Unanswered topics Active topics

Engine Check light on

Fit / Jazz model year 2008 onwards
nsr09
Idling
Idling

Engine Check light on

Post by nsr09 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:12 am

Anyone had a good place to check? 2008 Fit Engine check light on. My mech say is some exhaust sensor need to replace plus need to replace exhaust also. Will cost a bomb! Anyone got recomm workshop?

mz_hks
2000rpm
2000rpm

Re: Engine Check light on

Post by mz_hks » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:11 am

nsr09 wrote:Anyone had a good place to check? 2008 Fit Engine check light on. My mech say is some exhaust sensor need to replace plus need to replace exhaust also. Will cost a bomb! Anyone got recomm workshop?
I have the same issue with mine.
Might be o2 sensor on either banks or catalytic converter. Common problem for GE.
There's 2 ways to do this.

1st was like what you said, change o2 sensor for the 2 banks. (300 plus each if I remembered).
But that might not rectify the problem and you gotta change the catalytic converter (1K +/-)

2nd way is to bypass the ecu, you can check with Fong Kim/Paya Ubi.

There's a 3rd and most budget way though, hard reset by removing the car battery connector for a few minutes and then back on. (or OBD reader from your mech or purchase to erase error codes)
Maintaining your car on cruising highway at 2k RPM and above helps to prevent the check light on.
It can delay it from happening, but if slow cruising around 1.5k RPM will trigger the light-on earlier.
I can't guarantee the check engine light for the abv method of driving helps, but it does for my GE.

Hope this info helps :)
- Honda Fit [GE6]
- Honda Civic [FD1]