Any GURU can help?

Civic model year 2000 -2005
81civic
3000rpm
3000rpm

Any GURU can help?

Post by 81civic » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:57 pm

Hi All Bros and GURU,

My ride ES1 (A), tyres BOTAK soon. Can recommend any good tyre for WET and DRY road? Currently on Bridgestone RE001, >20% thread left. Currently on diameter 205/55/16. Thinking of

1) Eagle F1 Directional 5
2) BS RE 002
3) BS S001
4) Michelin Pilot Sport 3

Can anyone advice or is there any better tyre can the BROS can recommend??

MCDS
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator

Post by MCDS » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:07 pm

seriously good tyre for wet and dry?

try the Toyo Proxis R1R

or the BS RE11

these two ... The R1R I seen and feedback from track days in the rain.... it can hold...

but if you want cheep... I dunno man.. cheep and good?

I think the China Brand got fierce tyres look grippy in the wet too...

it's placed higher than Toyo in workd rankings for a tyre company!

what's the brand? hmmm... West Lake? haha yes I will put on a set later to try...

seems the drifting community use it for their competitions.,. should say a lot about performance ba....

Freedom isn't Free, it costs people like you and me... Freedom costs a buck 'o five....

DaDude
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut

Post by DaDude » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:26 am

16 inch rarely got good tires... suggest you upgrade to 17 or go back to stock size...

If not you can stick to the 001
ImageImage
DDM

MCDS
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator

Post by MCDS » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:04 am

I think the Toyo R1R has 16 inch size... dunno if must special indent or not tho... I'd seen a bro use it before on 16 inch rims...

Freedom isn't Free, it costs people like you and me... Freedom costs a buck 'o five....

C.S.HO.
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by C.S.HO. » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:05 pm

I'm using HANKOOK RS3 225/45/17...can said tat is a reasonable tire for SG usageon the Price & road handling...wet & dry also good!!I think you can try the HANKOOK V12 or s1evo tire for your ride.price for sure within your budget!!is for wet & dry too.... :wink:

MCDS
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator

Post by MCDS » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:39 pm

C.S.HO. wrote:I'm using HANKOOK RS3 225/45/17...can said tat is a reasonable tire for SG usageon the Price & road handling...wet & dry also good!!I think you can try the HANKOOK V12 or s1evo tire for your ride.price for sure within your budget!!is for wet & dry too.... :wink:
225/45/17 is way too oversized for the ES ... your wheel well must well bua by now... and U turn always become 3 point turn... and 3 point turn become 4 points at least...

you milage will also be inaccurate as the tyre is oversized for your car... diameter exceeded 10% larger... so your speedo and odo will be way wrong...

215 is largest you can go on ES and even then will bua a bit with the 45 aspect ratio...

Korean tyres are coming up... Kumho is good too... just ask Krado... go track oso can!

try to compare that with the R1R... use one set and you will know the difference...

C.S.HO.
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by C.S.HO. » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:50 pm

Hi MCDS,

I'm just sharing the tire tat I'm using.is not on ES ride ya.. :roll:
Jus recommend Bluecomet,cos compare price this Hankook consider ok for those who dun Wana spend more on JDM @ CONTI spec tire...

81civic
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by 81civic » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:50 pm

Hi Bros,

Thank for the useful info.

rOcH
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut

Post by rOcH » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:21 pm

I cannot agree that RS3 is good in wet.

IMO, it is POS in wet.

Avoid using them, it may cause you your life.

MCDS
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator

Post by MCDS » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:27 pm

C.S.HO. wrote:Hi MCDS,

I'm just sharing the tire tat I'm using.is not on ES ride ya.. :roll:
Jus recommend Bluecomet,cos compare price this Hankook consider ok for those who dun Wana spend more on JDM @ CONTI spec tire...

OK just to note: Different tyre sizes on different cars and different weight of the cars affect the performance of the tyres. not a lot, but there will be a difference.

if you are using same sized tyres to compare even if on different car, at least there is a common denominator - same tyre size.

now your reference is with a different car on a different sized tyre... cannot compare properly dude... if a durian is a durian is a durian, no need to pay $40 for one... $2 can leow...

I know you are trying to help... thanks... but many ES bros in here esp new ones would not know to differentiate.

Thanks for understanding - do continue to contribute anyway - at least now we know where you are coming from.

Different car (which one btw)?

Different sized tyre (225/45/17) sounds line FD or heaver class vehicle...

jerome85
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by jerome85 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:41 pm

MCDS wrote:seriously good tyre for wet and dry?

try the Toyo Proxis R1R

or the BS RE11

these two ... The R1R I seen and feedback from track days in the rain.... it can hold...

but if you want cheep... I dunno man.. cheep and good?

I think the China Brand got fierce tyres look grippy in the wet too...

it's placed higher than Toyo in workd rankings for a tyre company!

what's the brand? hmmm... West Lake? haha yes I will put on a set later to try...

seems the drifting community use it for their competitions.,. should say a lot about performance ba....
Hi Bro MCDS ,

1)have u try Toyo T1R ??? any comment ??

2) Any Brand of tire of 15 inch Rim?? pls recommend . perfer for wet and dry handling.

Thanks U

MCDS
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator

Post by MCDS » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:14 am

T1R is one step down from the R1R

sponsored the tyres for Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift.

unique features is that when burn a T1R tyre in drift, it gives of white smoke instead of grey smoke...

Seen people use it on track as well. Not sure i it will be near R1R in terms of performance

15 inch rim.. lots of high performance tyres available.

Bridgestone RE11, RE002,
Toyo R1R
Conti Sport Contact3
Michellin Sport Pilot Preceda2
Kumho 591?
Yoko AD08
the list is quite long...

tried and tested - some will swear by it... Bridgestones are proven, so are Toyo...

tell you oso no use... how do you drive your ES? never come meetup no one knows except yourself... no way for us to actually have any idea what you really need

we can only tell you our favourite performance tyre that WE would like to use...

jerome85
3000rpm
3000rpm

Post by jerome85 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:43 am

MCDS wrote:T1R is one step down from the R1R

sponsored the tyres for Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift.

unique features is that when burn a T1R tyre in drift, it gives of white smoke instead of grey smoke...

Seen people use it on track as well. Not sure i it will be near R1R in terms of performance

15 inch rim.. lots of high performance tyres available.

Bridgestone RE11, RE002,
Toyo R1R
Conti Sport Contact3
Michellin Sport Pilot Preceda2
Kumho 591?
Yoko AD08
the list is quite long...

tried and tested - some will swear by it... Bridgestones are proven, so are Toyo...

tell you oso no use... how do you drive your ES? never come meetup no one knows except yourself... no way for us to actually have any idea what you really need

we can only tell you our favourite performance tyre that WE would like to use...
ok Bro MCDs .
saw forum posted pasir ris BBQ on 7 oct as in post recently .

i see how . cuase my exams are on the 27 n 28 oct .

Krado
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON

Post by Krado » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:44 pm

MCDS wrote: Kumho 591?
KUKU 31 :lol:

MCDS
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator

Post by MCDS » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:48 pm

bro Krado...

your signature pic is damn classic...

for a car to use ALL of the damper's travel... you must be doing quite quite fast in that turn...

who says "my car stock - not ready for track" ... need to go drink some used engine oil ... :twisted: :butthead: