperator » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:54 am

weewee20 wrote:My problem is fixed and all done.

Now i know why this happen to me. The repeating horn sound will only appeared if you unlock the door inside. You can try in when you down your window. This is when people break your window and unlock your door from the inside. To remove this alarm, simply insert your key and lock your car, this is the reset method.

Why i will got the repeated horn sound when i inside the key to open the door is because i have add a new alarm system and it's somehow connected together. So now for me to stop the alarm is to, reset the new alarm system (there is a button for it to do so) , use the key to insert and lock the door , the new alarm and the original 'horn' alarm will be cleared.

I hope this information can help out on those bro who also encounter the same problem when you instore new alarm.

Cheers

thanks ...I have been waiting for this answer....

eiji
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by eiji » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:47 am

kuuligan wrote:anyone can offer my suggestions on type R coilovers?

I am not sure whats in the local market. Prices??

someone hola at me :D
check out www.ctr.sg i have listed out a list of suspensions for FD2R and their rough indicative pricing.

p_RinCe
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by p_RinCe » Sun May 18, 2008 3:57 am

is there available oem carbon boot for CTR? if yes can someone pm me a contact? looking for it. thanks. looking for OEM carbon boot for FD2R. thanks...
EG9 SOLD... Another Born.
Once a Honda, always a Honda.