Unanswered topics Active topics

New Hybrids for sale now...Some questions

Honda's Hybrid technology, including the Civic Hybrid (FD3) and the Insight (ZE2)
fan.of.vtec
Idling
Idling

New Hybrids for sale now...Some questions

Post by fan.of.vtec » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:11 am

Hi Bros,

Recently i bought a Vezel Hybrid.
Jin Chio, like the Rear Lights of the car!

I got my car from HEV Pte Ltd, apparently, its a division of Huayang and they have acquired the workshop that many bros go to, hybridcar and renamed it to hevshop.

Huayang is the forerunner of the industry, a PI that concentrates on hybrid cars only. :clap:

Hybrid Models they bring in include the Honda Vezel, Shuttle, Toyota Sienta, Aqua(Prius C in Borneo, i'm told), Axio. A check with sgcarmart would reveal the price difference for petrol n hybrids range from $5k - $10k. Means now can buy liao, not like the past!

Not bad lah, and according to my PI, big hybrid cars like Odyssey, Estima etc they are not bringing it in as it would be expensive due to the initial high price.

Question I think ask bros here better:
1. If i'm away for 1 week or 1 mth, would it affect the hybrid battery?
2. Any Converter and Inverter problems so far in SG?
3. If hybrid battery spoils, how much would it cost to replace?
4. Servicing I suppose its the same price as normal cars? Any additional charges?
5. Anything I must take note of while driving a hybrid car?

Thank you for the help here!
Someone said: You are not who you are unless others say you are you....

jonathanzy

Re: New Hybrids for sale now...Some questions

Post by jonathanzy » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:41 pm

hey there hope im able to help you out
but if you need answers to your questions i think you can go visit their service centre site, it provides alot of useful information! http://hevshop.com

1. If i'm away for 1 week or 1 mth, would it affect the hybrid battery?
ans: if you are away for a week or 1 mth the battery would not be affected unless you leave your car out with no shelter. Keep it in a sheltered place to prolong the battery pack as Hybrid batteries like normal batteries are temperature sensitive

2. Any Converter and Inverter problems so far in SG?
you could read up the common mistakes at this guy's blog http://www.hevshop.com/#!Common-mistake ... 4e3fb79cc2

3. If hybrid battery spoils, how much would it cost to replace?
I think the price for this ranges not sure, but my friend got this hybrid toyota prius which had battery problems (etc rapid discharging and charging) so he went to a service centre for battery pack replacement but they told him his battery wasnt badly spoilt and could help him condition the battery pack back to optimal performance

4. Servicing I suppose its the same price as normal cars? Any additional charges?
hmm servicing costs i guess is about the same although i am not quite sure but hybrid cars have high voltage and current components that are different from their petrol counterparts (eg electric transmission, toyota prius does not have a starter motor unlike its petrol counterparts but uses a power split device)

5. Anything I must take note of while driving a hybrid car?
Hmm i guess its all about accelerating and braking gently? Also ive heard that you should maintain your hybrid battery regularly at a specialized shop dealing with hybrid cars as they have the equipment communicate with what your car needs. currently toyota and honda have totally different hybrid engine designs which require specific ways to service and would encounter unique problems. ( toyota uses a pure hybrid system which uses a power split device, but honda vezel hybrid uses a "dual clutch transmission""

Hope i can resolve some of your questions, correct me if i am wrong=)