Digital RPM & Speed Readout on the CU2

Honda's latest 8th generation Accord
lingamair
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Digital RPM & Speed Readout on the CU2

Post by lingamair » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:56 pm

Hello,

Was playing around with my CU2 and found that there is a way to display your RPM & Speed readout on the OEM HU.

This works regardless if the engine is started or not, but it'll probably be nicer if its started.

1. Switch off your headunit.
2. Press "1" and "6" and the power button together to get into the diagnostic mode.
3. Once in the diagnostic mode (you'll see DIAG on the screen), press the "SCAN" button multiple times until you come to a setting that says "NE0000 VSP000" (if engine not started) or "NE0728 VSP000" (if engine started; the NE numbers change).
4. The "NE" number represent your RPM, and VSP represent your speed.
5. I've noticed that the VSP is more accurate than the speedo display. Its almost on par with my GPS speed up to around 100 (never been above 100 with this mode).

BTW, you can press the "ON" button again if you want the radio to be switched on.

So there you have it.. something I've found in my last 2 weeks as a Honda owner.

There are other settings, but I really dont know what they mean.

Also other things you can do.. at the main menu, pressing "3" will show you all the icons available in the HU, and pressing "3" again will clear the screen. Havent found any other button that makes interesting things happen.