Noisy Windscreen Wiper

Civic model year 2000 -2005
ChowHousehold
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Noisy Windscreen Wiper

Post by ChowHousehold » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:31 pm

Hi all,

I think this issue may not be new. I've sat in many cars and taxi to realise that our ES wipers are unusually noisy and ineffective (leaves residual droplets after sweeping). It's strange to see how the wipers in many taxis (including the aged Toyota Crown) are working so quietly and effectively.

Has any bro managed to overcome this issue permanently? I've heard of going to autobacs which has a certain package. I've tried that and the issue recurs again in weeks. I've also tried changing the windscreen twice. At least, the latest one stops the wiper from juttering....

Is the issue an alignment of the wiper rods? or is there something that any one of you discovered? I would love to hear from you.
"Don't bother blasting your horns at Road Hogs! Just BLAST your speakers and FLOOR your Accelerator!"

rOcH
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut

Post by rOcH » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:50 pm

There could be many reasons for wipers to jutter and the cause may not limit to only one source. Solving one source may temporarily cease the juttering but it will return eventually which is what you have tried and experience.

Therefore, you may need to solve multiple areas in one go.

Anyway, it is too long to write here, so got time attend the meet up session. It is easier to chat than write. By the way, i would love to receive a free drink since talking makes one thirsty :lol: :lol: :lol:

cheers!

sebastian28
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by sebastian28 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:59 am

When is the meetup session?

sebastian28
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by sebastian28 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:49 pm

when is the next meet up?

MCDS
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator

Post by MCDS » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:39 pm

Meetups are held every Friday night from 10.30 pm till whenever we feel like leaving...

Meetups are arranged and announced on the fly through the ES Singapore Facebook page, or if you wish whatsapp group...

pm me if you want to be notified... but be 'warned' the chatter in there can be overwhelming... hahaha...

Freedom isn't Free, it costs people like you and me... Freedom costs a buck 'o five....

MCDS
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator

Post by MCDS » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:43 pm

On the note on the wiper being nice and quiet I know the taxi trick...

on your water reservoir tank, fill it up with water.

ADD 3-5 drops of mama-lemon dish washing liquid into the reservoir. if you can, stir it a bit...

when rain, spray a bit of the washer while wiping ... then all will be SILENT...

but beware... if you notice the taxi wipers... it's not 'totally' dry on the wipe... it just wipe... you have to see it to understand what I mean... if you don't like the results, then you need to clean out your water reservoir and flush it till it's clear of the dish washing liquid...

ok?

The other thing is to buy a new set of wiper every 4 months... shud be ok leow hahaha...

Freedom isn't Free, it costs people like you and me... Freedom costs a buck 'o five....