Unanswered topics Active topics

Buying KM Odyssey - buy now or wait with new CoE changes?

triggerfish
3000rpm
3000rpm

Buying KM Odyssey - buy now or wait with new CoE changes?

Post by triggerfish » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:56 am

Dear all,
With the recently announced COE changes to include Hp & CC, I am wondering if I should commit and buy a KM EXV (RB3) now or should I wait further to see how it will panned out.

My thoughts at this moment is that Cat B will raise drastically as the pool from Cat A will be push to Cat B, thereby pushing COE for Cat B even higher.. Not sure if this is a correct analysis?

Anyone care to comment and share your thoughts on this???

Anyway, this is what I have been offered today from the SE..

Honda odyssey

6 bid non guarantee price is $174,900 (COE rebate 67k) or top up additional 3k for 6 bid guaranteed COE.
* Minus discount $1k for Honda to Honda trade in
* minus 1k discount insurance rebate from KM
* minus $500 discount
* promo interest rate of 1.88%
* come with full leather, bodykit and V-kool 83 solar film

Did you sign one recently from KM?
What was your deal like?
Any goodies/freebies you received in addition to the above listed?
What else should we be asking for??

Thanks.. Hope to join the Odyssey family soon.. Cheers! : )
<b>Triggerfish says "Moo"</b>

Ian
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Re: Buying KM Odyssey - buy now or wait with new CoE changes

Post by Ian » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:02 pm

I think you should wait for the new Odyssey to be launch by latest Feb 2014.

COE supply will be in much greater supply from 2014 to 2018 according to all sources......
triggerfish wrote:Dear all,
With the recently announced COE changes to include Hp & CC, I am wondering if I should commit and buy a KM EXV (RB3) now or should I wait further to see how it will panned out.

My thoughts at this moment is that Cat B will raise drastically as the pool from Cat A will be push to Cat B, thereby pushing COE for Cat B even higher.. Not sure if this is a correct analysis?

Honda odyssey

6 bid non guarantee price is $174,900 (COE rebate 67k) or top up additional 3k for 6 bid guaranteed COE.
* minus $500 discount

What was your deal like?

LousyHonda

Post by LousyHonda » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:29 pm

Odyssey had gearbox problem. In the US there is a recall but here KM did not recall them probably thinking singaporeans can pay. There is a class action ongoing against Honda for that problem. Ask any mechanic and it is a well known problem. Gearbox replacement cost 5-8K. Good luck if you plan to get one odyssey.

rjj
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by rjj » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:54 pm

the new ody will look very much like estima.....
Ford Laser 1.3, Suzuki GTI1.3. Alfa Romero 33 1.7,
Honda Civic 1.3, Mitsubishi GTI1.6, Honda Civic VTI1.6,
Honda Civic SIR1.6, Honda Interga 1.8, Subaru Lagacy RSK2.0,
Honda Odyssey 2.4, JDM EuroR 2.0

Ian
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by Ian » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:12 pm

Which Odyssey model year or make you referring to?

Am driving a RB1 since launched in 2004 bought brandnew.

The vehicle is so amazingly reliable that I am thinking of buying another new Odyssey when they launch it.

In the 9.5 years I owned the car, I have never spent more than $80 on labour on anything. Most expensive part I ever changed was brake pads $90 and timing belt tensioner $100. All due to normal wear and tear.

Hondafancy
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by Hondafancy » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:00 am

LousyHonda wrote:Odyssey had gearbox problem. In the US there is a recall but here KM did not recall them probably thinking singaporeans can pay. There is a class action ongoing against Honda for that problem. Ask any mechanic and it is a well known problem. Gearbox replacement cost 5-8K. Good luck if you plan to get one odyssey.
Wait till you hear some of the horror stories from expensive continental makes. My RB3 is coming to 5yrs now and I'e never encountered any issues at all. I am thinking of sticking back to a Honda accord or Lexus for my next car eventhough a Merc or a Bimmer is still within my budget for peace of mind.

Ian
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by Ian » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:12 pm

Totally agree with you. I have also been shopping around for a temporary car to tie me till the next COE bumper year from 2014 to 2018.

Was looking looking at the BMW740Li (2006 and 2007). The yearly depreciation was at an incredibly low $10k to $11K per year. Road tax about $4k a year.

What I noticed while shopping for these cars was that most owners spend at least $5k a year servicing the car (assuming no major issues). While those with issues or follow straightly by the book, easy blow $10k - $15K a year replacing wear and torn parts.

I haven't even spent $1,000 (on maintenance) throughout the lifespan of the car in the 9.5 years that I have owned my Odyssey.

Hondafancy wrote:
LousyHonda wrote:Odyssey had gearbox problem. In the US there is a recall but here KM did not recall them probably thinking singaporeans can pay. There is a class action ongoing against Honda for that problem. Ask any mechanic and it is a well known problem. Gearbox replacement cost 5-8K. Good luck if you plan to get one odyssey.
Wait till you hear some of the horror stories from expensive continental makes. My RB3 is coming to 5yrs now and I'e never encountered any issues at all. I am thinking of sticking back to a Honda accord or Lexus for my next car eventhough a Merc or a Bimmer is still within my budget for peace of mind.

ianphua
2000rpm
2000rpm

Re: Buying KM Odyssey - buy now or wait with new CoE changes

Post by ianphua » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:05 am

triggerfish wrote:Dear all,

Honda odyssey

* minus $500 discount

What was your deal like?

Why not wait to get the new Odyssey in 2014? It has sliding doors.. very handy.

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/57387/ ... al-website
Honda Odyssey 2011