Warranty Issues at Kah Motor

Automobile related topics
kandinsky
Idling
Idling

Warranty Issues at Kah Motor

Post by kandinsky » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:46 am

Hi,

this is my maiden post in this forum and would like to check with you guys on honda warranty. I bought a jazz (awaiting delivery) and did not take up the free servicing package (after 20k km) and told them to give me a straight discount. The SE however told me that after the 20k servicing if i chose to service outside, it could risk the warranty as the engine oil used outside is different. for obvious reasons i don't think it makes to go back kah for a $200-300 servicing job each time as general servicing of small cars like jazz can cost less than $100 outside. Can kah just void the warranty for owners who decide to service their cars outside and is that a big issue I have to be concerned about?

TIA for your input on the matter.

canuck78
3000rpm
3000rpm

Re: Warranty Issues at Kah Motor

Post by canuck78 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:49 pm

Since you buy car from AD, why don't you go back for the servicing even though it's more expensive to maintain your 5y/100k warranty?

You can save the $ and service outside when it's out of warranty.

All AD are the same, if you don't go back during warranty period they can choose to void your warranty when you try to claim warranty repairs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kandinsky
Idling
Idling

Post by kandinsky » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:07 am

I was told by SE to keep receipt of all servicing done outside and use compatible oil and they won't void, is the SE to be believed?
canuck78 wrote:Since you buy car from AD, why don't you go back for the servicing even though it's more expensive to maintain your 5y/100k warranty?

You can save the $ and service outside when it's out of warranty.

All AD are the same, if you don't go back during warranty period they can choose to void your warranty when you try to claim warranty repairs.

canuck78
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by canuck78 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:23 am

It's up to you, but why take a risk when you do need to do warranty claim. It's your word against the SE, even if he or she is still around by then lol

kandinsky
Idling
Idling

Post by kandinsky » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:33 am

Ok, i got the point. Will probably just go with their servicing.