Unanswered topics Active topics

car jerking when accelerating between 40 to 70kmh

Home Of The AirwaveRs
pfeet

car jerking when accelerating between 40 to 70kmh

Post by pfeet » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:05 pm

I am driving a 2010 airwave and recently My vehicle will jerk when accelerating from 40 to 80km/h and brought to a workshop which connected the engine diagnostic device and confirmed gear box got problem. Brothers, any advice on this? Now the mechanic stated that gearbox repair will be at least 4k which is painful. He remove the drain plug from the gearbox and there is black residue substances on the plug, he stated this is the wear off material residue inside the gearbox but i check online, it is normal to have this residue.

Pls advise

thanks
Kenneth

wkb87

Re: car jerking when accelerating between 40 to 70kmh

Post by wkb87 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:14 pm

pfeet wrote:I am driving a 2010 airwave and recently My vehicle will jerk when accelerating from 40 to 80km/h and brought to a workshop which connected the engine diagnostic device and confirmed gear box got problem. Brothers, any advice on this? Now the mechanic stated that gearbox repair will be at least 4k which is painful. He remove the drain plug from the gearbox and there is black residue substances on the plug, he stated this is the wear off material residue inside the gearbox but i check online, it is normal to have this residue.

Pls advise

thanks
Kenneth

Hi i have this issue too last few months, was panic. i think i can help u. please check your spark plugs.. should be first two plug got burned out. please dont tio con by the mechinic.. CHECK SPARK PLUG

=S=

Post by =S= » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:16 pm

Hi Bro pfeet,

May I know did you solve your jerking issue which posted here? I changed my spark plugs doesn't help. My airwave 08 still jerk during ramping up the rpm from 1,5 to 2 and the speedometer accelerating from 40 to 60kmh, after 70/80 become ok. Sometime the rpm skip between 2 and 1, is like the gear changing not so smooth. My mechanic asked me to change the whole throttle body, I took the advice from Bro Jengwe who is expert over here to change the spark plugs first before go into gear box problem.

jengwe
2000rpm
2000rpm

In motion jerking - Its a different animal altogether

Post by jengwe » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:45 am

Hi to all,

what you describe is something I have not experienced so the remedy solution to your problem is expected to be different. I am surprise when my name is quoted for this problem.

What I have resolved is Start/Stop Shudder, Rpm Jump and Moving Off Shudder. So please be clear and concise. I think understanding english will help much.

If rpm keeps shifting around when the vehicle is at the speed of 40-70km/hr, I think its mentioned as "Rpm Hunting" in the net, which will indicate some form of gearbox failure, either from too much accumulated metal residue or wear due to neglected gearbox fluid change or wrong fluid used. It has to be either HMMF or CVTF, NO ATF.

You all can try the 3 areas that I have indicated :
1. Spark Plugs and Ignition Coil burn out.
2. Clean TB and IAC separately to as pristine a condition.
3. CVTF change out through Burnish and Flush.

If all that doesn't show any slight factor of improvement, Your gearbox is definitely on its way out.

If there is blinking "D" at your dashboard meter, some gerabox related electrical sensor is down.

Hope this summary helps. But I am also speculating on the remedy for this described symptom.

You can either do it yourself and learn something or pay the mech and hopefully learn that you are not a carrot.

=S=

Post by =S= » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:08 pm

Hi Bro Jengwe,

Don't be angry, I doesn't mean that way. As my car also having a same start/Stop shuddering and moving off shudder so I cleaned my throttle body and replace PCV and rubber gourmet in the workshop, it improved a lot.

Nevertheless, Just few day ago, found this rpm hunting issue. After reading this forum, cannot find the exact similar issue so I decided to change the spark plugs and refill the CVTF gear oil hope that all this issue somehow is linked.

However, at the 30th Lunar day even worse...car seem like cannot accelerate after 80kmh, it like gear disengagement after 80kmh, the rpm fluctuating between 2 and 3. Sometime the gear disengagement also happened during 40 to 60kmh. So really need expert like you to give some advice.

Thanks,
Alex

lancer691
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by lancer691 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:16 pm

Hi Guys, My 08 airwave driven by my brother now also encounter similiar issue.We r worried as ours is a 7-speed pedal shift gearbox. We choose the basic problem shooting is change the sparks plug and everything is smooth now. Hope bros out there have solve ur issues.
1995-1997-EP70(1.5 with weber)
2000-2002-EG9(1.8 with 4.9 LSD)
2002-2004-EG8(ZC with high comp & 4.5 LSD)
2004-2011-CB4(1.8 turbo)
2011-2012-GJ1(Cosmectic Mod)
2012-2016-BL5(Cosmectic Mod)
2016-2017-GDA Ver 9(Cosmectic Mod)
2017-____-E90 N46

vin_tys

Post by vin_tys » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:11 am

Hi to all,

My 07 airwave is also facing this problem for the past few months...

I have already replace ignition coil, spark plug, HMMF fluid & clean throttle body but the problem is still not solved.

Does anyone out there have a solution yet???

Meanwhile Im just keeping my finger crossed, hoping that its not gearbox issue... cos that would cost a bomb.

Hope to get some advise

Thanks

Vince

Alan B

Post by Alan B » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:05 pm

Hi, my car has also developed similar symptoms when trying to accelerate at speeds over 50k/hr.
So, a question for the people that posted about having these problems over the past year: Did you solve the issues? Did the problem go away? Did your gearbox eventually give up and need replacing?