Unanswered topics Active topics

Golf and ICE on Civic FD1

Share your In-Car Entertainment passion here.
00ttik

Golf and ICE on Civic FD1

Post by 00ttik » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:16 am

Hi .. got a question

I play golf...often.so my golf cart bag is always in my trunk . But i like ICE also . 2 cars ago , my ICE setup tookup most of my boot and I have no place to put my golf bag.. my last car , i forego ICE for Golf.

now .. FD1 taking delivery soon ... so thinking if it's possible to have my cake and eat it .. (hope fully the cake is not too ex!) .

Questions :

(A) Which workshop sells 2nd hand amps and woofer and is familiar with the 8th gen civics? (previous car was renualt which some shops refused to touch)

(B) What is best space saving config to make sure my golf bags don't bang into the woofer or cause some rattling ..

I plan to just have one 4 channel amp to drive a woofer and the front 2 speakers . Mostly just me and my wife in the car...hardly any back passengers.

(C) Recommendations for clear bossa nova sounds? (Tight base , no need kranji dam blasting type , with clear vocals)

any bros or sis advise is most appreciated.

cheers !

slidingturtle
5000rpm
5000rpm

Re: Golf and ICE on Civic FD1

Post by slidingturtle » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:50 am

00ttik wrote:Hi .. got a question

I play golf...often.so my golf cart bag is always in my trunk . But i like ICE also . 2 cars ago , my ICE setup tookup most of my boot and I have no place to put my golf bag.. my last car , i forego ICE for Golf.

now .. FD1 taking delivery soon ... so thinking if it's possible to have my cake and eat it .. (hope fully the cake is not too ex!) .

Questions :

(A) Which workshop sells 2nd hand amps and woofer and is familiar with the 8th gen civics? (previous car was renualt which some shops refused to touch)

(B) What is best space saving config to make sure my golf bags don't bang into the woofer or cause some rattling ..

I plan to just have one 4 channel amp to drive a woofer and the front 2 speakers . Mostly just me and my wife in the car...hardly any back passengers.

(C) Recommendations for clear bossa nova sounds? (Tight base , no need kranji dam blasting type , with clear vocals)

cheers !
Should not be a problem to do both. i drive a 7th gen civic with a 12inch JL woofer, no special custom job - just the box in the boot, and still able to carry a full size golf bag comfortably. Subs would come with some form of grill to protect it from casual contact.
- if really want to max the boot space, then sacrifice the spare tire well lor...

Most est shops would be by now fairly familiar with the 8th gen civic, so don't think its a problem like the contis.

No comments on speaker / amp recommendation haha... 8) 8)
that one you need (1) a budget to guide (2) some time to listen to diff setups - what might sound clear to me can sound bright to you...

happy ice-ing...

bosebani
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by bosebani » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:40 am

I will recommed AUDIOEDGE, they are doing alot of FD now and will be very familiar with the car. You can check out the FD forum to check it out the bros responses.

My car need to put my baby stroller and company products so i need the boot space also. Just let them know your needs and they can customise the amp and sub layout to fit your needs.

00ttik

Post by 00ttik » Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:03 pm

bosebani wrote:I will recommed AUDIOEDGE, they are doing alot of FD now and will be very familiar with the car. You can check out the FD forum to check it out the bros responses.

My car need to put my baby stroller and company products so i need the boot space also. Just let them know your needs and they can customise the amp and sub layout to fit your needs.

been trying to get on the FD forum for the longest time.. heh heh. the moderators seems to forgot to allow new members who register to be activated :P

anyway .thanks for the advices.

ty
5000rpm
5000rpm

Re: Golf and ICE on Civic FD1

Post by ty » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:29 am

00ttik wrote:Hi .. got a question

Questions :

cheers !
Me drive FD, play golf. Did my ICE at audioedge. Still got boot to put 4 golf bags...Tell them you requirement, will able customise the boot to suite your need.
Power, without control, is nothing

9887 > Focal P5.500 > Focal TN52 + PHD FB Pro + Boston C110
Injen > eMU + NST
Autofoam
Alutec Front Sturt > WW FDL > FSD + CG05 + S1EVO <UR ABR

tropez_chong
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON

Post by tropez_chong » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:50 am

Me also FD, done at AE. Can put 1 golf bag and also a full size baby pram. Check AE out n tell them your requirement. :D