Unanswered topics Active topics

I'm new to ICE...

Share your In-Car Entertainment passion here.
monstar3
4000rpm
4000rpm

I'm new to ICE...

Post by monstar3 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:01 pm

Hi all, i just got my ride 1 month ago, i'm considering to change the speakers as the shiokness is not there.
Will be looking for sound system and also the head unit(receiver)prefered to have CD/radio/mp3 function.

Any recommendation?

Cheers...

Apollo
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Re: I'm new to ICE...

Post by Apollo » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:26 am

monstar3 wrote:Hi all, i just got my ride 1 month ago, i'm considering to change the speakers as the shiokness is not there.
Will be looking for sound system and also the head unit(receiver)prefered to have CD/radio/mp3 function.

Any recommendation?

Cheers...
come to ICE meetup and listen lor... blk 332 amk ave 1 behind church. lai kopithiam lim kopi friday/ wednesday. PM me if u wanna join the ICE enthusiasts. ICE= in car entertainment.

saint jo
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut

Post by saint jo » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:16 am

bro, need more info for people to advice..what model is ur car? what kinda $$$ u plan to spend? what type of music u into?
Turbo...
sTocK iS beST....

世界上ä¸

monstar3
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by monstar3 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:15 pm

EK4_JO wrote:bro, need more info for people to advice..what model is ur car? what kinda $$$ u plan to spend? what type of music u into?
Hey bro, i'm on an Edix. $$ wise quite budget, music wise just normal pop song.

Actually just looking for a better 1, not change to play loud music. mostly for leisure use.

tropez_chong
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by tropez_chong » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:24 am

monstar3 wrote:
Hey bro, i'm on an Edix. $$ wise quite budget, music wise just normal pop song.

Actually just looking for a better 1, not change to play loud music. mostly for leisure use.
Bro, pay a visit to different reputable ICE installer shop like Audioedge, Chuan Sing, New Gen etc to take a listen to their speakers and equipment lor.

Stating your budget here will be important as ICE can cost from hundreds to thousands n thousands.

For beginning can just consider to change your speakers and add amps. When your need for better sound arise, add in a processor to tune your sound etc... Hence you need to know what you want to achieve at the end of the day. Not many ppl play loud music (SPL) nowadays, mostly are going for sound quality (SQ) liao.

Hence do pay a visit to listen to a few shop or even meetups to know what u want 1st before deciding. This will help u in planning your ICE setup and hopefully reduce the pain of wasting money by changing n changing of equipment when not able to achieve wat u want... U dun have to go thru the hard way if u plan your ICE journey properly. My 2cents. :wink: