Unanswered topics Active topics

Clearing Delsol's Choked Rear Windscreen

KG61
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Clearing Delsol's Choked Rear Windscreen

Post by KG61 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:03 pm

Not many delsol left. Subforum very inactive. Nonetheless, shall share this in case there are any delsol owners who face this problem. You will know if, after a downpour, you hear water 'swishing' sound when you turn, or wet carpet, or inner side of windows fog up.

Step 1 - Removing Panels
- Remove center console (arm rest)
- Remove center back panel (grey color usually.. directly below rear windscreen)
- Remove both rear speakers
- Remove rear center console (the one with 2 compartments)

Step 2 - Clearing Choke The Easy Way
- Spot the 2 black flexi hose on both side of the petrol pump, directly below e rear windscreen setup frame (black panel)
- Remove the bottom end of the hose (very easy, just lightly pull out). Refer to Photo 1.
- Use a flexi object, eg wire, and push upwards... push thru a few times
- If this works, the water up in the 'reservior' should start flowing out.
- Reattach the flexi hose (you shd see a small extension.. this goes into e hole of car too. There is a 'catch' area about 1cm from e end of e hose. Push all these back into e hole
- Pour more water thru e back of e windscreen so you can clear any dirt
- Reassemble all the panels
- If this fails.... haiz.... follow Step 3.
PHOTO 1 – Flexi Hose

Step 3 - Stripping the Rear Windscreen Frame
- This method is better as you can clear/clean the whole water catchment area.
- Loosen the bottom 2 bolts but do not remove. Loosen enough till washer doesn't obstruct the frame when u pull it out. Refer to Photo 2 where these 2 bolts are
- Remove 5 bolts on each side of the frame (only those along e sides. NOT those in the middle). Refer to Photo 3 & 4. Five bolts on each side
- Remove whole rear windscreen frame (remb to unplug the power plug). Refer to Photo 5 for rear windscreen.
- Clear drainage hole and flexi hose. Refer to Photo 6 showing e hole and flexi hose.
- I used a wire, push it through slowly. Tie a knot at the other end so it helps to really CLEAR the hose. Repeat process a couple of times
- Reattached flexi hose back to the hole. Pour water.
- Repeat the wire and water process twice to ensure everything is cleared.
- You may want to buy a gasket silicon to reglue the windscreen frame.
- Reassemble back everything

PHOTO 2 – Do Not Remove Fully (Spanner pointed at bolt)

PHOTO 3 – Left Side. 5 Bolts to be Remove

PHOTO 4 – Right Side. 5 Bolts to be Remove

PHOTO 5 – Rear Windscreen Removed

PHOTO 6 – Drainage Hole and Flexi Hose (right side)

P/S : Since the whole rear is stripped. Take e chance to clean it thoroughly. Also, spray WD40 on the bolts and any potential rust spots before reassembling it back.

PHOTO 7 - Clean Clean Swee Swee

kelvinwangkewen
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut

Post by kelvinwangkewen » Sat May 12, 2012 12:48 pm

nice! nice to see active delsol! :P
EG5 . DC5

KG61
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by KG61 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:26 pm

This sub-forum has been totally quiet since last year. I happened to bump into a delsol bro yesterday on SLE after midnight (considered today). He was in a yellow delsol, nicely done, beauty!!!

Anyway... My delsol days may be numbered.

Having own this babe since May 2006, driven it for 7yrs 2mths, and not gotten tired of it till date, not even once.

But now that the car is catching on in age, plus a small accident couple of days ago, I'm struggling if I should repair the damage and change worn out parts, or just scrap it and move on.

If I do scrap, there are some decent parts that any delsol bros may be keen to get from me. Quote me a decent price.

That includes:
- rewrap leather seats (good leather - copper kind of color)
- rewrap door panels same leather)
- rewrap pillars (pvc)
- RSM, auto timer
- floor mat (matching color to seat

Can't recall what else is still good. Just drop me a PM or reply. Need to respond super fast. I may decide on e fate of my ds anytime this weekend (or may continue driving awhile more)