Unanswered topics Active topics

Honda Stream 2007 X-1.8L versus Toyota Wish X-1.8L (by mt88)

mt88
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by mt88 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:38 pm

0-100kmh 1st Gen 2L Stream vs 2L Wish. Test was done in Japan at cooler climate +/- 5 degree. In Singapore expect it to perform even less stellar as the temprature is much higher.

t28
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by t28 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:10 am

wow! Best comparison i've seen online! Cheers!

fabiaman
1000rpm
1000rpm

Post by fabiaman » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:12 pm

Sorry.. does the STREAM (in any version) come with rear aircon vent? I would have thought that is impt coz SGP is so hot!

dankoo
Idling
Idling

Post by dankoo » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:57 pm

The current RN6 does not have rear duct. The middle outlet at the front is actually good enough to blow to the back.

ventus
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by ventus » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:15 am

I've owned a wish and now an Ody driver. Change due to Wish is now a taxi. Frankly, I've been in a stream and been driving a wish.

Interior : Wish is bigger / Stream has a new-aged look
Exterior : Wish - Front and back looks gd / Stream - front looks like the big bro Ody but back should hv more LED lights.
Performance : Wish (More quiet (DOHC VVTI engine)and more fuel economical - Most wish owners can easily achieve 12-14km/l or 600-800km/full tank with 10-15l of reserve) / Stream (good pick-up but engine a bit noisy at the same rev as wish (SOHC iVtec) and FC so far never heard of any stream that can beat the WISH fc

No offence, WISH still wins in gd FC. I actually miss my wish gd fc but with more power, gd handling, comfort, luxurios and quiet ride of my Ody.....I shall be contented.

Don't be offended stream drivers coz the above are just my honest and personal experience. Urs could be different.

ManualOnly
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by ManualOnly » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:09 am

ventus wrote:No offence, WISH still wins in gd FC. I actually miss my wish gd fc but with more power, gd handling, comfort, luxurios and quiet ride of my Ody.....I shall be contented.
bro, I think its already a known fact even though it took a while for some RN6 folks to realise the disparity in Honda's FC figure vs real-world. Remember the original post was based on very short period of experience and on mag/official reports. The reviewer was so convinced with the new R18A advances and Honda's claim that he announced "Toyota still produce a lot of “junkâ€

mt88
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by mt88 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:40 pm

ManualOnly wrote:
ventus wrote:No offence, WISH still wins in gd FC. I actually miss my wish gd fc but with more power, gd handling, comfort, luxurios and quiet ride of my Ody.....I shall be contented.
bro, I think its already a known fact even though it took a while for some RN6 folks to realise the disparity in Honda's FC figure vs real-world. Remember the original post was based on very short period of experience and on mag/official reports. The reviewer was so convinced with the new R18A advances and Honda's claim that he announced "Toyota still produce a lot of “junkâ€

t28
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by t28 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:04 pm

Having owned a 2.4 Camry and now a 2.4 Ody, I find the Honda engine much more refined and powerful than the Toyota. FC is comparable for both cars, but considering Ody being heavier, i think Ody has better FC.

This is just the simple impressions of an everyday driver, pls dun quote me! :D

ManualOnly
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by ManualOnly » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:22 pm

From sgstream RN6 poll:

but Honda says "14.8km/l"
fact vs fiction? Image

very chim...sorry, I almost flung my PSLE exam ages ago...

mt88
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by mt88 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:18 pm

ManualOnly wrote:
From sgstream RN6 poll:

but Honda says "14.8km/l"
fact vs fiction? Image

very chim...sorry, I almost flung my PSLE exam ages ago...
Oh c'mon man :), sorry that I assume you are well informed motorist who should know what's talking, that the 10-15 factory claim doesn't represent various actual users with various diff routes and way of driving. In fact the articles on the url link has explain very clearly on the method (bound on threadmill) and disparity.

Yet, here we are talking and taking the forum pooling that may be from users of the car or maybe not, or may not represent of the various level of users be it city jammed driving, heavy chionger etc. In fact looks like the streamers there due to the sweet engine are often chionging Wish users on the road. How on the hell they are going to get good average FC if they keep chionging? You should know better than that, right? :roll: :roll:

About the disparity of Wish forumers FC, could it be that Honda forumers are more reliable than Toyota forumers? Just speculating, I dont know the answer..

The only way to tell the factual and accurate comparison FC is to have them run side by side on the same variable condition as what the seasoned motorist journalist done in Japan (as the earlier link). Personally, I dont think it will be much diff as single-core n.a engine tech has reach certain point where it is difficult to less the consumption much, technically, without losing the power. What I can tell that the lower rpm cruisers will consume less fuel than those the higher rpm of same engine class and weight of the two (unless the dual-core engine tech like VCM or hybrid).

ManualOnly
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by ManualOnly » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:49 pm

About the disparity of Wish forumers FC, could it be that Honda forumers are more reliable than Toyota forumers? Just speculating, I dont know the answer..
bro, if you don't know, please avoid "speculating" the above.

I am okay with technical exchanges and care less about warped opinions abt non-Honda makes. But comes to such sensitive claim about which forum is "more reliable" than others, is to me, crossing the line of basic netiquette.

mt88
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by mt88 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:06 pm

ManualOnly wrote:
bro, if you don't know, please avoid "speculating" the above.

I am okay with technical exchanges and care less about warped opinions abt non-Honda makes. But comes to such sensitive claim about which forum is "more reliable" than others, is to me, crossing the line of basic netiquette.
Bro as seasoned forumers, think should aware and not get offended by casual remarks. Especially if it is in a question mark. I already said I dun know the answer therefore I am not putting the verdict. See the diff? :roll: :roll:

Warp opinion? is up to the readers what to believe. I myself still drive Toyota and Lexus cars too. I find nothing mind bogling technically. I dun get any benefit when people buy any brand car.

Now back to discussion on FC. Honda Stream official claim is 14.8km/l. Toyota Wish official claim is 14.4km/l. It is the factory claims not mine.

CO g/km discharge is lesser despite heavier than wish. That shows it burns less fuel for same distance. Plus the fact it is running lower rpm on the same speed. All those determine the outcome of FC

I have no qualm of some users may get closer to official FC claim even pass it, but majority can get closer to official claim? That is bizarre :lol: That means my friend who drive 1.8 Altis same engine as wish whose fc 10-11km/l is a :liar: ? :lol:

I encountered a honda user who was waiting for almost 1 hour in his car with ac on. Wonder how accurate would his FC be on the pooling? :roll:

ventus
5000rpm
5000rpm

Post by ventus » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:48 am

Hey...slow down ppl. Relax. Why are we disputing claims made by individuals? These are just personal experiences and encounters. Even our names, races and religions are already different...what more in claims and experiences.

Just respect the differences and move on.

Every forum is having the same problem. The common claim is their cars are the best lah, best fc lah, best this and best that lah......Why is the weather so stormy when we are talking abt other cars?

Don't get too personal and vent our anger here or even worst on the road with wish/stream/ody/hyundai or whatever.....

Why dispute who's the best selling, best fc or whatever? We are going nowhere with this. The manufacturers and the dealers are gaining from their marketing strategies....and they are not arguing amongst themselves...in fact, they are learning from each other's technologies and even mistakes......

Isnt it better if u spend the time taken for this dispute, which is worth nothing (in $$$$ terms), with ur love ones or even the mods $$$$ to spend on them and not always on our cars.

But then again....this is my opinion and experience. If u agree or don't agree, it's ur perogative coz we are all adults. Let's behave like one.

mt88
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by mt88 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:54 am

First, I agree with Ventus. I think lets just live peacefully with our differences as that what makes live more interesting :wink: .

Secondly, I have said my peace few threads above to clarify whats "seems to be" a twisted facts and accusation. I think no point to prolong this as we gain nothing out of it.

Thirdly, I sincerely apologize if I unintentionally offended or caused a distress to anyone.

For a record, there is No record Not to be broken and there is no claim left standing not to be challanged. What is good by today's standard may no longer true tommorow. We live in a constantly changing world. Lets just live peacefully one to each other. Peace :supz:

ManualOnly
4000rpm
4000rpm

Post by ManualOnly » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:16 pm

ventus wrote:If u agree or don't agree, it's ur perogative coz we are all adults. Let's behave like one.
Absolutely dude.Image

Like I've said, I welcome a healthy exhange of views and factual debates on the subject matter.

In reality, that isn't the case with gradual seeping of unsubstantiated OT "casual remarks" as observed.

Alas, some has seen the pitfall of lax comments and has "sincerely apologize". I welcome that. :)

After all, I agree with what the original poster says in Oct'06 requesting others to leave "a note if you find this article useful or even NOT useful...".

Well, 1 year on, I am glad this thread has broaden to include the "more reliable" SSOG poll and other sources as RN6 matures in the market. :wink: