Unanswered topics Active topics

ES5 160000km servicing ... where to go?

Civic model year 2000 -2005
gylgyl
5000rpm
5000rpm
Posts: 236
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:43 am

ES5 160000km servicing ... where to go?

Post by gylgyl » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:58 pm

I will send it my car for 160k km servicing soon...
other than normal changes like timing belts and water pump and fuel filters i will changes these as well...

1) engine mounts all 3 of them
2) shock absorber...

any tips how i can save abit and still achieve the goals>?

which workshop to go?
i am thinking to go Kah motor for servicing ... will kana chop again?

User avatar
Krado
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON
Posts: 859
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:56 pm
Location: Bedok, Singapore.
Contact:

Re: ES5 160000km servicing ... where to go?

Post by Krado » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:21 am

gylgyl wrote: any tips how i can save abit and still achieve the goals>?
Buy your own parts. :lol:
Image

User avatar
MCDS
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Posts: 7871
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:15 pm
Location: Somewhere... out there.....

Post by MCDS » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:59 am

Actually do at KM is ok price and use KM original parts.

some workshops outside will actually charge HIGHER than KM if you dunno the pricing.


KM major service (timing belt) package is around $1k (all inclusive as listed on the package on the service manual)

outside if you do - buy your own parts SGD$400, Fluids (engine oil and filter, Radiator Fluid) $80-$200, Labour $$160-$250 you could save a few hundred bucks.


if changing enging mounts there are FOUR pieces. not 3... total for the 4 pcs SGD$270 - $320 or thereabouts... for the parts... Labour for engine mounts change is (you got to find out... maybe cheaper if done on whole package)

Shocks OEM can cost you up to $1k for the KYB adjustables, lowest price also almost SGD$800 for KYBs or Monroe or Tokiko... If you can find Showa, they are 'original OEMs'

Or you can go for premium shocks from Ohlins or Bilsteins (last I heard Bilsteins need a 3-4 month wait...)

hope the above information helps
Image

Image
Freedom isn't Free, it costs people like you and me... Freedom costs a buck 'o five....

gylgyl
5000rpm
5000rpm
Posts: 236
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:43 am

Post by gylgyl » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:52 pm

MCDS wrote:Actually do at KM is ok price and use KM original parts.

some workshops outside will actually charge HIGHER than KM if you dunno the pricing.


KM major service (timing belt) package is around $1k (all inclusive as listed on the package on the service manual)

outside if you do - buy your own parts SGD$400, Fluids (engine oil and filter, Radiator Fluid) $80-$200, Labour $$160-$250 you could save a few hundred bucks.


if changing enging mounts there are FOUR pieces. not 3... total for the 4 pcs SGD$270 - $320 or thereabouts... for the parts... Labour for engine mounts change is (you got to find out... maybe cheaper if done on whole package)

Shocks OEM can cost you up to $1k for the KYB adjustables, lowest price also almost SGD$800 for KYBs or Monroe or Tokiko... If you can find Showa, they are 'original OEMs'

Or you can go for premium shocks from Ohlins or Bilsteins (last I heard Bilsteins need a 3-4 month wait...)

hope the above information helps
If i decided to go for Kah motor... do u know any nice Kah motor service advisor can recommend? I will likely ask for the breakdown price first before doing the major service. hehehe dun know can nego for a better package or not if i do so much thing in a shot?

User avatar
fred59
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:39 pm

Post by fred59 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:28 pm

gylgyl wrote: If i decided to go for Kah motor... do u know any nice Kah motor service advisor can recommend? I will likely ask for the breakdown price first before doing the major service. hehehe dun know can nego for a better package or not if i do so much thing in a shot?
This one :lol:

Image

Or this one :lol: :lol: :lol:

Image
SEX is one of the nine reasons for re-incarnation, the RESTis not important.
Image

User avatar
MCDS
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Posts: 7871
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:15 pm
Location: Somewhere... out there.....

Post by MCDS » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:08 am

fred... end up dunno what kena service... car or driver... :) end up still pay $$$ haha...
Image

Image
Freedom isn't Free, it costs people like you and me... Freedom costs a buck 'o five....

User avatar
Krado
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON
Posts: 859
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:56 pm
Location: Bedok, Singapore.
Contact:

Post by Krado » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:54 pm

fred59 wrote:
gylgyl wrote: If i decided to go for Kah motor... do u know any nice Kah motor service advisor can recommend? I will likely ask for the breakdown price first before doing the major service. hehehe dun know can nego for a better package or not if i do so much thing in a shot?
This one :lol:

Image

Or this one :lol: :lol: :lol:

Image

This one.

Image :lol:
Image

User avatar
fred59
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:39 pm

Post by fred59 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:02 pm

Kena this type will only service ball joints and drive shafts. :lol: :lol: :lol:
SEX is one of the nine reasons for re-incarnation, the RESTis not important.
Image

User avatar
Krado
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON
Posts: 859
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:56 pm
Location: Bedok, Singapore.
Contact:

Post by Krado » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:14 pm

fred59 wrote:Kena this type will only service ball joints and drive shafts. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:
Image

User avatar
fred59
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:39 pm

Post by fred59 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:49 pm

Mai post pic Liao my keyboard stain wif blood from my nose oridy.

KM cannot bargain, their parts are fix, once parts are indented from store and keyed in the system, automatically will totaled up the bill, beyond the adviser control. If you minus some parts to cut cost they might not give u a full service warranty. KM is just slightly higher den outside in costing but they don't miss out any parts.

Got a fella's ES5 from my factory, done 80k wif some bandit workshop, I suspect they onli tighten and check all the beltings without replacing, snapped less den a year, koyak 6 piston, how to point finger when driver know nuts oso. Lup recon engine cos his loan is 10yrs, even car go to scrapyard on the 10th year, still go to pay one last installment.

Last month met him, told me engine warped, leaking, so Lup engine again but this time a 1.7 vtis, told me the car now Jin Ho lat, told him to keep the engine for me if he scrap his ride. Total 2 engine $4k.
SEX is one of the nine reasons for re-incarnation, the RESTis not important.
Image

User avatar
Wham
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON
Posts: 421
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:53 am
Location: SengKang

Post by Wham » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:57 am

fred59 wrote:
gylgyl wrote: If i decided to go for Kah motor... do u know any nice Kah motor service advisor can recommend? I will likely ask for the breakdown price first before doing the major service. hehehe dun know can nego for a better package or not if i do so much thing in a shot?
This one :lol:

Image

Hello Fred pls advise which KM service centre is she working in??? :D
Don't Worry Be :)
7G-civic (EKI B+)
Image

User avatar
fred59
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:39 pm

Post by fred59 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:31 pm

Wham wrote:
Hello Fred pls advise which KM service centre is she working in??? :D
Bro wham, notti notti :mrgreen: so fast drive shaft leaking arh, tod you last major in KM recently. Inside all new outside lao kok kok. :lol: :lol: :lol:

This type of chye, honda thai plenty, promotion gals at the show room.
The one posted is from North Korea Honda. :lol:
SEX is one of the nine reasons for re-incarnation, the RESTis not important.
Image

User avatar
Wham
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON
Posts: 421
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:53 am
Location: SengKang

Post by Wham » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:25 am

fred59 wrote:
Wham wrote:
Hello Fred pls advise which KM service centre is she working in??? :D
Bro wham, notti notti :mrgreen: so fast drive shaft leaking arh, tod you last major in KM recently. Inside all new outside lao kok kok. :lol: :lol: :lol:

This type of chye, honda thai plenty, promotion gals at the show room.
The one posted is from North Korea Honda. :lol:
haha bro fred, my drive shaft is working fine no leak no leak however just last week my radiator leak out the greenish fluid and the replacement honda genuine radiator - MIT is not cheap. BTW i dun see ( . Y . ) in the workshop. haiz ... :lol:
Last edited by Wham on Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't Worry Be :)
7G-civic (EKI B+)
Image

User avatar
fred59
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:39 pm

Post by fred59 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:59 pm

Wham wrote:
fred59 wrote:
Wham wrote:
Hello Fred pls advise which KM service centre is she working in??? :D
Bro wham, notti notti :mrgreen: so fast drive shaft leaking arh, tod you last major in KM recently. Inside all new outside lao kok kok. :lol: :lol: :lol:

This type of chye, honda thai plenty, promotion gals at the show room.
The one posted is from North Korea Honda. :lol:
haha bro fred, my drive shaft is working fine no leak no leak however just last week my radiator leak out the greenish fluid and the honda genuine radiator - MIT is not cheap. BTW i dun see ( . Y . ) in the workshop. haiz ... :lol:
SHC's ham sup lo spotted. :lol: :lol: :lol:
SEX is one of the nine reasons for re-incarnation, the RESTis not important.
Image

User avatar
Wham
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON
Posts: 421
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:53 am
Location: SengKang

Post by Wham » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:49 pm

:shock: :? :( :cry: sob ... sob ... sob ...

I am just only trying to be honest and tell the truth that I can't find or see anything in the workshop.


:oops:

ham sup lo aka tiko peh

same same same same lah ... :wink:
Don't Worry Be :)
7G-civic (EKI B+)
Image

Post Reply