Unanswered topicsActive topics

change to tyre size 235/55/17 need advice....

Home Of The CrossroadeRs
jefferyjoel
4000rpm
4000rpm

Re: Fitting Grandtrek AT3

Postby jefferyjoel » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:06 pm

Kev10 wrote:Hi all

I am new to the forum and I am thinking of fitting the Dunlop Grandtrek AT3 (225/70/R16). I am fitting this after doing a 1.5 inch (4 cm) lift to the front and back. An alternative I am considering is the Yoko Geolander 215/70/R16 from Stamford tire also available with OWL.

Appreciate if you can share your experience with the Dunlop tire. I met a RAV4 driver there and he commented that the Dunlop will be noisier compared to the Yoko. I read a review on the Dunlop, the feedback was positive and that it said that it was designed to be quiet.

I am also not sure if it will be a problem clearing the fenders but I will share my exprience if I do the fitting. I already saw some fellow XRD drivers with this tire, hope you can let me know your experience.

Kev

once you raise ur ride, i doubt there'll be any problem with these tyre but do lookout if u go for steel rim with 0 or negative offset rims. i'm on 225/70 R16 dunlop at3 owl tyre, didn't raise my ride, so far so good, no rub fender as well. but confirm noisy :(

by e way, any1 knows how to "re-paint" the faded owl lettering? mine turning black soon...

Bad Data
5000rpm
5000rpm

Postby Bad Data » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:40 pm

jefferyjoel wrote:by e way, any1 knows how to "re-paint" the faded owl lettering? mine turning black soon...

Bro, no need to repaint, its a tedious process and furthermore the paint might not last. What i did was to spray it with strong cleaning solution (for my case i use my rim cleaner solution) leave it for a few minutes, use a brush, preferably those plastic brush, and brush it over. Voila! it'll be as clean as new. :wink:

oprimau
1000rpm
1000rpm

Postby oprimau » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:41 pm

Hi all, m looking to change a new set of tyres. Am currently using Yoko Geolandar 215/65/16. Any recommendations re the tyre shop and brand/specs? Thanks!

Jack2soniyal

Postby Jack2soniyal » Wed May 23, 2018 6:05 pm

Kev10 wrote:Hi all

I am new to the forum and I am thinking of fitting the Dunlop Grandtrek AT3 (225/70/R16). I am fitting this after doing a 1.5 inch (4 cm) lift to the front and back. An alternative I am considering is the Yoko Geolander 215/70/R16 from Stamford tire also available with OWL.

Appreciate if you can share your experience with the Dunlop Best pickup Tires. I met a RAV4 driver there and he commented that the Dunlop will be noisier compared to the Yoko. I read a review on the Dunlop, the feedback was positive and that it said that it was designed to be quiet.

I am also not sure if it will be a problem clearing the fenders but I will share my exprience if I do the fitting. I already saw some fellow XRD drivers with this tire, hope you can let me know your experience.

Kev

Bro I was looking for best car tires could you please tell me where is the best place to buy the best and top rated tires for my car, Thanks.

Return to “Crossroad”