Just gotten the COE for our new Odyssey

New to SHC forum ?
We will guide you along here
Redhill
Idling
Idling

Just gotten the COE for our new Odyssey

Post by Redhill » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:34 am

Hi all, we are expecting the 5th family member in September 2016. Initially wanted to get the C4GP but all the workshop friends against it strongly. So in the end we booked an Odyssey. KM offered 2.18% bank loan through OCBC & DBS with $51K COE rebate. Since the trend of COE is going up and the margin for KM seems narrower now, we booked last saturday. Just few days later, we got the COE at $57K OMG.....everything happened so fast.....

I have some questions, some may sounds stupid so please bear with me ok?

I saw the default solar film is Vkool. Is it tinted evenly across all windows? I also saw some odyssey using lousy VKool stickers at the back window, some slightly better but none is using the 3D solid decal type of VKool logo. Just want to hear from you guys about the experience on VKool via KM.

Kena cheated by salesperson about the Absolute model, he said it's the same thing, only discovered they have better power but only PI carries them. So I know I can't beat the Absolute model if I see them on the road lol

As for the back cover, is it possible to modify it to be automated with a button?

ryangyh

Re: Just gotten the COE for our new Odyssey

Post by ryangyh » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:46 am

Hi there, new member here also. Me also trying to understand more about cars and accessories, so you are not alone. =D

I also obtained my COE in the Jun 2nd bidding @ S$57k, when you collecting your car?

Not sure on the Vkool solar film, I'm collecting mine next Friday, so may share a bit when I see the goods. I also have the same question for the automated boot, SG Car Mart said Kah Motor's model came with the auto car boot remote, but was told it was manual for all the models when I went to the Showroom.

They also gave me in car camera and additional S$1k discount though. I booked mine in early Jun'16 before the Jun'16 1st bidding. You were given any free perks?

Honda2016

Post by Honda2016 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:18 pm

Hey! That's 3 of us who got the same COE I think! I booked on the crazy weekend after the government announced the relaxation of the loan rules. :shock:

I've been looking at the Odyssey for over a year, but backed off hoping the COE would drop, should have booked when it hit 38k :oops:

Anyway, picking up next week! Yay! Very excited - my first Honda....and MPV! Love the sliding doors - that should be a minimum requirement for all MPVs!

I didn't get any free accessories unfortunately :( Opted for the Blackvue 2 Channel system for an extra $595.99 - thought it was an ok price.

I'm got the EXV-S without the entertainment screen and navigation as I think I can get cheaper outside (although I have no idea where!) or I can just hang my iPad off the back of the seats!

Hope the Honda gives me fuss free reliability for the next ten years like my previous ride!

Redhill
Idling
Idling

Post by Redhill » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:34 am

Didn't check the forum and wow, 3 of us! We are delaying the collection because we didn't know what to do with our current car.

Not sure about the 1K discount but gotten the camera for free.

I think we would collect around end of this month. How are you guys doing?

I was checking on the Applelink and Apple CarPlay, are you guys also using ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ryangyh

Post by ryangyh » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:29 pm

I think there are a lot more odyssey owners out there, been driving for a month and I've been seeing quite a lot on the road.

Haven't try out on the Applelink yet, what I read in the user manual is that we can only do screen mirroring from iPhone, and it has to be connected with the HDMI to USB cable. Will share when tested.

Let me know your FC once you get the car? Mine's hovering at about 8 to 8.5km/l with 70% city driving and 30% highway, with Econ mode on. Seems quite heavy on the fuel.

Redhill
Idling
Idling

Post by Redhill » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:53 pm

OMG, not even 10KM/L?

ryangyh

Post by ryangyh » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:32 pm

Ya it's really damn chi you. But went in Malaysia the other day, without Econ mode, highway can go up till 11km/l. Idling and stop and accelerate consumes a lot Fuel I guess.

Redhill
Idling
Idling

Post by Redhill » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:06 pm

What about using OBD to optimize fuel consumption ?

ryangyh

Post by ryangyh » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:24 pm

How to do that? Pardon my ignorance. Haha.

Redhill
Idling
Idling

Post by Redhill » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:23 am

Plug in a OBD device to the OBD port that can control the matrix of fuel efficient. But I scared no power. This car is 800kg heavier than outlander if I am not wrong :(