Unanswered topics Active topics

Watermarks on windscreen/windows.

You like your car sparkling and clean? Here is where U can get tips
ydnaR
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by ydnaR » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:19 pm

I dont see why watermarks cannot be removed from glass..

I dont think water etches to the glass like paint do, i have removed water marks with a paint polish before. Megs M105 via DA.
Its good to live in a place where mainstream products are worth the dough.

The JDM gods blessed the minority.

YEN96
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut

Post by YEN96 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:54 pm

anyone uses newspapers to clean window, glass, mirrors. the old conventional way. Btw why newspaper ah ?? who can explain ??????

mugen_yaz
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by mugen_yaz » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:19 pm

can try rain x.....it helps to clean the water marks on the windscreen for my car.

SGPU
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Re: Watermarks on windscreen/windows.

Post by SGPU » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:41 pm

Mach wrote:
DeepBlue77 wrote:Hi bros,

Anyone here knows (or has experience of) how to get rid of watermarks on the glass windscreen and windows?

It's quite unsightly.

Get glass polish for cars from supermart or autobacs. Don't try other remedy like Mama-Lemon, Jiff, etc...

You don't want to solve a problem and introduce another ie. squeaky/juddery wiper sweeps...
my humble 2 cents
i don't think jiff is appropriate as it has particles which might scratch.

try claying and then follow by rain X. read the instruction clearly. i was using the product for a while and trying to shine my windscreen until i burst my underwear. then one fine day i couldn't take it anymore and sit down one corner and swear at the bottle. then i saw that fine line i missed. . . #$%^&*

note: the rain X applied aftermath causes trembling wiper.

i could live with it. shiny, clean windscreen is what i desire.

the squeaky or trembling wiper problem. i like to imagine. when your smooth surface, be it tiles or glass. when these smooth surface is clean it gives a 'clean rubbing' sound. but when you rub rubber over such surface. without a medium like water for example. that rubber however grips better.
people ask, why do i keep a safe following distance? so that others may do their lane changing ABRUPTLY. . .

essilor
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by essilor » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:10 pm

noelleon69 wrote:Finally got to do it today, this soft99 glass compound really works. Got rid of the streaks on all my windows :D Now to see how long before they come back.

Can't read jap and no english instruction, I just aga aga myself.
Hi noelleon69,
Care to share how u remove it.
Did u apply anything b4 using solf99 glass compound onto the glass. How much if cost. I also having this problem.
Thks

noelleon69
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by noelleon69 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:41 pm

essilor wrote:
noelleon69 wrote:Finally got to do it today, this soft99 glass compound really works. Got rid of the streaks on all my windows :D Now to see how long before they come back.

Hi noelleon69,
Did u apply anything b4 using solf99 glass compound onto the glass. How much if cost. I also having this problem.
Thks
Don't need to apply anything, just need to wet the glass first. Can't recall how much, $10+ range I think.

fiqueudrue
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by fiqueudrue » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:56 pm

rain x will do the job.
ive have tested it on my car.

BUT, u need to have few coating, example....
spray, wipe with 1st cloth, just wipe to clear the water droplet cause by spraying.
spray again, wipe with 1st cloth again. but this time add a bit of pressure to wipe(circular motion)

by now, your windscreen will not be clear.

use 2nd cloth, clean the windscreen.

by now, windscreen it clear. but not yet finish.

spray/splash water on it.

then apply rain x again.
one time spray of like 3 to 4 squeeze
clean using 3 cloth.

its a hassle but it work great on my car.
(not sure but the product can be diff but in this cae i use rain x)

essilor
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by essilor » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:40 am

noelleon69 wrote:
essilor wrote:

Hi noelleon69,
Thks
Don't need to apply anything, just need to wet the glass first. Can't recall how much, $10+ range I think.
Noted w thks

tlkchew
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by tlkchew » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:01 pm

SGPU wrote:
Mach wrote:
DeepBlue77 wrote:Hi bros,

Anyone here knows (or has experience of) how to get rid of watermarks on the glass windscreen and windows?

It's quite unsightly.

Get glass polish for cars from supermart or autobacs. Don't try other remedy like Mama-Lemon, Jiff, etc...

You don't want to solve a problem and introduce another ie. squeaky/juddery wiper sweeps...
my humble 2 cents
i don't think jiff is appropriate as it has particles which might scratch.

try claying and then follow by rain X. read the instruction clearly. i was using the product for a while and trying to shine my windscreen until i burst my underwear. then one fine day i couldn't take it anymore and sit down one corner and swear at the bottle. then i saw that fine line i missed. . . #$%^&*

note: the rain X applied aftermath causes trembling wiper.

i could live with it. shiny, clean windscreen is what i desire.

the squeaky or trembling wiper problem. i like to imagine. when your smooth surface, be it tiles or glass. when these smooth surface is clean it gives a 'clean rubbing' sound. but when you rub rubber over such surface. without a medium like water for example. that rubber however grips better.
I think can apply on all the other 5 windows then the front window not so bad coz wiper blade always swipe clean...

Last time i paid somebody to use machine to polish.. back windshield only about 80$. clean clean for about a year then stain comes back again.
i tink the glass just needs to constantly wash and clean..

gecko_19
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by gecko_19 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:59 am

I think u guys can try another product called the glaco from autobac. Will have the same effect as rain x. But it does cause judding to the wiper. But once u applied it may tak a long time to clean it n shine. Hope can help.

jryann

Post by jryann » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:42 pm

Has anyone tried those water repellant sprays? Does it work?

ae.leong

Post by ae.leong » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:00 pm

can try the windscreen coating. really helps, my windscreen hardly got marks and water droplets go off very quick.

jeremycai
Idling
Idling

Post by jeremycai » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:02 pm

A light polish of the windscreen should get the watermarks off and Gyeon Repel windscreen coating should keep those watermarks off permanently. So far so good on our end. Buzz me at 8686 5678 if anyone is interested. It lasts a good 30,000 kms. :)