Unanswered topics Active topics

Sound from front under carriage

Civic model year 2000 -2005
User avatar
fred59
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:39 pm

Sound from front under carriage

Post by fred59 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:01 am

Morning bros

Got up early along the way to office, I heard this very faint tok sound from the front of my car. First funny sound after so many years, last sat I lowered my ride to 0 finger, was dat the cause of the sound but the sound is quite negligible very faint tod it will cause me an arm, i got no leg to give. Wonder could it be worned bushings or arms. :cry:

Only one tok sound but not every time, only when I launch from stationery or on the move, applied brakes and accererate again especially stationery on up slope.
SEX is one of the nine reasons for re-incarnation, the RESTis not important.
Image

User avatar
DaDude
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut
Posts: 3244
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:18 pm

Post by DaDude » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:03 am

Jack up... and do a full tightening of all bolts...
Check all bushings, like engine mounts and esp. the arb ones... etc...
If funds permit, do a full service of brakes (brake kit seals & bushes)...
ImageImage
DDM

User avatar
fred59
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:39 pm

Post by fred59 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:49 pm

DaDude wrote:Jack up... and do a full tightening of all bolts...
Check all bushings, like engine mounts and esp. the arb ones... etc...
If funds permit, do a full service of brakes (brake kit seals & bushes)...
Thanks bro, will take note of the pointers. Yet to change bushings and service the whole braking system, my braided hoses are sitting at home waiting to be install.

I tod my blardy buddies screwed up my under carriage, they adjusted my coils damm crude using pallet jacks and raise up on stack pallets in a warehouse but they did a good job on my coils, difference in the millimetres with ruler. Weigh distribution zhun zhun can let go steering for a good 5 lamposts. :lol: :lol:

Heard your new ride not run-in yet :twisted: can wait too long to tolak you back :mrgreen:
SEX is one of the nine reasons for re-incarnation, the RESTis not important.
Image

User avatar
DaDude
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut
Posts: 3244
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:18 pm

Post by DaDude » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:32 pm

fred59 wrote:
DaDude wrote:Jack up... and do a full tightening of all bolts...
Check all bushings, like engine mounts and esp. the arb ones... etc...
If funds permit, do a full service of brakes (brake kit seals & bushes)...
Thanks bro, will take note of the pointers. Yet to change bushings and service the whole braking system, my braided hoses are sitting at home waiting to be install.

I tod my blardy buddies screwed up my under carriage, they adjusted my coils damm crude using pallet jacks and raise up on stack pallets in a warehouse but they did a good job on my coils, difference in the millimetres with ruler. Weigh distribution zhun zhun can let go steering for a good 5 lamposts. :lol: :lol:

Heard your new ride not run-in yet :twisted: can wait too long to tolak you back :mrgreen:
Just a guess... might be your coilover top mount...
I should go over for a coilover treatment too... haha...
Call me anytime for the tolak... lol :lol:
ImageImage
DDM

User avatar
fred59
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:39 pm

Post by fred59 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:14 am

Just a guess... might be your coilover top mount...
I should go over for a coilover treatment too... haha...
Call me anytime for the tolak... lol :lol:
[/quote]

Now dat you mention top mount, seems like the sound is higher up driver side hollow tok sound will check in the morning. My coil was almost to the max so we have to shorten the spring rate for less height, he was twisting the spring to sit on the correct catch before shortening thus could have loosen the top mount.

You shud know him, black ex-prefacelift ES owner ah siong oridy move on to rex.

Tolak call Krado :lol: :lol:
SEX is one of the nine reasons for re-incarnation, the RESTis not important.
Image

User avatar
DaDude
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut
Posts: 3244
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:18 pm

Post by DaDude » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:39 am

fred59 wrote:Now dat you mention top mount, seems like the sound is higher up driver side hollow tok sound will check in the morning. My coil was almost to the max so we have to shorten the spring rate for less height, he was twisting the spring to sit on the correct catch before shortening thus could have loosen the top mount.

You shud know him, black ex-prefacelift ES owner ah siong oridy move on to rex.

Tolak call Krado :lol: :lol:
Dun noe him leh... maybe see face will recognise... :oops:
Krado too fierce already... Tolak sure catch sometin wan... :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol:

Top mount has rubber bushes that might have worned due to the tightening... again just a guess bro... Cheers hope you find the problem... 8)
ImageImage
DDM

roadrunner
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON
Posts: 618
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:32 pm

Post by roadrunner » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:07 am

DaDude wrote:
Dun noe him leh... maybe see face will recognise... :oops:
Krado too fierce already... Tolak sure catch sometin wan... :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol:

Top mount has rubber bushes that might have worned due to the tightening... again just a guess bro... Cheers hope you find the problem... 8)
Bro, mine oso got many sound all over. Advise pls. :D

User avatar
Krado
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON
Posts: 859
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:56 pm
Location: Bedok, Singapore.
Contact:

Post by Krado » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:28 pm

DaDude wrote: Krado too fierce already... Tolak sure catch sometin wan... :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol:
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Image

User avatar
DaDude
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut
Posts: 3244
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:18 pm

Post by DaDude » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:46 pm

roadrunner wrote:
DaDude wrote:
Dun noe him leh... maybe see face will recognise... :oops:
Krado too fierce already... Tolak sure catch sometin wan... :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol:

Top mount has rubber bushes that might have worned due to the tightening... again just a guess bro... Cheers hope you find the problem... 8)
Bro, mine oso got many sound all over. Advise pls. :D
Put earplugs... your K24 turbo nitro is too loud... only can feel your balls vibrating... :lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImage
DDM

roadrunner
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON
Posts: 618
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:32 pm

Post by roadrunner » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:07 pm

DaDude wrote:
roadrunner wrote:
DaDude wrote:
Dun noe him leh... maybe see face will recognise... :oops:
Krado too fierce already... Tolak sure catch sometin wan... :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol:

Top mount has rubber bushes that might have worned due to the tightening... again just a guess bro... Cheers hope you find the problem... 8)
Bro, mine oso got many sound all over. Advise pls. :D
Put earplugs... your K24 turbo nitro is too loud... only can feel your balls vibrating... :lol: :lol: :lol:
haha. Are u the same DaDude from LancerEX forum? :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
derrickgoh77
6000rpm VTEC ON
6000rpm VTEC ON
Posts: 419
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:25 pm

Post by derrickgoh77 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:45 am

roadrunner wrote:
DaDude wrote:
roadrunner wrote: Bro, mine oso got many sound all over. Advise pls. :D
Put earplugs... your K24 turbo nitro is too loud... only can feel your balls vibrating... :lol: :lol: :lol:
haha. Are u the same DaDude from LancerEX forum? :lol: :lol: :lol:
yeah... he turbo-ed his 1.5ex Lancer!!!
Image
Slow Metallic Tank - ES1

User avatar
DaDude
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut
Posts: 3244
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:18 pm

Post by DaDude » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:16 pm

derrickgoh77 wrote:
roadrunner wrote:
DaDude wrote: Put earplugs... your K24 turbo nitro is too loud... only can feel your balls vibrating... :lol: :lol: :lol:
haha. Are u the same DaDude from LancerEX forum? :lol: :lol: :lol:
yeah... he turbo-ed his 1.5ex Lancer!!!
NB ! :axe:
ImageImage
DDM

User avatar
MCDS
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Civic ES/EU/EP Moderator
Posts: 7871
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:15 pm
Location: Somewhere... out there.....

Post by MCDS » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:07 pm

derrickgoh77 wrote:
yeah... he turbo-ed his 1. 5ex Lancer!!!
this sounds so wrong... yet so... Dude... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

5exy... real 5exy...
Image

Image
Freedom isn't Free, it costs people like you and me... Freedom costs a buck 'o five....

User avatar
fred59
7000rpm VTEC ON
7000rpm VTEC ON
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:39 pm

Post by fred59 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:46 pm

where, where got 5ex, I one , I one. :liar:

Today went for trouble-shooting, strip down the right front wheel where the sound came from found out that the steering rack linkage to the brake hub has a slack and clearly the rubber bush was worn. Lifting the hub up and down definite theres a gap already. We tighten the joint to to close the gap, confirm and yes the sound was reduced but realize that the steering is much firmer and more control when on high speed feeling but still got to replace the bushing.

Kumsia bro Dadude. :idea:
SEX is one of the nine reasons for re-incarnation, the RESTis not important.
Image

User avatar
DaDude
9000rpm Rev Cut
9000rpm Rev Cut
Posts: 3244
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:18 pm

Post by DaDude » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:54 pm

fred59 wrote:where, where got 5ex, I one , I one. :liar:

Today went for trouble-shooting, strip down the right front wheel where the sound came from found out that the steering rack linkage to the brake hub has a slack and clearly the rubber bush was worn. Lifting the hub up and down definite theres a gap already. We tighten the joint to to close the gap, confirm and yes the sound was reduced but realize that the steering is much firmer and more control when on high speed feeling but still got to replace the bushing.

Kumsia bro Dadude. :idea:
Lucky guess bro...
Thank your mechanic bro... You might want to do the same for your rear links and other bushings... You will love the ride feel and handlin even more.
ImageImage
DDM

Post Reply