Unanswered topics Active topics

Engine break down with bardahl oil

Automobile related topics
JusticeCg

Engine break down with bardahl oil

Post by JusticeCg » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:36 am

My friends are using Bardahl Oil for our engine in the past few years and this year we stopped it.  Because two engines have break down with this oil, we took some old oil and new oil to do some test. And the result coming out is not good.
SN 5W-40 Old oil (We save some oil before we change the oil)
Kinematic Viscosity, mm2/s @ 100C : 13.9
CCS @ -30C, cP : 5390
Pour Point, C : -39
TBN, mg KOH/g : 6.94
Phosphorus content % : 0.073

SN 5W-40 New oil (We bought some new oil from store)
Kinematic Viscosity, mm2/s @ 100C : 14.36
CCS @ -30C, cP : 6350
Pour Point, C : -36
TBN, mg KOH/g : 9.31
Phosphorus content % : 0.157

With all the API standard, these two oils are in spec. However, we put 4L new oil into my engine and after running 5000km my engine alarm light is on. I go check with the repair shop about it, there are 2L oil left in the engine and the oil is extremely dark and sticky with mud. Few of my friends have this issue also, two of their engine have break down with this oil. We ask the Bardahl office what happen with their oil and they keep pushing all the response away and sent us different report about their oil don’t have any problems.  We know that if there is a problem with a single car, we can let it go and try to fix it. However, there are more cars having these problems in these few months. And the Bardahl office accidentally cc me this email below during the conversation.

To: marine yeo

Dear Marine,
Next time, remember, don’t start the conversation by denying our responsibility out right (and of course can’t admit also) and just push away our responsibility before the actual cause is identified/determined. We have to remain neutral until we know the root cause (which in many cases very difficult to determine). That’s why I said “according to the context”. Tell them that we will test the used oil samples, check our retain sample before we can conclude anything. At the same time, 顺便 tell them other possible causes that may lead to the problem.
Thanks,
See Tho

After received this email, I ask for explanation of their attitude for solving the case and the they just make up a lot of excuses to avoid the oil and the email problems. I just ask all my friends to stop using their oil. This is a very terrible experience for us and for everyone who are using their oil, they sent us a lot of fake report to prove their oil is fine but I don’t believe it. And we are not going to use this oil anymore. Please be careful while choosing your engine oil. 

StreamZRSZ
2000rpm
2000rpm

Re: Engine break down with bardahl oil

Post by StreamZRSZ » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:17 am

wah very good heads up for all. lets skip this oil. i have used this oil on my old ride before i think once. but dont really like it.

c32b
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Re: Engine break down with bardahl oil

Post by c32b » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:26 pm

JusticeCg wrote:My friends are using Bardahl Oil for our engine in the past few years and this year we stopped it. Because two engines have break down with this oil, we took some old oil and new oil to do some test. And the result coming out is not good.
SN 5W-40 Old oil (We save some oil before we change the oil)
Kinematic Viscosity, mm2/s @ 100C : 13.9
CCS @ -30C, cP : 5390
Pour Point, C : -39
TBN, mg KOH/g : 6.94
Phosphorus content % : 0.073

SN 5W-40 New oil (We bought some new oil from store)
Kinematic Viscosity, mm2/s @ 100C : 14.36
CCS @ -30C, cP : 6350
Pour Point, C : -36
TBN, mg KOH/g : 9.31
Phosphorus content % : 0.157

With all the API standard, these two oils are in spec. However, we put 4L new oil into my engine and after running 5000km my engine alarm light is on. I go check with the repair shop about it, there are 2L oil left in the engine and the oil is extremely dark and sticky with mud. Few of my friends have this issue also, two of their engine have break down with this oil. We ask the Bardahl office what happen with their oil and they keep pushing all the response away and sent us different report about their oil don’t have any problems. We know that if there is a problem with a single car, we can let it go and try to fix it. However, there are more cars having these problems in these few months. And the Bardahl office accidentally cc me this email below during the conversation.

To: marine yeo

Dear Marine,
Next time, remember, don’t start the conversation by denying our responsibility out right (and of course can’t admit also) and just push away our responsibility before the actual cause is identified/determined. We have to remain neutral until we know the root cause (which in many cases very difficult to determine). That’s why I said “according to the context”. Tell them that we will test the used oil samples, check our retain sample before we can conclude anything. At the same time, 顺便 tell them other possible causes that may lead to the problem.
Thanks,
See Tho

After received this email, I ask for explanation of their attitude for solving the case and the they just make up a lot of excuses to avoid the oil and the email problems. I just ask all my friends to stop using their oil. This is a very terrible experience for us and for everyone who are using their oil, they sent us a lot of fake report to prove their oil is fine but I don’t believe it. And we are not going to use this oil anymore. Please be careful while choosing your engine oil.
Do u have pics of th engine oil or some print out of test results ?