Unanswered topics Active topics

What Size Rims do most people prefer on your ES ride?

Civic model year 2000 -2005

What Size Rims do most people prefer on your ES ride?

Poll ended at Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:39 pm

15inches
19%
16inches
48%
17inches
33%

Total votes: 81

Photohut
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by Photohut » Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:54 pm

ok thanks... Most likely will change to 16inches. Hopefully will not affect the performance of the car.

MCDS
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator

Post by MCDS » Sun Mar 20, 2005 4:07 pm

HAHAH... saw bro TwinX's car...

18 inch rims is only the tip of the iceberg...

his comfort is not affected because he has also installed a whole set of suspension upgrades ranging from... er... let him tell you la if he come to next meet...

His car is something I think many would love to take apart to see all his ride improvement mods...

just his telling me what's in there alone already made me drool and urge him to stop... before I sell my kid to pay for the mods he did...

The 18 inch wheels are just icing on the cake man... and the cake is fabulous...

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Freedom isn't Free, it costs people like you and me... Freedom costs a buck 'o five....

waYoUt
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by waYoUt » Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:11 pm

17inch will be better

:)

Phuturist
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by Phuturist » Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:47 pm

MCDS wrote:HAHAH... saw bro TwinX's car...

his comfort is not affected because he has also installed a whole set of suspension upgrades ranging from... er... let him tell you la if he come to next meet...

His car is something I think many would love to take apart to see all his ride improvement mods...

just his telling me what's in there alone already made me drool and urge him to stop... before I sell my kid to pay for the mods he did...

The 18 inch wheels are just icing on the cake man... and the cake is fabulous...

he's my idol!
more poisonous than any of us here, we're only skimming the surface, he has gone full blown on the mods! hahahaha

twinx72
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by twinx72 » Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:32 am

Phuturist wrote:

he's my idol!
more poisonous than any of us here, we're only skimming the surface, he has gone full blown on the mods! hahahaha
MCDS,

Don't like that leh.......later I kena chio to go lane 8........Me only go for looks and safety......improve road holding and braking is my main concern before I really mod the car.......I have a K block waiting for me in the garage now......... :P :twisted: :P :twisted:

But, now the road is not safe to speed anymore.......so just drive slowly........Any bro in here please don't chio me ok.......I will most likely signal and give way to you..... :oops: :oops:

Phuturist,

Actually I just collected on the 9 March, when MCDS saw me that day was only Day 10.........more mod to do........ :twisted: :twisted:

List of mod at the moment :

18" rims
Lowering Springs
DC5 Anti-roll bar complete(Front and Back)
Wheel Knuckle to fit the complete front and rear big disc brake conversion
Open Pod Filter
HID
Rikecool
Fit back old speakers from old car.

So far no EMS(Engine Management System) yet, but will do that later. Totally different handling for the car now.......Few of my ES5 mates tried the car........love it so much as it feel different from the their set up........ :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Last edited by twinx72 on Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It is not how you dress the car,
but it is all about how you drive it.
It all boils down to the driver,
not the car..............Twin X

jeryltan
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut

Post by jeryltan » Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:17 am

Bro.. The DC5 anti-roll bar fits exactly for both front and rear? I was told only the rear will fit.. Was it the DC5R version?
twinx72 wrote: MCDS,

Don't like that leh.......later I kena chio to go lane 8........Me only go for looks and safety......improve road holding and braking is my main concern before I really mod the car.......I have a K block waiting for me in the garage now......... :P :twisted: :P :twisted:

But, now the road is not safe to speed anymore.......so just drive slowly........Any bro in here please don't chio me ok.......I will most likely signal and give way to you..... :oops: :oops:

Phuturist,

Actually I just collected on the 9 March, when MCDS saw me that day was only Day 10.........more mod to do........ :twisted: :twisted:

18" rims
Lowering Springs
Wheel Knuckle from EP3 to fit the complete front and rear big disc brake conversion
Open Pod Filter
HID
Rikecool

So far no EMS(Engine Management System) yet, but will do that later. Totally different handling for the car now.......Few of my ES5 mates tried the car........love it so much as it feel different from the their set up........ :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

twinx72
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by twinx72 » Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:01 pm

jeryltan wrote:Bro.. The DC5 anti-roll bar fits exactly for both front and rear? I was told only the rear will fit.. Was it the DC5R version?

Phuturist,

18" rims
Lowering Springs
Wheel Knuckle from EP3 to fit the complete front and rear big disc brake conversion
Open Pod Filter
HID
Rikecool

Got to adjust the exhaust(Cat Converter).......then can fit already

Phuturist
SHC Die Hard!!!
SHC Die Hard!!!

Post by Phuturist » Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:02 pm

twinx72 wrote:
jeryltan wrote:Bro.. The DC5 anti-roll bar fits exactly for both front and rear? I was told only the rear will fit.. Was it the DC5R version?

Phuturist,

18" rims
Lowering Springs
Open Pod Filter
HID
Rikecool

Got to adjust the exhaust(Cat Converter).......then can fit already
where u did it bro?
and how much? :twisted:

Bdevil
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by Bdevil » Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:04 pm

twinx72 wrote:
Phuturist wrote:

he's my idol!
MCDS,

Phuturist,

18" rims
Lowering Springs
Open Pod Filter
HID
Rikecool

hehe... feels like a conti car ride again....

twinx72
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by twinx72 » Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:08 pm

Bdevil wrote:
twinx72 wrote:
Phuturist wrote: he's my idol!
MCDS,

Phuturist,

18" rims
Lowering Springs
Open Pod Filter
HID
Rikecool

But now with 18" rims, cannot pull off as fast as your 17"......but it was really fun yesterday at P21's Traffic Light. Pulling off together......3rd gear only can see that your car is faster.

Bdevil
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by Bdevil » Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:10 pm

twinx72 wrote:
Bdevil wrote:

Phuturist,

18" rims
Lowering Springs
Open Pod Filter
HID
Rikecool

But now with 18" rims, cannot pull off as fast as your 17"......but it was really fun yesterday at P21's Traffic Light. Pulling off together......3rd gear only can see that your car is faster.
not forgetting u have another person in car.

twinx72
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by twinx72 » Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:12 pm

BDevil,

You got a mail in your hotmail......quick go to check

jeryltan
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut

Post by jeryltan » Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Oh ok.. Nice.. Will go look for a set :twisted: Where did you get your's from?
twinx72 wrote: Got to adjust the exhaust(Cat Converter).......then can fit already

twinx72
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by twinx72 » Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:38 pm

jeryltan wrote:Oh ok.. Nice.. Will go look for a set :twisted: Where did you get your's from?
twinx72 wrote: Got to adjust the exhaust(Cat Converter).......then can fit already
Espace Service, they usually do WRX......cos they are my usual Mech.

jeryltan
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut

Post by jeryltan » Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:49 pm

You brought it to them to install or bought from them? Don't mind can help me ask whether they got anymore? I don't know anybody there leh.. How much did you pay for them anywayz? And do you think EP3R ones will fit? Just in case someone wants to sell :) Sorry for asking so many questions..
twinx72 wrote: Espace Service, they usually do WRX......cos they are my usual Mech.