Unanswered topics Active topics

EDIX Query

yctrading
Idling
Idling

EDIX Query

Post by yctrading » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:40 am

Dear all,

Just wanna find out more about EDIX before continuing my search for one.
How available are the spare parts for the edix? Engine wise or parts wise?
How about accessories or modification wise?
I'm looking to get a 05 or 06 EDIX that is relatively cheap so I can drive it for about 2-3 years before I make my next change

Thanks for any input!!

kaile2002
2000rpm
2000rpm

Re: EDIX Query

Post by kaile2002 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:44 pm

yctrading wrote:Dear all,

Just wanna find out more about EDIX before continuing my search for one.
How available are the spare parts for the edix? Engine wise or parts wise?
How about accessories or modification wise?
I'm looking to get a 05 or 06 EDIX that is relatively cheap so I can drive it for about 2-3 years before I make my next change

Thanks for any input!!
Ok, I'll to give my personal opinion and view as a ex-edix owner .

Q1: How available are the spare parts for the edix? Engine wise or parts wise?

ANS: I do not have any issue with spare parts or engine. No major change of parts throughout my 4 years ownership of my 1.7l model. I guess as long you donlt get in accident, then no need to change parts like bumper, hoot, doors etc.. I actually bumped my rear during the 1st month of ownership while reversing to park my car (and at the same time talking on my mobile phone (handsfree).. got too distracted and new to the car, I bump onto a pillar (blind spot). Not major damage, just bumper cracked at one corner, and the right tail lamp chipped (not visible). No dent to metal part of the boot

But being new car, I decided to have them changed. So order from Waterloo Street dealer. Tail lamp happend to have stock but back bumper took 4 weeks to arrive from Japan. By then I've change my tail lamp and my reapir shop make good of my slighly cracked bumper to mint condition! Too bad cannot cancel the order for bumper. So end up bumper in my store room for the last 4 yrs. Tail lamp I think cost about $300, while bumper cost $500 plus.

So lesson learnt: if slight damage to bumper, no need to change bumper. And install a reverse camera! :-)

As for engine, I understand it use the same engine as Civic (The 1.7l version). I;ve no problem with the engine for 4 yrs.

Q2: How about accessories or modification wise?
ANS: If you are talking about original Honda OEM accessories specifically design for Edix, , then not much accessories to choose from in Singapore. You have to order from Japan I ordered the original Edix fog light wiich cost me close to $600. It fits to stock bumper. My ride have no body kit. I was tryng to look for more accessories like Projector HID headlamp to install but gave up after many futile attemps.

If you willing to spend, you can change the exhaust, install Mugen Bodykit, coilover, strut bars etc...

I installed DVD screen (removable) on the centre seat head rest for my kids., strut bar, tounner cover, sports rims.

Generally, Edix served me well for 4 yrs. I was actually looking at Honda Stream at PI's showroom back in 2006, but end up buying Edix instead.

PROS
1) It is spacious and sit 6 pax. I don't really need 7 seaters;

2) With ability to carry one more passenger, I don;t have to give up the boot space! The boot can put up to 4 golf bags.

3) Higher driver position, can see further. Now that I;ve switched back to normal sedan ride, it's so much more streessful when tailgating during morning slow traffic on expressway.
:cry:

4) Unique and rare (back then), I drive to JB also not scared people steal my car. No demand in Malaysia for Edix compared to CRV, Harrier, Civic, Stream, Rav 4

CONS
1) Get the 2.0l if possible if you're travelling Malaysia NS highway often. While 1.7l can give me up to 160km speed with 3 adults and 3 golf bags, it's taxing on the engine. BHowever, if Singapore driving, 1.7l more than enough for your daily needs.

2) Insurance premium slightly higher (for valid reason) compared to popular model like Stream, Civic, Altis;

3) Used car dealers will try to squeeze your price when u decided to sell, citing not popular model car lah etc... But then they sold my ride within 2 weeks after I handover to them. knn.... :x

If your intention is to ride for 2-3 yrs. Edix is not a bad option.

Just my 2 cents opinion.

Good luck.