Unanswered topics Active topics

EK Discussion/Knowledge thread

Civic model year 1980 - 2000
kozmix
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

EK Discussion/Knowledge thread

Post by kozmix » Wed May 06, 2009 1:21 pm

For all EK bros, I would like to start a thread for discussion / knowledge for EKs , anything wish to enquire or discuss about technical, appearance etc etc can post here !

Let me start first, I came across a unit of this JDM EK Navigation system, anyone has any idea if it will work locally?

Last edited by kozmix on Thu May 07, 2009 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

EK Type-R
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by EK Type-R » Wed May 06, 2009 4:01 pm

dun think it'l work bro.. but it's a nice show piece to pimp up your ride..
i know another spoon-themed EK4 Hatch bro is using it.. he even wrapped it up with real CF.. very nice :wink:

ed7sg
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by ed7sg » Wed May 06, 2009 4:33 pm

No. It does not work.. That was what I was told by the spoon EK bro. Very nice item to have though.. :D

DeG
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by DeG » Wed May 06, 2009 11:41 pm

make sure you get the support brackets as well. hopefully it comes with your unit.
from what i know, its quite hard to get brand new unless you can quote the part number.

the jdm navi unit is quite heavy and rather different from the standard climate control consoles. i'm not sure what are the consequences if you go without the brackets though...

have heard of some for sale in jb scrapyards, there should be 1 unit at kc autolink as well.

maybe the jdm prefl auto climate control console with digital display is a better choice?
How hard can it be?

kozmix
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by kozmix » Thu May 07, 2009 12:16 am

yeah infact the unit i came across at KC autolink.
since it is not able to work locally then i guess no point for me in getting it.

anyway Deg bro u mention "jdm prefl auto climate control console with digital display "
I have not come across such a unit, does the jdm pre-fl have a auto climate control with digital display?

by the way, many thanks to both bros Clement and Alex for providing me much info in my process of my fl EK conversion.
Its now back on the road with a new coat of NH-O, hope to meetup with u guys again soon!

EK Type-R
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by EK Type-R » Thu May 07, 2009 12:50 am

thanks bro.. hope you did a great job in your EK FL conversion.. that shd do our bro Clement proud.. now we have another awesome looking NH-0 EK on the road..
let's meetup for a round of photoshoot soon.. :wink:

btw if you really want to view the "jdm prefl auto climate control console with digital display".. you can find it in Clement's EK4.. cos his car is a parallel import JDM..
dunno why it came fitted with that super rare aircon console.. have the "old school" kind of look.. :lol:

btw Clement.. i'll be fitting a '97 spec EK9 aircon console soon.. looks really neat and easier to install compared to the FL unit..

stylomilo
Civic EF/EG/EK Moderator
Civic EF/EG/EK Moderator

Post by stylomilo » Thu May 07, 2009 9:19 am

EK Type-R wrote:btw if you really want to view the "jdm prefl auto climate control console with digital display".. you can find it in Clement's EK4.. cos his car is a parallel import JDM..
dunno why it came fitted with that super rare aircon console.. have the "old school" kind of look.. :lol:

btw Clement.. i'll be fitting a '97 spec EK9 aircon console soon.. looks really neat and easier to install compared to the FL unit..

i would like to see wads a jdm prefl auto climate control console with digital display...

anyway, wads the diff between the stock aircon console and the '97 spec EK9 aircon console?

just the clock and cf trimmings?
One should love animals.
They are so tasty.

EK Type-R
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by EK Type-R » Thu May 07, 2009 12:07 pm

stylomilo wrote:i would like to see wads a jdm prefl auto climate control console with digital display...

anyway, wads the diff between the stock aircon console and the '97 spec EK9 aircon console?

just the clock and cf trimmings?
yes you're right.. jus the CF-look trimmings all round and the original EK9 emblem that replaces the digital clock for that Type-R look..
easier than changing the whole dashboard for a FL climate control..

very rare item also cos the PFL EK9 is only available abt 1 yr+ from '97-'98 before the FL version in '99..
if you're looking for a brand-new piece from Honda it'll cost almost $400 just for the plastic CF trimmings w/o the aircon console unit..

let's meetup soon to view the "rare jdm prefl auto climate control console with digital display".. currently me & Clement are really busy will let you guys know when we're free..
any volunteer to be the organiser? :wink:

kozmix
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by kozmix » Thu May 07, 2009 10:44 pm

EK Type-R wrote:thanks bro.. hope you did a great job in your EK FL conversion.. that shd do our bro Clement proud.. now we have another awesome looking NH-0 EK on the road..
let's meetup for a round of photoshoot soon.. :wink:

btw if you really want to view the "jdm prefl auto climate control console with digital display".. you can find it in Clement's EK4.. cos his car is a parallel import JDM..

The bodyshop did a pretty nice job for the conversion using all used original japan body parts, except for a pair of new depo EK9 headlamps. :D

I will also like to view Clement's "jdm prefl auto climate control console with digital display" again cos I didnt manage to catch it properly the other time ! :?

The 97 EK9 aircon console did u get it brand new or used? looks really easy to install for that.

As for the meetup we shall see when u guys be free? I remember Clement mention he's mugging for exams right now we shall not disturb him before that :lol:

kozmix
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by kozmix » Thu May 07, 2009 11:00 pm

Im surprised the JDM EK sedan actually came with rear wipers :shock: :shock:

I guess it would make a cool add-on! 8)

DeG
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by DeG » Fri May 08, 2009 11:22 am

ok, here is the prefl auto climate control with AC display ; sorry not digital
comes standard on all prefl JDM EK. this part should be available in good junkyards since so many of them were built.

i didn't turn it on so can't see the display...

thanks guys for remembering me...exam for one module over liao, now doing project work, and then preparing for the next module. Alex, hope your flight sim tests all going well for you SIR!

the ek9 console is a good find, cf trimming console quite rare, Nice! you got it from ebay?

Oh, before I forget, your Type R oil cap here liao, now sitting in my cupboard. :lol:

Kelvin! good for you man, now we got one ViRS in the works. hey, someone here is selling VI-RS fabric (blue) seats, front and rear. Go talk to him and see if can get or not...
:D

EK3 still a fantastic car all these years, super fuel efficient, ample horsepower, its a real all rounder!
Last edited by DeG on Fri May 08, 2009 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
How hard can it be?

DeG
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by DeG » Fri May 08, 2009 11:27 am

kozmix wrote:Im surprised the JDM EK sedan actually came with rear wipers :shock: :shock:

I guess it would make a cool add-on! 8)

Yup, this was a optional part throughout the EK range. I think I saw a red EK4 at KC with the rear wiper. Yes, ppl have already converted. Hikaru, chime in bro, yours the best!

I was told that this add on is not a simple one; rear windscreen + defroster, speaker board, wiper arm + motor, harness and stalk switch. Sounds like must get half cut haha... :lol:
How hard can it be?

kozmix
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by kozmix » Fri May 08, 2009 1:15 pm

Yes i hope to complete the Vi-RS conversion, but it wont be complete without these !! Kinda disappointed that even passwordjdm is out of stock. dont know where else to get :?

DeG
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by DeG » Fri May 08, 2009 1:37 pm

you could get a sticker shop to custom for you but if it turns out rancid then its worse than having no sticker.

if not, you could order the Vi or VTi emblem from the local stockist, put a small dash and paste a chiong 'RS' at the end. chiong RS are everywhere, i see them on Vios and Lancers...

but thats just talk kok...
tell you what, you get me the part number of the Vi-RS. i need the first 5 digits of partnumbers unique to Vi-RS, doesn't need to be for this emblem, can be for other things like rear lip, seats etc. I'll see if we can order the emblem or not. :wink:
How hard can it be?

stylomilo
Civic EF/EG/EK Moderator
Civic EF/EG/EK Moderator

Post by stylomilo » Fri May 08, 2009 3:38 pm

woah... all facelifted EKs...

my front is still a pre-FL... i busted my custom front bumper in an accident... damn it... now i am using EK Type-R's front bumper for the moment... haha...

i like the FL EK air-con console... can put a 2DIN screen to watch DVDs... haha...

i will be in for a mini EK meetup... not much of EKs left anyway...

the Vi-RS is a special model for the EK3 right? for which countries?

anyone here driving a SCM plate white EK4, front FL but rear pre-FL? i been seeing him around my neighbourhood quite often recently...
One should love animals.
They are so tasty.