Unanswered topics Active topics

FD2R ECU recall - 8th Feb 2008

New Civic model year 2006 onwards
nAEs
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by nAEs » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:26 pm

toda_k20 wrote:Thanks for sharing. It can be dangerous if the traffic is heavy around you. Fortunately, it has not happened to me yet.

Can you elaborate on the senario? Does it happen at around 2100 rpm when the car is stopping ?
No problems on the sharing part. This is how we gather/exchange info etc.

If I'm not wrong, it does. I'm not very sure though as I was not really looking at the RPM meter but watching out for oncoming traffic before I filter out. There's another CTRian who shared with me his experience thru PM. His is worst case than me, but he couldn't be very sure/pinpoint the fault as he did some mods to his car whereas mine is stock.

Nalgene79
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by Nalgene79 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:12 pm

vodkeith wrote:
pottybear wrote:Honda Malaysia carries the Civic Type R. since KM's parent coy is the one and same as in MY, then there is no grounds for them to say that they are unable to tackle this technically.

The only impedance to fixing the recall issue for JDMs in SG are purely political reasons. :)

CTRs.

probably lets meet up to discuss about this serious matter...

any chance?

for those tat falls ard the badge ... guess u would like it to be solved.

ca we do so this coming weekend as some might want to collect more informations this week.
Yes, we should meet up and discuss. If Honda MY unable to reprogram for us or PI unable to provide anything, it will be a pain in e ass. Let us update on our PIs replies or any new finding.

vodkeith
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by vodkeith » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:15 pm

nAEs wrote:
toda_k20 wrote:Thanks for sharing. It can be dangerous if the traffic is heavy around you. Fortunately, it has not happened to me yet.

Can you elaborate on the senario? Does it happen at around 2100 rpm when the car is stopping ?
No problems on the sharing part. This is how we gather/exchange info etc.

If I'm not wrong, it does. I'm not very sure though as I was not really looking at the RPM meter but watching out for oncoming traffic before I filter out. There's another CTRian who shared with me his experience thru PM. His is worst case than me, but he couldn't be very sure/pinpoint the fault as he did some mods to his car whereas mine is stock.
Bro,

you sure do need the ECU reflash thingy done. For me, i did a e-throttle changed.. so far no problem ya!! cross my toes n fingers!!!

did encounter the same problem to it!!!

cheers

vodkeith
3000rpm
3000rpm

ECU reflash meeting

Post by vodkeith » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:29 pm

Hi there,

can we all have a count when is it a good timing to discuss regarding to the matters.

Do appreciate more informations collected this week and will be able to thrash out the possibilities to get it over.

Cheers

1) vodkeith

Ok guys,

There is a post on CTR forum regarding to the above mentioned matter.

Kindly go into it for more informations - http://ctr-sg.mrforum.net/performance-m ... 5.htm#5126

Batmobile
8000rpm Red Line
8000rpm Red Line

Post by Batmobile » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:20 am

Isn't the ECU running closed loop under such low rpm?
Hmmm...

:roll: :roll: :roll:

perynot
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by perynot » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:28 am

I think everyone here is concerned. Judging from the Stream experience. If your ride is affected, the PI shld be getting a letter from Honda Jap.

Then your PI shld info you. And advised how to get abt doing the reflashing ..

Well, this is really a test of post sale service now ... why dun we let the major PI representative surfing this forum to comment ...

Major player like GR, WOW ... I am sure this is not new at all.

toda_k20
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by toda_k20 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:00 am

perynot wrote:If your ride is affected, the PI shld be getting a letter from Honda Jap.

This is completely untrue. The PI only deal with car dealers in Japan. Honda Japan do not deal with PIs here.

perynot
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by perynot » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:21 am

toda_k20 wrote:
perynot wrote:If your ride is affected, the PI shld be getting a letter from Honda Jap.

This is completely untrue. The PI only deal with car dealers in Japan. Honda Japan do not deal with PIs here.
Actually, I was told by my PI ... true or not, I would need to wait and see .. hahaha ... not in this trade so will kenna smoke. However, what bro toda_k20 mentioned is correct .. they got their car from Jap dealer. Plus Jap Honda only deal with dealer .. so it voice down to whether the dealers and PIs got work or not ??? Hopefully he nvr smoke me lor ...

Anyway, from the Honda Stream case ... this is what actually happened in the past as much as my PI is concern. Not sure abt e rest ... I'm sure major PI shld have similiar experience and will hold up to their reputation ... I'll wait to see from their comments.

Ah Rer
5000rpm
5000rpm
Location: Still counting my USD at the bank...8500 pieces per minute!!

Post by Ah Rer » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:58 am

Batmobile wrote:Isn't the ECU running closed loop under such low rpm?
Hmmm...

:roll: :roll: :roll:
As far as I know, your ECU should run closed loop at all rpms, except during full throttle when it runs open.
I THINK it is this closed loop that caused this problem. UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS (oil temp, air temp, water temp, A/F ratio...etc etc) when the correction of the ECU causes the engine to stall from using a certain adapted map. Also, dun forget, with the drive-by-wire system, the ECU determines the % opening of the throttle plate, not your foot. Who knows at what % opening of the throttle plate was called for by the ECU from its calculations at the moment of the affected time to cause the stalling? That's why not everyone's affected by the problem (yet?) across the board. It is only under these certain conditions that you will get it, and that too is also based on running on a certain adapted ignition timing/ fueling map (kinda like rolling 2 dices, only when u roll both sixes you get your engine stalling..sorry if it's a poor analogy).
That's why Honda.jp use MAY, not WILL (my guess of the situation). If the problem lies with the ECU's base map, they would have known of the problem LONG AGO, with every car stalling with every reset.
Last edited by Ah Rer on Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:22 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Ah Rer
5000rpm
5000rpm
Location: Still counting my USD at the bank...8500 pieces per minute!!

Post by Ah Rer » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:08 pm

UPDATE
One bro at CTR singapore forum has already written to LTA, awaiting reply...
Another bro has written to Honda Japan, also awaiting reply....
Will keep everyone posted...A round of applause for Mr Ricer and Mr Modfreak please everyone.....

ecinriv
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by ecinriv » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:13 pm

Thanks for the update guys. Much appreciated

roadrunner
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by roadrunner » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:55 pm

applause to Mr Ricer and Mr Modfreak . :clap:

Nalgene79
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by Nalgene79 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:24 pm

Ya..appreciated it for Ricer and Modfreak. :D upz

silvermail
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by silvermail » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:03 pm

Photo courtesy of a FD2R owner in Japan flashing his car at a Honda dealer.

He mentioned that he felt no differences after the flashing, but this is because he didn't encounter the engine stalling in the first place.

AhBao9388
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by AhBao9388 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:17 pm

guys i wan to highlight to u that irregarless whether your car is modified or not, this is a factory recall and that the PI has to recify it. don gong gong PI tell u that ur car mod thats y void warranty.