Unanswered topics Active topics

CL7R Tuning for low end and mid level torque

Home Of The Accordians
scratchyz
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by scratchyz » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:11 am

pReTeNd3R wrote:Just to check, for spoon & J's pnp ecu....will it over ride the immobliser n keyless entry?
if i recall, for j's racing ecu, they will disable the immobiliser,,

Speed-R
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by Speed-R » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:30 pm

aust1n wrote:So if I'm only gonna change the ECU with no change to the internals and exhaust, the J's Racing one, although drinking more fuel, would give more gain than the Spoon one, right?
Bro if you intend to keep as stock,than no point waste $$ to change the ECU,it will no diff from stock ECU mush,just vtec kickin early and can hit up to 9K+ rpm for J's.still need to tune on the mid with mod that will gain better by changing the ECU :)

Speed-R
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by Speed-R » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:33 pm

Bimmer wrote:
pReTeNd3R wrote:Just to check, for spoon & J's pnp ecu....will it over ride the immobliser n keyless entry?
not sure abt keyless...the flashing key will be there....you can still use your orignal key to remote lock the car.
Bro, can disable the flashing key light lur :)

Bimmer
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by Bimmer » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:01 pm

Speed-R wrote:
Bimmer wrote:
not sure abt keyless...the flashing key will be there....you can still use your orignal key to remote lock the car.
Bro, can disable the flashing key light lur :)
ya i know, behind the steering columm...but lazy to do it...just leave it there lor...at least it lets me know that its connect and working...hahaha :lol: :lol:

aust1n
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by aust1n » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:11 pm

Ok, I'm changing this topic to CL7R tuning to be more accurate

aust1n
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by aust1n » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:14 pm

To have better acceleration, we would need more torque at low end and mid level, right?

What would be the most effective parts for developing a better acceleration?

ml2spin
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by ml2spin » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:21 pm

aust1n wrote:To have better acceleration, we would need more torque at low end and mid level, right?

What would be the most effective parts for developing a better acceleration?
If you don't want to do stuff to engine and exhaust and ECU, I think you have to lighten the car, especially unsprung weight like rims, tyres and install a 5.1 final drive for the transmission.
ImageImageImage

aust1n
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by aust1n » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:31 pm

ml2spin: Wouldn't the final drive privilege top end rather of low and mid torque?

Bimmer
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by Bimmer » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:56 pm

aust1n wrote:ml2spin: Wouldn't the final drive privilege top end rather of low and mid torque?
nope, Final drive will makes your pick up faster but less rev in the top end to reach top speed.

hifi1
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by hifi1 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:51 pm

Hi

Bro aust1n wants stock...final drive u need to take out gear box amidst small operation. No way to improve torque when stock.... actually no way to imrpove torque by a lot even when u mod except maybe supercharged ur car!

U want better driveability, u need to change air intake and exos at least. And the mods I mentioned cpomes in. If u want stock, then as I suggest, go change the Mugen suspension. When u drive fast, at least u feel shiok. If u like cornering fast, get the camber kits.

Getting ECU on stock car not so obvious change. I have been driving this car for 5 yrs and this is a topic I kept on thinking abt...if I can have more torque, it will be a perfect car for me but after many $$$$ still no solution except maybe stroke up the car...but still torque not so great. Want more torque, change another car hehehe
Why everything I like I cannot afford and LTA cannot passed?

Louis V
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut

Post by Louis V » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:39 pm

hifi1 wrote:Hi

Bro aust1n wants stock...final drive u need to take out gear box amidst small operation. No way to improve torque when stock.... actually no way to imrpove torque by a lot even when u mod except maybe supercharged ur car!

U want better driveability, u need to change air intake and exos at least. And the mods I mentioned cpomes in. If u want stock, then as I suggest, go change the Mugen suspension. When u drive fast, at least u feel shiok. If u like cornering fast, get the camber kits.

Getting ECU on stock car not so obvious change. I have been driving this car for 5 yrs and this is a topic I kept on thinking abt...if I can have more torque, it will be a perfect car for me but after many $$$$ still no solution except maybe stroke up the car...but still torque not so great. Want more torque, change another car hehehe
Yeah bro, change another car! but pls, not another CL7R

free2d
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by free2d » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:54 pm

Bimmer wrote:
aust1n wrote:Anyone knows the red lines on the dynos belong to which ECU?

http://www.jsracing.co.jp/js3/index.asp ... &xKEYWORD=

Could someone also interpret the green lines for the J's racing ECU?

Thanks a lot guys.
bro dont read too much into that dyno, that dyno was done on the Js racing part owner's CL7R, his car is loaded....IHE all done, 120 Ron petrol, cool temp....all these that we dont have....

P.s: if beating the beemers are your target then i think even the ECU cant help you much...unless you are talking at the 4 potters...then i think stock if enough...but if you are referring to the 6 potters then i think you change car better....:)
Our CL7R cannot match E90 325??

hifi1
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by hifi1 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:38 am

Louis V wrote:
hifi1 wrote:Hi

Hehehe
Why everything I like I cannot afford and LTA cannot passed?

Bimmer
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by Bimmer » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:23 am

Louis V wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: noty noty....:lol: :lol:

Bimmer
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by Bimmer » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:24 am

free2d wrote:
Bimmer wrote:
aust1n wrote:Anyone knows the red lines on the dynos belong to which ECU?

http://www.jsracing.co.jp/js3/index.asp ... &xKEYWORD=

Could someone also interpret the green lines for the J's racing ECU?

Thanks a lot guys.
bro dont read too much into that dyno, that dyno was done on the Js racing part owner's CL7R, his car is loaded....IHE all done, 120 Ron petrol, cool temp....all these that we dont have....

P.s: if beating the beemers are your target then i think even the ECU cant help you much...unless you are talking at the 4 potters...then i think stock if enough...but if you are referring to the 6 potters then i think you change car better....:)
Our CL7R cannot match E90 325??
depends lar....depends on how big your balls is...for me...i cant even beat the taxis sometimes buses also lose....:lol: :lol: