Unanswered topics Active topics

Questions for Ex FD3 (Honda civic Hybrid) owner (SDB13XXH)

Honda's Hybrid technology, including the Civic Hybrid (FD3) and the Insight (ZE2)
wsg
2000rpm
2000rpm

Questions for Ex FD3 (Honda civic Hybrid) owner (SDB13XXH)

Post by wsg » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:15 am

Hi

After some personal thorough check and a STA inspection, i sign on the line. So I took over your FD3 (Honda civic Hybrid) 2weeks ago.So far its a very good car in wonderful condition.
I am not too sure if you are in this forum but i would like to ask the below qns anyway...

1) Is the warranty of the FD3 still valid since you did not go to the PI designated workshop for servicing (I see that your servicing stop after 20k, cos there is not more record and the workshop on your windscreen mention another workshop)
2) Why did you change the IMA battery. The 2nd hand car dealer told me you did so but never mention the reason
3) After the STA inspection you are involve in a slight "accident", care to share what happen? (is that the reason for qn2?)
4) Your tires look new, may i know when did you last change them (the uncle at the tyre shop say that the tires must have been replaced before cos it look quite new at 40K++)
5) Any other things about the car that you want to share??

** you can PM me if you do not want to discuss publicly
Thanks and have a great day!!

P.S those who happen to know the ex owner, pls help me relay to him also
Thanks

nikeian
3000rpm
3000rpm

Possiblity of changing the IMA battery

Post by nikeian » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:15 am

I would like to share a possible reason for the previous owner in changing the IMA battery.

The 1st batch of Civic Hybrid had little issues and had lower frequencies of Start-stop technology. It is the same engine with some modifications, came from the 1st Honda Insight (year 2000 model)

Just a fun fact: Civic Hybrid was never supposed to be a Pure Hybrid car design. It just an idea from Honda to merge with a normal car, fitted with a IMA battery. Giving better fuel efficiency.

Newer Civic Hybrid owners need not to worry as they have fine tune the battery. Previous owners just need to monitor as not all 1st Batch are affected. This IMA battery is suppose to last you for 9-10 years.

Hope this helps for you.

bharatharock

Honda Civic FD3 Hybrid battery

Post by bharatharock » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:13 pm

Hi frndz,
I hav Honda Civic Hybrid FD31301442 (2008). i have hybrid battery problems now. does anyone know any place to buy this battery?
i heard somebody that this battery can be dismantal and replace cells which is spoild. is it true ? then whrere can i buy these cells in singapore? thank u.