1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by askyway » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:15 am

all makes of cars are welcome bro.

affiq
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by affiq » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:51 pm

alamak..i didnt noticed that it was on the eve of hari raya haji..but..i think that i will be able to make it..but im not sure about my frenz...

streetz Project
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by streetz Project » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:31 pm

affiq wrote:alamak..i didnt noticed that it was on the eve of hari raya haji..but..i think that i will be able to make it..but im not sure about my frenz...
bro,on 30nov if nt wrg got track too

affiq
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by affiq » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:24 pm

streetz Project wrote:
affiq wrote:alamak..i didnt noticed that it was on the eve of hari raya haji..but..i think that i will be able to make it..but im not sure about my frenz...
really? who else will be goin? what time?

streetz Project
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by streetz Project » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:45 am

affiq wrote:
streetz Project wrote:
i inform u bro..or u pm me yr contatc..heard frm my fren. im be goin dwn to look look see see..

affiq
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by affiq » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:29 pm

streetz Project wrote:
affiq wrote:
streetz Project wrote: bro,on 30nov if nt wrg got track too
i inform u bro..or u pm me yr contatc..heard frm my fren. im be goin dwn to look look see see..
sent pm already..

affiq
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by affiq » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:00 pm

erm...so..how many cars are going for both dates?

askyway
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by askyway » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:28 am

i got 10 at least on my side.

affiq
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by affiq » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:40 am

askyway wrote:i got 10 at least on my side.
thats for the 7 right....i maybe joining also lah...but not confermed yet since its the eve of raya haji...

askyway
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by askyway » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:51 am

Track Day Guide

What is track driving?

Track driving is driving, plain and simple. The racetrack is a controlled environment that gives you the opportunity to learn about your car, yourself as a driver and to drive your car according to its handling and power limits. Unlike driving to the limit in the streets or car parks, it does not subject other road users to such dangers. By observing all the safety rules, accidents may be avoided and, one must always remember that track driving is not racing.

One to two weeks prior to the track day…
Car preparation:
1. For a stock car, check it for road worthiness, as per the manufacturer's specifications.
2. Ensure that the engine is not overdue in its regular servicing. This applies especially to timing belts and such.
3. Change engine oil if the last oil change was 5,000km or more. This typically applies to persons who frequent trackdays monthly. Otherwise, the last oil change prior to this track day should be no more than 10000km.
4. Inspect brake condition – brake fluid level, check brake pads, rotors. If pedal feel is spongy, please consult mechanic. In doubt, have an experienced mechanic change your brake fluid every 6-12 months.
5. Inspect tire condition – ensure sufficient tire thread remains. The legal requirement is 2mm. For track use, a minimum of 25-50% remaining thread (at the worst point of wear) is preferred.
6. Make sure the steering system is in good condition, without excessive slack. If steering wheel wobbles at speed, have the tyres balanced. If car veers, have the alignment sorted.
7. Ensure seat belts are in working order and not frayed.
8. Check all add-on body parts, such as side skirts, front and rear spoilers, to ensure that they are securely fitted.
9. Check that wheel lugs are properly torqued.

One to two days prior to track day…
Driver preparation:
1. Keep your senses keen by staying away from alcohol the night before.
2. Ensure that you have sufficient sleep or rest. A good rest will sharpen your reaction time, which is vital to safety and good track driving.
3. Complete all personal administration prior to drive up to track. Try to avoid spicy food the night before.
4. Check that passport is valid.
5. Change currency. Typically, you need to provision for
a. Track fee –Please check when registering for track day.
b. Toll charges - RM40-45 one way to Sepang, RM8-10 one way to Pasir Gudang.
c. Petrol - To and fro will consume 3-4 tank’s of petrol if you are going to Sepang, and 1-2 tank’s of petrol if you are going to Pasir Gudang.
d. Food – RM20-30, assuming you return on the same day.
e. Tipping – RM50-100. Some members may feel the need to ‘tip’ traffic cops, though this is not recommended from past experience.
f. Shopping – RM10. There is nothing to buy at the race track!

Actual day…
1. Set your alarm clock. Please be punctual especially if you are joining the convoy. The convoy will push off promptly at the indicated time.
2. Wear comfortable clothes that will give you the freedom of movement so as not to impede your hand movements when turning your steering wheel, or your legs during braking. 100% Cotton clothing is preferred as it offers some fire resistance.
3. Flip flops and loose fitting shoes should be avoided. Wear flat-soled, non-slip shoes. No sandals, high heels and boots should be used. Better yet, use driving shoes as these will give the proper "feel" during pedal manipulation.
4. Bring a proper (or approved) helmet. It is mandatory in track driving and should fit snugly. A loose fitting helmet is more dangerous than having no helmet at all. If you are wearing glasses you must wear them when driving. Proper helmet does not mean army, mountain biking or roller-blading helmet. Motorcycle helmets are acceptable.
5. Bring water. Depending on nature of event, refreshments may not be provided.
6. Bring passport and currency.
7. Roam mobile phone if you’ve not already done so.

8. Bring vehicle recovery company number.

For the car, bring:

1. Extra engine oil

2. Octane boosters (if your car needs to run 98RON)
3. Emergency tyre inflator
4. Plastic tarp to cover your stuff
5. Tire pressure gauge
6. Tools
7. Flashlight
8. Extra car keys

Actual day con’t…
Convoy driving
1. Drive in a civilized and organized manner to and from the circuit in a convoy.
2. Always drive only as fast as the car behind you. Make sure you can constantly see the car (in convoy) behind you.
3. Drive in the convoy with headlights on all the time.
4. Do not try to overtake cars in the convoy. If you are Car No. 5, then maintain the position till the destination is reached.
5. In the event of an emergency stop (not brake) the member stopping must signal by turning on his hazard lights and flash his high beam at the car in front. When the car in front notices the signals, he shall pull left to the road shoulder as will the stopping car. In the event that the formation is broken, the member in front must stop visibly by the roadside and reform the convoy at its earliest opportunity according to the 'formation'.

At the track
Before going onto the track, check in the car for (Approach mentors if you have any doubts):
1. Any and all loose objects and potential projectiles, such as umbrellas and decorations on dashboard from the ****pit and boot, remove these.

2. Properly secured fire extinguisher, if you have one.
3. Drink bottles or anything that may move about in the cabin under your seats as they may get lodged under your pedals with dangerous consequences during cornering.

End of event (or race)

*The driver must comply with Red and Black signals, failing which he/she will sit out the rest of the track session.

askyway
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by askyway » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:52 am

At the track con’t…
Before going onto the track, please check you seating:
1. To facilitate control of the steering wheel, please adopt the correct posture. Do this by ensuring that your back and shoulders are gently pressed against the backrest while making a full turn of your steering wheel. You should not be lifting your back away from your seat when making the full turn of the wheel.
2. The fore and aft adjustment should be such that you can fully depress your clutch or brake pedals without overstretching your feet and toes. The bend of the leg should be 90° to 120°.
3. At full stretch your legs should still be slightly arched without undue pressure on the underside of your thighs against the seat.
4. If in doubt, please check with assigned ‘Mentors’.

Driving on the track
Driving on the track is not racing. Safety is the number 1 priority:
1. If you are new to the track, regardless of whether you have driven on other tracks before, check with the Mentors first. Mentors are always ready to give advice.
2. Ensure you have a warm up lap and cool down lap in each run. This is essential to warm up and cool down brakes and tires.
3. Always remember to brake in a straight line.
4. Make use of the reference points (200m, 150m, 100m, 50m) before each corner.
5. If you intend to go slow, always keep to the right side of the track. Find out which corners need to be taken with extra caution.
6. First timers must be identified with sticker on rear boot. Please get the sticker from the Safety Director for the track day.
7. Always watch for cars coming up behind you in the rear view mirror.

What to Do in the Event of Trouble

1. If the car is going into a spin, declutch, slam hard onto the brakes and keep the steering straight.

2. Assuming the car is skidding and going into the run-off, do not attempt to fight and try to get the car steered back onto the track. Just get on the brakes hard and keep the car going straight on. The former action might cause the car to roll.

3. If you face any trouble, raise your right hand to signal you are in trouble. Keep to the right of the track.

4. If you see a car in trouble, never stop your car to assist. Instead head back to pits and inform marshals to stop the track with the red flag.

5. Once you see the red flag, drive into the pits immediately.

At the track con’t…
Overtaking

1. The onus is on the overtaking car to pass safely.

2. Overtaking should be on the left, and done preferable along the straights.

Yielding

1. Check you rear view mirror for traffic every few seconds.

2. If you see a car approaching, yield by moving safely to the right side of the track, signal your intention when doing so.

3. Never hold up a faster car. If a car catches up to you in the corners, but you can pull away in the straight, then the other car is still faster overall. Slow down on the straight and let the car pass.

Coming back from the track to the pit:
The pit lane is a busy place, with people and cars all about. To keep the session incident free, all drivers must observe the rules that follow:

Signal
If you are intending to enter the pit lane, signal your intention early and keep to the right side of the track.
If you are coming in from a cooling down lap, with your hazards on, remember to cancel the hazard lights and apply the right signal.

Pit entrance
There is only 1 pit entrance. If you pass it, you must continue and drive 1 more lap till you come to the pit entrance again.
Do not attempt to stop on the track and reverse till you come up to the pit entrance! Doing so will end your track session and could have deadly consequences.

Speed
In the interest of safety, the pit lane speed limit is 20kmph.

Direction of traffic
With the exception of reversing into the paddocks, you are required to drive only in one direction (the direction you came in), when driving along the pits.

Parking
Parking along the pit lane is discouraged. Always drive around to the paddock entrance and park in the paddock.

To end…
Practice makes perfect. Remember, if in doubts, please do check with any of seniors who will be around on the track day.

Extracts from Traction Circle Club, Track Day Preparations Information...

askyway
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by askyway » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:53 am

Track day on the 7th Dec
Time:1100am Move off (so if u require breakfast....pls come at 1030am)
Venue:Rideout Mac ( Commonwealth Ave)
Cost: Rm120 for 3 hrs
Organiser Contact: 91058824
Msn: [email protected]

Items to Bring:

1)Valid Passport & White Cards
2)Helmet(for those tracking & co-driver)
3)Ringgit(200rm or more)
4)Walkie Talkie & Batts

affiq
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by affiq » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:51 pm

really usefull info...but..on the 7..what time will u guys reach the pasir gudang track..since im in malaysia...there's no reason for me to meet u guys at rideout mac right... where would u guys prefere me to meet u guys...along the way or just meet at the track? or..u guys just can stop at my petrol station for u guys to feel up of get some drinks lah since its also on the way to pasir gudang from woodlands..but its up to u guys lah... just inform me..

askyway
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by askyway » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:18 am

For those who are joining me this sunday 7 dec for PG. Pls sms me at 91058824. Gonna check on the total strength.

Cheers.

askyway
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by askyway » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:06 am

last call. 15 cars have been confirmed. pls contact me 91058824 if u are interested.