Unanswered topics Active topics

ES1 great ride...

Civic model year 2000 -2005
rango
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

ES1 great ride...

Post by rango » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:55 pm

After an absence of about 4 years from the honda scene i am back with a very decent and nice es1 auto bought from one of the SHC bros...my previous ride was a monster ek4A...the es1 is NO comparison but now that i am older WISER i find more joy in listening to my BIG ASS subwoofer that came with the car rather than hearing the engine roar of my previous ek4a... :lol: ..anyway my wife and kids love the es1 but sometimes when i feel naughty on the roads i really miss my old ek4a :cry:

long live the CIVIC :D
WRX/EVO...Hmm and of course...Golf Gti... please dont Jio me...i only 1.6L Auto...u are 2.0L Turbo....

MCDS
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator

Post by MCDS » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:43 am

If you spend a bit of money on the handling - strut bars, coilovers, bigger ARBs, and uprate the brakes... you MIGHT find the ES very seriously fun in the corners...

come for meetups or join us when we go to the circuits... yes ES can circuit - even dead stock ES... on street tyres...

and it's a barrel of fun on the ES when it can overtake other 1.6 or even DC5 GSRs in the corners...

pure power is not available on the ES... but you look at your fuel gauge... 600km still no check fuel status light on the auto 1.7 ES1... you NEVER see this on the EK... 400km dry leow... believe me I know...

I went from ES5 to EG/EK.... 2 months ago due to COE -- and damn... I miss my Turtle...

Freedom isn't Free, it costs people like you and me... Freedom costs a buck 'o five....

rango
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by rango » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:06 pm

ha ha ur absolutely right bro right now i just cruising and enjoying music with my kick as# subwoofer and amps with the sunroof open....TOTALLY ignoring others cars on the road who want to run :lol: :lol: :lol:
WRX/EVO...Hmm and of course...Golf Gti... please dont Jio me...i only 1.6L Auto...u are 2.0L Turbo....

MCDS
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator

Post by MCDS » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:25 am

with upgrades to suspension and handling, the ES1/5 will give every other car a run for their money IN THE CORNERS...

straights are for big horses... cornering... takes balls, and skill, and the car properly set up... The ES is made to corner well... believe me. You can still have fun on it and make people ask you what's under that hood after you kick ass during a series of corners...

but yes, cruising around is definitely preferable with a good sound system...

Freedom isn't Free, it costs people like you and me... Freedom costs a buck 'o five....