Unanswered topics Active topics

stains on next wash after wax/polish

You like your car sparkling and clean? Here is where U can get tips
Asuma
Idling
Idling

stains on next wash after wax/polish

Post by Asuma » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:52 am

After washing, claying, I will apply polish/wax (s*nax nano 2), but during the next weekly wash, stains will appear when I wash my car. The stains will appear as if I had removed some of the polish with each wipe of the sponge and some dirt have etched onto the paint.

My wax dun last, no water beading after 1 week, I had tired, w*xco, m*guiars, s*nax. It must be something I do wrongly.

Mugen Boi
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON
Location: Lor Ah Soo, Potong Pasir, Bishan, Leng Kee, Hillview

Post by Mugen Boi » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:29 pm

polish n wax is 2 different thing

basic is 1st wash, 2nd clay, 3rd polish, 4th wax while the 5th step sealant is optional but best 2 have

if polish by machine will remove most of the stains while if by hand will not b so gd

usually if proper waxing n using of appropriate car shampoo, will last abt a week

stiener
2000rpm
2000rpm

Re: stains on next wash after wax/polish

Post by stiener » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:33 pm

Asuma wrote:After washing, claying, I will apply polish/wax (s*nax nano 2), but during the next weekly wash, stains will appear when I wash my car. The stains will appear as if I had removed some of the polish with each wipe of the sponge and some dirt have etched onto the paint.

My wax dun last, no water beading after 1 week, I had tired, w*xco, m*guiars, s*nax. It must be something I do wrongly.
You might want to redo the thing again.

Wash your car with car shampoo.
Clay all the surface of your car.
Remove all previous sealant and wax using a degreaser (meant for car paint).
Remove stains or marks using a cleaner wax.
Apply a thin and even coat of sealant and buff off after it has cured (initial).
Apply your last step product (LSP) typically a thin and even layer of wax and buff off after cured (initial).

See if it helps.