Unanswered topics Active topics

Toda Fightex

Home Of The Accordians
Nova
4000rpm
4000rpm

Toda Fightex

Post by Nova » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:06 pm

Fightex Coilover got different versions?? Cos I see some people say sell off the soft ones to get the harder ones.

I'll probably need something that is soft for day to day...then adjust to a bit harder for track...also to look good lah :)...any particular model to look out for?
Powered By LTA Compliant Parts

hifi1
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by hifi1 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:15 pm

Toda has only 1 model for cl7r. It provides for diff spring rate depending on the needs of the driver so u can order specific spring rate for ur needs. It can be adjusted to hard or soft depending on ur needs. Some serious trackies may find the hardest setting is still not satisfactory for track, hence the comment that it is not hard enuf. If the hardest setting on the fightex is still not ahrd enuf, I doubt any other so call road going coilovers will be that hard... cos it is meant for road first and foremost.

I am on fightex, normal spring and on middle setting oredi good enuf for me. dont want to go even harder and it has a few more clicks hehehe. Good enuf for me.
Why everything I like I cannot afford and LTA cannot passed?

ml2spin
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by ml2spin » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:01 pm

hifi1 wrote:Toda has only 1 model for cl7r. It provides for diff spring rate depending on the needs of the driver so u can order specific spring rate for ur needs. It can be adjusted to hard or soft depending on ur needs. Some serious trackies may find the hardest setting is still not satisfactory for track, hence the comment that it is not hard enuf. If the hardest setting on the fightex is still not ahrd enuf, I doubt any other so call road going coilovers will be that hard... cos it is meant for road first and foremost.

I am on fightex, normal spring and on middle setting oredi good enuf for me. dont want to go even harder and it has a few more clicks hehehe. Good enuf for me.
Our bones are getting creaky -- either that or local roads are getting worse!!
ImageImageImage

Jimbotan
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by Jimbotan » Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:05 pm

ml2spin wrote:
hifi1 wrote:Toda has only 1 model for cl7r. It provides for diff spring rate depending on the needs of the driver so u can order specific spring rate for ur needs. It can be adjusted to hard or soft depending on ur needs. Some serious trackies may find the hardest setting is still not satisfactory for track, hence the comment that it is not hard enuf. If the hardest setting on the fightex is still not ahrd enuf, I doubt any other so call road going coilovers will be that hard... cos it is meant for road first and foremost.

Our bones are getting creaky -- either that or local roads are getting worse!!
KPE sux big time in terms of bumps
My car is fast....... But I am slow :wink:

Gymrat76
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by Gymrat76 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:21 pm

I find it quite noisy leh..

actually, how long do the coilovers last anyway before you need to change?

transparent_days
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by transparent_days » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:20 pm

Just a question...does this coilover have sound?

jemckh
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by jemckh » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:20 pm

bro, I think all coils have sound... only how much....

confirm no sound -> stock :twisted:

hifi1
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by hifi1 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:33 pm

transparent_days wrote:

Just a question...does this coilover have sound?
I have not experience so call 'sound'. Maybe my ear no good or I dont drive hard enuf. Compared to Flex, my Toda is stock 'sound'. I am happy.
Why everything I like I cannot afford and LTA cannot passed?

Honsim
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by Honsim » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:22 pm

How to adjust the stiffness of the spring and any workshop to recommendment?

scratchyz
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by scratchyz » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:07 pm

Honsim wrote:How to adjust the stiffness of the spring and any workshop to recommendment?
spring rate cannot adjust..u can only adjust the damping of the absorber...

jemckh
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by jemckh » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:27 pm

damping easy to adjust..... plug and play kind..... just use the allen key and make the tunning urself....

Nova
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by Nova » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:06 pm

so if i buy from the bros here, i should go for the normal springs rate...any model or part number??
also, how much does it lower the car by??? don't want to reverse into curb ah...

tks