2000rpm
2000rpm

Hond Kindda admitting their design issue with Airwave CVT

Post by jengwe » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:06 pm

Hi all,

go check out this article at the below URL

http://www.world.honda.com/news/2011/41 ... index.html

The statement of interest is
"The torque converter replaced the start clutch arrangement of the previous CVT unit, giving improved parking speed drivability"

In engineer speak, improving the jerk/shudder issues.

But don't lose hope. The jerk won't go away but with careful use and maintenance, the nightmare of complete tranny replacement is almost unwarranted.

Cheers

Pico_d
3000rpm
3000rpm

Re: Hond Kindda admitting their design issue with Airwave CV

Post by Pico_d » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:44 am

[quote="jengwe"]Hi all,

go check out this article at the below URL

http://www.world.honda.com/news/2011/41 ... index.html

The statement of interest is
"The torque converter replaced the start clutch arrangement of the previous CVT unit, giving improved parking speed drivability"

In engineer speak, improving the jerk/shudder issues.

But don't lose hope. The jerk won't go away but with careful use and maintenance, the nightmare of complete tranny replacement is almost unwarranted.

Cheers[/quote]

Hi Jengwe,

I just got an Airwave 2 days ago. Pretty happy with it, and I was abusing a 2002 2G City before that for 10 years.

Been reading your posts in the forum and your info is always very insightful - so just want to thank you for your contribution here. Newbies like me do learn so much from you.

Its interesting how they've replaced the start clutch arrangement for the CVT. Did you ever have issues with your start clutch?

Cheers!
Pico_d

pentux
Idling
Idling

Post by pentux » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:22 am

sorry newbie here. i am going to purchase a 2009 airwave and after seeing like so many issues with jerking, not sure is it wise or not...how to test the car got such issues? do u tink STA evaluation will notice it?