CL7R blog: All good things.... pg 60

Home Of The Accordians
trident69
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by trident69 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:34 pm

trd_rg wrote:
trident69 wrote:
trd_rg wrote: Wah.. how come all CL7R folks prior to purchasing it all have the same dilemma har?? :lol: :lol:

Same for me. But for me, I was aiming for evo 9 MR but boh liao.. Kao.. Left base RS.. Heng never get.. Aiming for CTR but my CO say backseat can only sit 2 pax.. Sian 1/2 (also another factor my wife say I look too beng for it - wah danz..). Was aiming for Legacy GT Spec B but my friend told me resale value not that good. Then look for conti car - Volvo S60 T5.. Marvellous car but my friend quickly tell me not to get after his experience sway me from getting it (servicing Kan si Lang killer). Alfa 159 was also one of my choice but resale value of it bothers me a lot again.

So in the end settle for CL7R. Why? Very simple, wanted to get this car when it 1st launch but budget way out so in the end bought IS200. Drove the Lex for near 5 yrs and needed to dump before I lose more on value and CL7R was a pretty good price and time to realize my dream I had before 6 yrs ago.. :lol: :lol: Also that time not much car left for cherry picking.. tamade..

:lol: :lol:
Agreed..year 2003 CL7R was asking close to 125K??...cannot afford..
So same as you bro..finally got one and happy with it so far.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yalor.. somemore that period all range of cars are quite ex particularly performance cars.

However at times i still have the itch to look at new cars.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

was smitten by VW Tiguan since my family keep complaining my car low lah.. cannot get out lah.. noisy lah.. not leather seats lah.. hahaha... BUT cheese off by the SE attitude..:evil:

One advise, dont get luxury cars else family members will also compare like mine side by side comparison to Lexus.. of course comfort wise IS200 wins hands down but the power is smell smoke.. kekeke..
hahah..equally as bad as you la bro..
Mum forever nagging..from rex to accord..
at th beginning, when she saw the accord, she was quite pleased..say i grown up laio..no more boy racer..
After 6mths, she start to nag the same thing as the rex before..hahahah :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Beng la, so low la, so noisy la, disturb neighbours, can hear you coming home la, etc etc.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImageImage

trd_rg
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by trd_rg » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:38 pm

trident69 wrote:
trd_rg wrote:
trident69 wrote: Agreed..year 2003 CL7R was asking close to 125K??...cannot afford..
So same as you bro..finally got one and happy with it so far.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yalor.. somemore that period all range of cars are quite ex particularly performance cars.

was smitten by VW Tiguan since my family keep complaining my car low lah.. cannot get out lah.. noisy lah.. not leather seats lah.. hahaha... BUT cheese off by the SE attitude..:evil:

One advise, dont get luxury cars else family members will also compare like mine side by side comparison to Lexus.. of course comfort wise IS200 wins hands down but the power is smell smoke.. kekeke..
at th beginning, when she saw the accord, she was quite pleased..say i grown up laio..no more boy racer..
After 6mths, she start to nag the same thing as the rex before..hahahah :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Beng la, so low la, so noisy la, disturb neighbours, can hear you coming home la, etc etc.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
hahaha.. sama sama leh.. :lol: :lol: but soon i might have to think of SUV or MPV liao ever since i become daddy!

trident69
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by trident69 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:49 pm

trd_rg wrote:
trident69 wrote:
trd_rg wrote: Yalor.. somemore that period all range of cars are quite ex particularly performance cars.

hahaha.. sama sama leh.. :lol: :lol: but soon i might have to think of SUV or MPV liao ever since i become daddy!
Odassey Absulute???K24A red cover again??
Full Recaros and AUTO - priceless :lol: :lol:
ImageImageImage

trd_rg
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by trd_rg » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:58 pm

trident69 wrote:
trd_rg wrote:
trident69 wrote: hahah..equally as bad as you la bro..
Odassey Absulute???K24A red cover again??
haha that was also one of my choice initially when i get CL7R :lol: :lol: :lol: but poison list nothing much so drop the idea.. If get that now i am like slapping myself leh.. kekeke..

I try to aim for conti if possible. Never own one before always Jap cars.. so lets see how economy is ba.. :D

trident69
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by trident69 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:14 pm

hahha..i need to wait 5 years later then can itch again :lol: :lol:
ImageImageImage

MrMurderman
10 000rpm Over Rev
10 000rpm Over Rev

Post by MrMurderman » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:28 pm

trident69 wrote:hahha..i need to wait 5 years later then can itch again :lol: :lol:
people 7 yrs... 七年之养
u 5 yrs itchy liao... not bad liao la...
:lol:
殺很大!ï¼

trident69
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by trident69 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:36 pm

MrMurderman wrote:
trident69 wrote:hahha..i need to wait 5 years later then can itch again :lol: :lol:
people 7 yrs... 七年之养
u 5 yrs itchy liao... not bad liao la...
:lol:
haizz...long story :twisted: :twisted:
ImageImageImage

Bimmer
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by Bimmer » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:45 pm

trident69 wrote: Odassey Absulute???K24A red cover again??
Absolute is full recaro meh???? i didnt go thru the website...

but the older absolute looks nicer leh...

at 1st tot exiga was the next car..then go and see it at Mi..again disappointed...think the ppl at MI must do some research on the cars they put on show...the wrong car can really turn potiential buyers away....

Fish ar...go get that the Mugen RR can liao...solve everything...

Bimmer
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by Bimmer » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:50 pm

trd_rg wrote: haha that was also one of my choice initially when i get CL7R :lol: :lol: :lol: but poison list nothing much so drop the idea.. If get that now i am like slapping myself leh.. kekeke..

I try to aim for conti if possible. Never own one before always Jap cars.. so lets see how economy is ba.. :D
hahha...same here...boy came out in oct...ever since then...family KP...aiyoo...so hard and bumpy...wait he vomit milk how? mother KP...co kp...everyone KP....

KNN, now wanna change Js exos also must think twice...what if when i downshift and he wakes up, how???....hahaha....

but my co knows lar...she have no choice...she and the boy have to bear with it....hehehe....

trd_rg
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by trd_rg » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:13 pm

Bimmer wrote:
trd_rg wrote: haha that was also one of my choice initially when i get CL7R :lol: :lol: :lol: but poison list nothing much so drop the idea.. If get that now i am like slapping myself leh.. kekeke..

hahha...same here...boy came out in oct...ever since then...family KP...aiyoo...so hard and bumpy...wait he vomit milk how? mother KP...co kp...everyone KP....

KNN, now wanna change Js exos also must think twice...what if when i downshift and he wakes up, how???....hahaha....

but my co knows lar...she have no choice...she and the boy have to bear with it....hehehe....
yalor.. sometimes really at mercy of family's KP but i know they meant well but my passion for loudness deters all.. hahaha.. Apparently my boy likes to sit in my car leh despite the exos noise etc. He likes it alot on contrary.. of course i dont VTEC when he is in or when my family is in.. later tio kan lagi jialat.. :lol:

But with incoming maid, think i seriously need to see how to fetch the whole family liao.. :cry:

acechew
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by acechew » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:35 pm

Bimmer wrote:
trident69 wrote: Odassey Absulute???K24A red cover again??
Absolute is full recaro meh???? i didnt go thru the website...

but the older absolute looks nicer leh...
yup, u r rite bro,
ody absolute does not have red cover ie type R
even the PI version with 200bhp is just a "normal" MPV
have tested both KM 160 bhp and PI 200 bhp
cant feel the difference but the price is like 12k difference.
only diff between absolute and normal ody is the interior nia.
biggest mod of my life arrived ON 07 Dec 07

scratchyz
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by scratchyz » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:45 pm

Bimmer wrote:

some input from a father too...my little girl 15 months now...she actually sleep well when i drive...with the whining sound of the oil cooler, intake,exhaust sound everything...plus fightex...haha..so not really true...in fact sometimes when she cant get to sleep at home, i take her for a drive and sure sleep...i do vtec on open roads with her behind but she still sleeps very soundly..

Bimmer
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by Bimmer » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:46 pm

acechew wrote: yup, u r rite bro,
ody absolute does not have red cover ie type R
even the PI version with 200bhp is just a "normal" MPV
have tested both KM 160 bhp and PI 200 bhp
cant feel the difference but the price is like 12k difference.
only diff between absolute and normal ody is the interior nia.
was abt to ask you abt the ody...my family is leaning towards the ody....but i trying to resist...this time must try other makes liao...

how is the feeling of a 160bhp engine towing a (i think) 1.5 ton body exclucding the weight inside? i know the interior is diff....if the extra 40bhp have no major butt diff then the PI is not worth it....

Bimmer
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by Bimmer » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:51 pm

scratchyz wrote:
Bimmer wrote:

some input from a father too...my little girl 15 months now...she actually sleep well when i drive...with the whining sound of the oil cooler, intake,exhaust sound everything...plus fightex...haha..so not really true...in fact sometimes when she cant get to sleep at home, i take her for a drive and sure sleep...i do vtec on open roads with her behind but she still sleeps very soundly..
ya, mine also...i did ask around...seems like all babies will fall asleep in the car while its moving..regardless bumpy or not...

its the EXTRA concrens that the family has....:lol: :lol:

hifi1
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by hifi1 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:46 pm

Wah lau all u young parents .... let me share. baby will go to sleep when in travelling vehicle cos the noise is quite similar to the sound in the mother's womb. Dont care whether J exos or HKS, doesnt matter.

Cheers
Why everything I like I cannot afford and LTA cannot passed?