Unanswered topics Active topics

Swirl Marks on my car

You like your car sparkling and clean? Here is where U can get tips
lollipop3873
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Swirl Marks on my car

Post by lollipop3873 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:17 pm

I juz got my car a mth ago...Have washed & waxed my car myself..THis morning, under the strong sunlights, i saw a lot of swirl marks or scratches(i dun know wat is that called).Any bro know wats the cause of these scratches?Is it normal? How to get rid of these scratches?

Thks

Wayan
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Re: Swirl Marks on my car

Post by Wayan » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:02 pm

lollipop3873 wrote:I juz got my car a mth ago...Have washed & waxed my car myself..THis morning, under the strong sunlights, i saw a lot of swirl marks or scratches(i dun know wat is that called).Any bro know wats the cause of these scratches?Is it normal? How to get rid of these scratches?

Thks
R u using sponge to wash?
If it is...its ur sponge..

Technique also plays apart...even the cloth ure using for buffing could also play a factor in causing those "gremlins"
lots of groomers here...perhaps they can assist you..for the swirl marks
Its not the size of your nose that matters but it is how you honk it..

p107
2000rpm
2000rpm

Post by p107 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:13 pm

lollipop3873 wrote:I juz got my car a mth ago...Have washed & waxed my car myself..THis morning, under the strong sunlights, i saw a lot of swirl marks or scratches(i dun know wat is that called).Any bro know wats the cause of these scratches?Is it normal? How to get rid of these scratches?

Thks
Sometimes it's introduced by the cheap detailing session before agent hand new car over to you, or by drying the car using non-micro fiber cloth.

Waxing is not cleaning right? Unless u mean cleaner wax. So if DIY/hand effort to polish doesn't improve, then got to bring to a good detailer for machine polishing already.

Apollo
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by Apollo » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:39 pm

Thks
dark ride? must use swirl-free products. result of wrong application & wrong product.

i suggest u try to contact either brother maddriver or brother Gen2 for better products.

Nano
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by Nano » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:06 am

Thks
Firstly, I assume your car is black. Black will have swirl mark more or less. So you need to go the extra effort to maintain it.

The most important step in the washing session is the rinsing part, make sure hard particle are rinse off before and washing...you wont want to drag those fine sand along with your washing sponge or cloth.

I will wash with car shampoo...even some say no need, I still use , as a lubricant to reduce swirl created.

sponge is no so good compare to those fury wash mit...and remember to rinse your wash mit everytime (with another pail of plain water) before you dip it back into the pail of shampoo water.

No need to use force to wash...unless there is stubborn dirt. Oh and dont use the same wash mit to wash your rim and car body.

Use a Waffle Weave Drying Towel to dry your car...in one direction only...and use a wax applicator during waxing...and a plushy micro fiber cloth to clean it off.

Another important thing is DONT wipe your car if you feel fine particle on it by runing your finger on the surface or it seen dirty after a rain...excluding bird sh1t case...bird sh1t should be clean ASAP.

For your case as I read...you need a professional to resolve your current swirl mark issue...then you have to maintain it yourself...That the power of the "dark" side... :lol:

P.S. Honda paintwork is relatively softer than other Jap brand...this means that it will incur swirl...fine line more easily. And swirl cannot be prevent...it can only be control.
One thing you can give and still keep is your word

lollipop3873
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by lollipop3873 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:05 pm

Wayan wrote:

Thks

Technique also plays apart...even the cloth ure using for buffing could also play a factor in causing those "gremlins"
Hi,

Yah i am using sponge to wash & wax.. The cloth i bought from petrol kiosk which they say is recommended for washing & waxing...I am juz wondering is it the cloth or the sponge thats causing the swirl marks?

Thks

lollipop3873
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by lollipop3873 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:08 pm

Wayan wrote:

Thks

Hi,

Yah i am using sponge to wash & wax.. The cloth i bought from petrol kiosk which they say is recommended for washing & waxing...I am juz wondering is it the cloth or the sponge thats causing the swirl marks?

Thks

lollipop3873
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by lollipop3873 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:08 pm

Wayan wrote:

Thks

lollipop3873
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by lollipop3873 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:14 pm

p107 wrote:

Thks
Sometimes it's introduced by the cheap detailing session before agent hand new car over to you, or by drying the car using non-micro fiber cloth.

Waxing is not cleaning right? Unless u mean cleaner wax. So if DIY/hand effort to polish doesn't improve, then got to bring to a good detailer for machine polishing already.
Hi,
i am not sure what type of detailing session the agent borught my car to..But it has been increasing recently. I clean & wax it. Mayb i have to bring to a detailer.

Thks

lollipop3873
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by lollipop3873 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:16 pm

Apollo wrote:

Thks
dark ride? must use swirl-free products. result of wrong application & wrong product.

i suggest u try to contact either brother maddriver or brother Gen2 for better products.
Mine is a beige ride...Wat type of swirl free products are u referring to?I m using turtle was, car wash etc..

Can PM me bro maddriver or brother Gen2?Do they do waxing?

Thks

lollipop3873
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by lollipop3873 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:20 pm

Nano wrote:

Thks
Firstly, I assume your car is black. Black will have swirl mark more or less. So you need to go the extra effort to maintain it.

The most important step in the washing session is the rinsing part, make sure hard particle are rinse off before and washing...you wont want to drag those fine sand along with your washing sponge or cloth.

I will wash with car shampoo...even some say no need, I still use , as a lubricant to reduce swirl created.

sponge is no so good compare to those fury wash mit...and remember to rinse your wash mit everytime (with another pail of plain water) before you dip it back into the pail of shampoo water.

No need to use force to wash...unless there is stubborn dirt. Oh and dont use the same wash mit to wash your rim and car body.

Use a Waffle Weave Drying Towel to dry your car...in one direction only...and use a wax applicator during waxing...and a plushy micro fiber cloth to clean it off.

Another important thing is DONT wipe your car if you feel fine particle on it by runing your finger on the surface or it seen dirty after a rain...excluding bird sh1t case...bird sh1t should be clean ASAP.

For your case as I read...you need a professional to resolve your current swirl mark issue...then you have to maintain it yourself...That the power of the "dark" side... :lol:

P.S. Honda paintwork is relatively softer than other Jap brand...this means that it will incur swirl...fine line more easily. And swirl cannot be prevent...it can only be control.
Hi Bro,

My ride is beige in color..For the rinising part i will dip my sponge into the pail before i start to wash a new portion again..

I think i will have to go for a detailer to get my car cured..Haiz...

Thks for the information.

Apollo
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by Apollo » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:24 pm

lollipop3873 wrote:
Apollo wrote:

Thks

Mine is a beige ride...Wat type of swirl free products are u referring to?I m using turtle was, car wash etc..

Thks
icic..

did u use a new cloth when polishing? u can find the works of both vendors, MD and Gen2 inside www.mycarforum.com

tat sud give u a general idea abt proper grooming care.

lollipop3873
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by lollipop3873 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:51 pm

Apollo wrote:
lollipop3873 wrote:
Apollo wrote: dark ride? must use swirl-free products. result of wrong application & wrong product.

Thks
icic..

did u use a new cloth when polishing? u can find the works of both vendors, MD and Gen2 inside www.mycarforum.com

yah i did use a new cloth for polishing...i think is the sponge that is causing the swirl marks..

hellokittyES
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by hellokittyES » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:43 am

lollipop3873 wrote:
Apollo wrote:
lollipop3873 wrote: Mine is a beige ride...Wat type of swirl free products are u referring to?I m using turtle was, car wash etc..

Thks
icic..

yah i did use a new cloth for polishing...i think is the sponge that is causing the swirl marks..
use a wash mitt when ever washing your car to minimize scratches or swrils
you can get it here

http://www.maddetailer.com/products/mic ... _mitt.html